Chief Being Classified As A 'Traitor'

Ranger Intel

Just because you're too lazy to read, that doesn't mean they should cater the story down and ignore the expanded universe.

Easy there. I forgot sarcasm doesn't translate well through text. It isn't laziness that prevents me from doing the research, it's that I no longer have the free time to do said research; nor the patience to bullet point the information.

And I wasn't implying the latter half of your statement either; I don't really know where you got that from. I wasn't saying that they should do fanservice, I was saying that they opened it up to it.

Easy there. I forgot sarcasm doesn't translate well through text. It isn't laziness that prevents me from doing the research, it's that I no longer have the free time to do said research; nor the patience to bullet point the information.

And I wasn't implying the latter half of your statement either; I don't really know where you got that from. I wasn't saying that they should do fanservice, I was saying that they opened it up to it.

Eh. I see too many people who want 343 to make all EU non-canon or give it out for free or waste time in-game explaining it again because they're too lazy to go even look on halopedia.

Blanket reply before I wash my eyes with holy water and bleach (thanks for saying "twi--" *gags*);

Canon already seems to have shifted; I doubt the books and game have anything in common any more.

I don't care for reading.

With all the wtf-ery involved with the games/books (meaning their differences), how can we be any sort of certain that what's talked about in the books (or whatever you guys are going off about) will even be hinted to in the game?

But glad to see opinions differ so vastly.

Now where'd I leave my holy water?

Bungie and 343 Industries have actually done a great job of keeping the books and games in line with eachother. I understand the fact that you don't have much time to read, but your statement of 'wtf-ery' in terms of differences between the games and books is false. They're very accurate.

Because Mendicant was the leader of a massive army of Flood in the late Forerunner-Flood war- he was in control of millions of vessels and in co-ordination with the keyminds an Graveminds. Mendicant knows the full knowledge of the Flood and will be a vital part for when they return in force.

True, we may end up seeing the end of the Flood soon if we can get MB's co-ordination. Now what was all that business about the UNSC and ONI above?

Bungie and 343 Industries have actually done a great job of keeping the books and games in line with eachother. I understand the fact that you don't have much time to read, but your statement of 'wtf-ery' in terms of differences between the games and books is false. They're very accurate.

True, we may end up seeing the end of the Flood soon if we can get MB's co-ordination. Now what was all that business about the UNSC and ONI above?

-ONI causing/ attempting/ supplying civil war between their only ally

-ONI engineering bioweapons to wipe out their only ally

-ONI driving away the only woman who knows how to operate Forerunner technology on a competant level

-ONI lying to the Navy about Jackal pirates to try and get rid of a minor threat (Note this has caused Lasky to vow never to trust ONI again, if it and to Civil War, Infinity would not be on te side of ONI)

Also, we will be seeing the flood.

"The forerunners have been tested and have ailed, humanity will be tested next, when they rise up in arrogance and defiance"

^ a paraphrased quite from the Primordial basically saying when humans become powerful again, they will be tested in the same way the forerunners were. Humanity is becoming arrogant and defiant now, and te Flood will soon return in force.

Edited by BaconShelf

That may not have been a good example but it doesn't change the fact that his mission has always been to protect Cortana. Why do you think that in most of Halo 3 your objective was to re-obtain Cortana?

Tht was never a direct mission; that was something he chose to undertake himself. His direct mission from the moment he was given Cortana; a day before the Battle of Reach; was to infiltrate a Covenant Cruiser and capture a Prophet alive. Then it was what e was ordered to do; te only point has it been a priority of his was the mission Cortana and the first three levels of Halo 4. After that, Cortana is, at best, a secondary objective- coupled with his own life.

Using a line from a person who was not only in another branch of the military (John is in the Navy, Johnson in the Marines) but also a lower rank (Master Chief Petty Officer vs. Staff Sergeant) is not a good example. Cortana is not John's primary concern.

In Halo 3, most of your objective was to kill Truth and end the Covenant. The Cortana moments aren't actually Cortana, you know.

Edited by BaconShelf

-ONI causing/ attempting/ supplying civil war between their only ally

-ONI engineering bioweapons to wipe out their only ally

-ONI driving away the only woman who knows how to operate Forerunner technology on a competant level

-ONI lying to the Navy about Jackal pirates to try and get rid of a minor threat (Note this has caused Lasky to vow never to trust ONI again, if it and to Civil War, Infinity would not be on te side of ONI)

Who is this 'only ally'? The UNSC?

I've got no idea about the lies relating to Jackle pirates. Is some of this in Escalation?

Doesn't the UNSC have to side with ONI? Doesn't ONI almost command the UNSC? They are both tied together.

Who is this 'only ally'? The UNSC?

I've got no idea about the lies relating to Jackle pirates. Is some of this in Escalation?

Doesn't the UNSC have to side with ONI? Doesn't ONI almost command the UNSC? They are both tied together.

Te Swords of Sanghelios- arguably the most powerful faction in existence led by Thel 'Vadam. Without Thel as an ally, humanity woul have been wiped off the map by pretty much any faction out there by now. ONI tried to instigate civil war and engineer bioweapons to force them into famine- not exactly a great idea.

Kig-Yar have always been pirates an were largely employed by the Covenant as scavengers. As soon as the Covenant ended, they quickly resumed being pirates and mercenaries. Yes, that event in particular was from Escalation, though. 11 and 12- my useful links thread has a link to read all of escalation online.

Not really. If the UNSC decided to abandon ONI, they could do it; ONI has done more to hinder the UNSC and controls many politicians and such through backdoor politics. Plus, the UNSC has handed control back to the UEG and is no longer the war government.

Te Swords of Sanghelios- arguably the most powerful faction in existence led by Thel 'Vadam. Without Thel as an ally, humanity woul have been wiped off the map by pretty much any faction out there by now. ONI tried to instigate civil war and engineer bioweapons to force them into famine- not exactly a great idea.

Kig-Yar have always been pirates an were largely employed by the Covenant as scavengers. As soon as the Covenant ended, they quickly resumed being pirates and mercenaries. Yes, that event in particular was from Escalation, though. 11 and 12- my useful links thread has a link to read all of escalation online.

Not really. If the UNSC decided to abandon ONI, they could do it; ONI has done more to hinder the UNSC and controls many politicians and such through backdoor politics. Plus, the UNSC has handed control back to the UEG and is no longer the war government.

Why would ONI want to instigate a civil war?

I'm aware of the Kig-Yar's history, thank you, although I didn't see what ONI were lying about and why. I'll check Escalation for that someday, thanks.

Why would ONI want to instigate a civil war?

I'm aware of the Kig-Yar's history, thank you, although I didn't see what ONI were lying about and why. I'll check Escalation for that someday, thanks.

To weaken the Covenant by making them fight among themselves rather than come for humans, and let humans have fine to rebuild.

To weaken the Covenant by making them fight among themselves rather than come for humans, and let humans have fine to rebuild.

Is evidence of ONI wanting to encourage conflict between the Covenant Remnant and The Swords Of Sanghelios located in Escalation? Are ONI doing this so Humanity can be powerfully superior?

Is evidence of ONI wanting to encourage conflict between the Covenant Remnant and The Swords Of Sanghelios located in Escalation? Are ONI doing this so Humanity can be powerfully superior?

A) Kilo-Five (Commonly regarded as the worst set of books in the series)

B) Halopedia is your friend