Halo 3 Unban

April_24th

I'm not exactly sure if this is where I should post this. It's also way overdue, but I got banned on H3 a while back. And to this day i have no idea why I did. I was playing games of Team Slayer all day one day. Then I sign on the next day to find out that I got banned. I don't know if its because I kept getting paired up with the same players or what. But I was curious if there's anyway to tell me what I got banned for and/or reverse the ban. I've been wanting to play H3 like the good old days, but I can't and it's very frustrating. I'm hoping there is something you can do to help me here. My gamertag is April 24th if that helps with anything.

Ash, he is referring to Halo 3 on the 360. He specifically says, "Awhile" and "To this day". MCC came out in November, 4 months ago. Not referred to as "Awhile" in game speaking.

Also, to the OP.

The chances of you being on Halo 3, is what I call "Safe to say", you won't be unbanned. You're stuck like this, forever. You'll need to move on up to Halo MCC. That's the only way you'll be able to play Halo 3 Matchmaking again, I am sorry. 343 doesn't do anything at all with Halo 3 or Halo Reach anymore. They're dead. Sorry.

Bans handed out by the Bungie/MS staff for Halo 3 don't get overturned, ever. I have an account which is banned, and it has been banned since the middle of 2008. I had to start a whole new account to play Halo 3, which was console banned in 2009. Which meant I had to get another new account and a whole new console to even play on XBL. Neither of these bans have been lifted.

If you are talking about the Xbox 360 version of Halo 3, then my suggestion would be to try using a friend's account on your xbox to make sure you aren't console banned and if you can use their account to play, then get yourself another XBL profile. If you are console banned (which you can tell by the inability to play H3 on any account on your X-Box) then I would suggest getting an Xbox One, a new XBL profile, and MCC. That will ensure your ability to play Halo 3 (as well as Halo CE, H2, and H4) on multiplayer.

Also, the most common reason for a permanent account ban on Halo 3 would be deranking/boosting. Some people got banhammered even though they weren't doing it intentionally, they just made the mistake of remaining in the party with a booster for one game too long.