Halo 5 Hunt the Truth? [UPDATE]

Halo 5 Hunt the Truth?

cWhRVxU.jpg?1

A mysterious website had popped up having something to do with Halo 5, but what?

It has been rather quiet around Halo 5 news lately, the only thing we got the last month was a 2 second teaser trailer that was featured in an Xbox ad (more on the trailer can be found here).
Now Frank O'Conner has tweeted a link to tumblr with the hashtags #Halo5 and #HUNTtheTRUTH.

The countdown is on http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/ #Halo5 #HUNTtheTRUTH
~Frank O'Connor on Twitter

Clicking this link will lead you to a site showing a bullet engraved with "Traitor" (see the image above), a countdown underneath it and the Halo 5: Guardians logo at the bottom of the site. There are also 2 buttons, one for sharing it yourself on Twitter and one for putting it on a calendar on a program of your choice as a reminder. Upon sharing the blog it will prefill your tweet with:

What seems like the end, is only the beginning. http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/ #HUNTtheTRUTH #Halo5

Now this isn't a countdown to the release date of Halo 5 like you'd expect since it's currently standing at about 2-3 days.
What this countdown is counting down to is still unknown, but rumours are that it's a countdown to a huge reveal of something Halo 5 related and that it has something to do with Agent Locke hunting the Master Chief who may have been dubbed as traitor by the UNSC.
Alas we won't know for sure untill it hits 0, which is up and around coming Sunday.

What do you think this countdown is counting down to?
Let us know down below!
Thank you for reading! :D

[uPDATE]

People have gone around digging in the source code and found a image that was "supposed" to be on the background which shows nothing but a few blue dots, seems pointless right? So why would it be hidden?

This questions led to people mucking around a bit more with the image which resulted in this:

Demons_Gods.png

Upper left has the word "Demons" and lower right sais "gods" which is rumoured to be linked to the Gravemind as one of his lines in the games is "I have defied gods and demons".

Is this a small hint towards the Flood?

Only time will tell.

What do you think?

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

Anyway there's another map found in the code that doesn't have any words on it. I also found a small pic of an iceberg within the code... I don't even know why it's there. rrhunt told me that the Didact's symbol showed up on a falling iceberg during the crap they did with Halo 4. It just seems really out of place.

r17xl-100KB.png?rnd=14-1-13960-0-0-20-50

Xa2jOBg.png

8creOTg.png

If they have any images or anything hidden in the HTML code that would be quite sloppy of them. Tumblr pages however are completely customizable via standard HTML and CSS. Going into the F12 mode won't get you anything worth while since any photo has to be uploaded first and every part of a theme can have a photo as them (avatar, background, header, background of the posts)

Any worthwhile info is probably going to be on there on sunday, I followed the blog.

This reminds me a bit of the Cortana letters

I'm pretty sure the few that know about what this and the countdown all mean expected people to mess with the picture.

Similar to UNSC Spartan II:

I like this, but I still don't accept Chief as a traitor. Really looking forward to what's going to be revealed, it could be anything. Nice work P34nut.

I had the same idea...

oCL9e.jpg

I've seen more than enough evidence to be assured that the Illuminati is taking over Halo.

Woah leaked Halo 5 gameplay:

tumblr_md5pvhAbnE1rv6bkfo1_400.gif

Just to point out people are saying the "Gods and Demons" image is fake. Not sure if you know that already I only found out myself.

Is it confirmed to be fake? If so can you link me to your source?

I wouldn't want to spread false information.

Just to point out people are saying the "Gods and Demons" image is fake. Not sure if you know that already I only found out myself.

The star maps are not fake (they're all over the official sites). However I can see how someone could have put Gods, and Demons within the pics, but I still hold doubt that they're actually fake.

hqdefault.jpg

'HUNT' is closer to Locke, 'TRUTH' is closer to Chief

This could either be a coincidence, or it could mean something completely different. Chief may not be a traitor after all, although the UNSC has classified him as one.

I didn't think Chief was going to be traitor for one second, not in the eyes of the player or even to many people in the game. It was always the impression (to me) Chief is breaking ONI rules for the greater good but ONI branding him as traitor and hunting him down is to cover their own a** for whatever reason. It'll be the same as Chief defying Del Rio's orders to hand over Cortanas chip in Halo 4. What he did was a punishable offence in the eyes of ONI and the UNSC but to us and to characters in the game such as Laskey, we didn't see it as that. Halo 5 will be like that but obviously this time it be way more serious on a much much bigger scale.

Is it confirmed to be fake? If so can you link me to your source?

I wouldn't want to spread false information.

Sorry I didn't really word that well. There is no confirmation of the "gods and demons" image being fake as of yet (as far as I know anyway) but there are people saying it doesn't seem genuine after going into it poking around or something like that. So I should have said it possibly could be fake. 

• Like 1

This could maybe lead to the Gravemind and a possible return of the Flood? I think the countdown will be some trailer that releases a lot of important information that will confirm a lot of rumors and doubts.

The countdown already hit 0. Check the link to see what it revealed! :D