The Game of Dominance: New Beginnings

Pbrabbit

11838go.jpg

Hello everybody and welcome! I am currently doing sign ups for my upcoming forum game, The Game of Dominance. A fun, exciting, political strategy game that will have to do with conquest and dominance. More details of the game are to come soon. But since I want to get a move on, this is how it is going to work. 5 People can sign up. Since this is the first time the game is being played, I would prefer all those who sign up to recognize that with this game being a political strategy game, there may be diplomatic debates and such invovled. So I ask all of those who sign up to participate, to know themselves and to know this could get heated and that you need to be able to be calm in tough situations. Once again it is just a game, but it is going to be a lot of fun! So the first 5 people to sign up will be those who get to play the very first game! Sign up now!

1.) Bnus

2.) Delpen9

3.) Ledgend1221

4.) Kakashi_Hatake

5.) Yang

Waiting List:

If you have any questions PM me!

Rules and The Game Map:

dzwmq0.jpg

The Game of Dominance
This is the Game of Dominance. This is a new game, so recognize that this being the trial game, there are bound to be some troubles, and some new and old rules either added or taken away. As players, at the end of the game, you will be able to provide full feedback on the game allowing me to get some advice about rules that I should add or take away. Maybe you have a brand new thing to add to the game, who knows. I’m super excited, so here it is.

Time Span of the game:

1 Turn is every 2 days, which is equal to one month in game.

How to play:

6 total cities, 1 Capital, 5 cities to prove themselves
(Given 1 energy source, choose 1 that is accessible to you, this will be info provided by the host.)

Energy sources:

Solar (+5 energy per turn)
Wind (+ 5 energy per turn)
Water (H20) (+ 5 energy per turn)
Geothermal (+5 energy per turn)
Radioactive (+10 energy per every other turn)
Fossil Fuel (+5 energy turn)

As the leader of your city you build up your resources every turn.
Start off with +5 of each energy you have.
You may trade points with other players to get certain resources.

Your Population at the beginning:

50 Adults

Goal of the Game:

Reach 150 Energy Points (In total) to win the game or win with military force. Must capture the capital.

What each energy does for you:

You have to have two main energy's to keep your cities power and military up.
Example:
Fossil fuels
Radioactive deposits

Using what you have per turn:

You use 1 energy per
You may use the same energy the next turn, but you have to use the other energy the next turn.

What do you mean 'use your energy?'

What I mean is, you cash in your energy to get energy points per turn. Each different type of energy will get you different points. A certain number of points will get you your military super energy weapons.

How to get more energy:

Debate with other cities on a regular basis with the capital who will award the top 2 debaters with +5 energy of their choosing.. There will be at least 8 of these major debates.

How to advance in the game:

So we have energy and military, now what? Well you need a certain number of energy to travel coast to coast per turn.

Start with 5 energy points: travel to the capital
Need 40+ to travel to 1 city (closest)
*to trade with this city
Need 50+ to travel to 2 cities (closest)
*to trade with this city and the other
Need 65+ to travel to 3 cities (closest)
*to trade with all previous
Need 80+ to travel to 4 cities (closest)
*to trade with all.

These are all on a anytime basis, so unlock these, and you advance further.
What this means is that the beginning of the game is very dependent on being active with the host and doing debates to try to win. The first few debates of the game will be highly influential on who gets to travel. The more you can travel, and the more you can trade.

Once players have reached 100+ energy, they may start to make diplomatic threats of military war. If so, the city being told needs to either give in or fight. It is recommended to fight as many aspects go

into it.

Choose an ally:

1-5, excluding yourself. They must accept you as an ally. Final allies must be reported to the
Capital (host of game)

There will be one odd man out in this. You may want to ally with the capital or stay alone.
The capital will grant you any energy fuel you desire. (+1 per turn)
It is recommended you ally with someone close to you, as there are traveling rules in the game

Debates:

Two cities may go head to head on a debate to have the other team lose points or even population to the other city.
Two alliances may go head to head in debate as well. Both cities that win will receive a large amount of Energy and Population from the losing cities.

Winning and Losing Debates:

Here is a table showing the prizes and losses for debates

2mcvjo2.png

Military and fighting:

Since the famous coin comes up a lot earlier, it comes up here too. With fighting, you will bring your selected number of population over. You have to have at least 10 population in your city.
Battling someone is basically coming down to numbers and energy combinations.

Energy combinations will determine how many different energy bombs you can buy for a military conquest.

Solar:  Sun bombs (Take out 30 population)
Wind:  Air bombs (Take out 20 Population)
Water (H20):  Deuterium bomb (Take out 60 Population)
Geothermal:  steam bombs (Take out 15 Population)
Radioactive:  Atomic bomb (Take out 55 Population)
Fossil Fuel:  Fire drops (Take out 20 Population)

To get these bombs and/or drops, you need to cash in energy points to the capital.

Cashing into the Capital:

To receive these special energy bombs, you need to cash them into the capital. 

j8jrpx.png

Amendment #1:

Amendment #1:

As for radioactive energy, each bomb(s) in total will add up to 55 population killed in total, for one bomb. What I will do is make the cash in values for these higher than let us say the Oil drops that do 20 Population. Although some seem better, cash in wise (with points) it is going to be a different story.
What I will do in the next hour is post the point cash in values for each energy for cashing in with the capital and then with the super weapons. I will also effectively be taking off the number of each bomb you may use, as cash in values for points can determine how many bombs of a certain type, one is willing to buy. Also remember that there are two ways to go about this game. Energy points or military dominance. So maybe picking the cheaper energy or trading with someone you're in an alliance with is the way to go.

As for trading, you may go by the point cash in chart, or by a different price depending on what your ally or enemy is willing to trade with you.

If the entire population dies the city is either 1, taken over, or 2 pillaged and ransacked to never be in existence again.

These are the rules for right now. If you have any comments or ideas, post below. Thanks!
Pb.

• Like 1

It is not halo related actually. This game is a city conquest game that has debate and requires players to win the game through energy resources or military might. The game will get intense and require a lot of background work and secrecy. Alliances can be formed, trust can be broken, and you have to diplomatically fight your way to the top.

Well I would hope by now I could spark some interest with a game and hope people would like to sign up. I'm just making a sign up list at the moment. I have rules and such in the making so if you would like to play, Sign up and do so. If you don't feel like playing because I have not given you enough, that is a perfectly acceptable thing to say. This is a wonderful community and I hope I can get those who trust me and want to sign up. I apologize as I am finalizing rules and such at the moment.

Well I would hope by now I could spark some interest with a game and hope people would like to sign up. I'm just making a sign up list at the moment. I have rules and such in the making so if you would like to play, Sign up and do so. If you don't feel like playing because I have not given you enough, that is a perfectly acceptable thing to say. This is a wonderful community and I hope I can get those who trust me and want to sign up. I apologize as I am finalizing rules and such at the moment.

It's always better to release a game and make it available for play AFTER the rules and game mechanics etc. have been finalised and shown to the players first, before the players accept their responsibilities as, well, players. I'd suggest freezing the list until the rules have made it into the OP first so people actually know what they're diving in to. Until then, you're asking people to make a blind commitment to a game that they know nothing about.

Remind me if you can when you finish typing all your solidified ideas. I'll be more interested then than I would be now, because I know nothing now compared to everything I would need to know then.

• Like 1

Why is Radioactive energy so much better than the others? Is there a downfall to using it - same goes for Water? 

When energy points are cashed into the capitol, how are we supposed to know the point exchange for each type of energy? 1 energy is converted into how many points? 

Also, these super millitary weapons... do they all have the same point cost? 

Additionally, if my entire population dies, do I lose? Common sense would say yes, but I'm not sure. 

Why is Radioactive energy so much better than the others? Is there a downfall to using it - same goes for Water? 

When energy points are cashed into the capitol, how are we supposed to know the point exchange for each type of energy? 1 energy is converted into how many points? 

Also, these super millitary weapons... do they all have the same point cost? 

Additionally, if my entire population dies, do I lose? Common sense would say yes, but I'm not sure. 

Thank you very much for the feedback and questions. It helps me and the game get better.

Amendment #1:

As for radioactive energy, each bomb(s) in total will add up to 55 population killed in total, for one bomb. What I will do is make the cash in values for these higher than let us say the Oil drops that do 20 Population. Although some seem better, cash in wise (with points) it is going to be a different story. 

What I will do in the next hour is post the point cash in values for each energy for cashing in with the capital and then with the super weapons. I will also effectively be taking off the number of each bomb you may use, as cash in values for points can determine how many bombs of a certain type, one is willing to buy. Also remember that there are two ways to go about this game. Energy points or military dominance. So maybe picking the cheaper energy or trading with someone you're in an alliance with is the way to go.

As for trading, you may go by the point cash in chart, or by a different price depending on what your ally or enemy is willing to trade with you.

If the entire population dies the city is either 1, taken over, or 2 pillaged and ransacked to never be in existence again.

Radioactive energy gives you 10 energy each round where the other energies get 5, but to kill 55 population, you only need to pay 50; in retrospect, it's like radioactive energy only costs 25 because you recieve double each round. :P 

Also, wind is the next best energy source... 

Turn One Starts Today

What this means for all of you:

-Choose which 1 energy you are going to cash in. (1 Energy= +5 energy points for that category)

-You may secretly or publicly make an alliance, just let me know in a pm separate from the one we already have.

-You may also not make an alliance on the first turn. It is your choice.

If you wish to make an alliance with the capital, pm myself. If by any chance there is more than 1 person wanting to put themselves with the capital at the beginning of the game, then a coin will be flipped to decide the alliance. But recognize that you may not travel to any city yet except the capital for this turn.

- Also prepare for the first Debate question to be posted tomorrow. You each will represent your country in this question. The top 2 winners not only get their bragging rights, but prizes along with their victory. (Those prizes include Energy Points and/or +Population)

As for a hint on tomorrow's question from the Capital:

Sun Energy and/or Wind Energy

Radioactive energy gives you 10 energy each round where the other energies get 5, but to kill 55 population, you only need to pay 50; in retrospect, it's like radioactive energy only costs 25 because you recieve double each round. :P

Also, wind is the next best energy source... 

When using radioactive energy, you may use it, but the next turn you cannot use energy of any kind*

Here it is folks! All the cities have traveled to Constantinople (The Capital), and have gathered here for the first debate question. How this works:

is that all those participating, the cities, get to have a 1 to 4 sentence response to the question. Cities are strictly told to stay within those guidelines. No city may go over 4 sentences. With those 4 sentences, you may write a poem, craft a clear ad concise response, or do anything you want. Just realize there is a prize for the top two responses. 1st prize gets the choice of a population boost or an energy boost. Second place receives whatever first place did not choose.

First Debate Question:

The cities of Berlin and Eclipse are quite intelligent with their use for energy. Berlin uses Water and Fossil Fuel as their energy, and Eclipse uses Solar and Fossil Fuel as their energy. Looking at the map and assuming the land Eclipse is on is flat, and that Berlin is right by the sea, which city would profit more by using Wind energy instead of Fossil Fuel?

If you are a member of the forum watching the game at the moment, there is a way for you to participate too! When a city or someone you like has posted a response you particularly enjoy, PM myself! That way, all of you out there can participate as well!

Eclipse, a city on flat land, must use onshore drilling to attain fossil fuels: oils that are made by the rapid burial of living organism in an area lacking oxygen - a requirement that Berlin, the island city, can take advantage of with offshore oil rigs. 

Berlin's economic stability is based around ultra-deepwater drilling, a new and innovative frontier, while Eclipse's success is defined by their proximity to fault lines and mountainous development (but there are no mountains); in Eclipse's case, horizontal drilling is increasing its market, but vertical drilling's market on flat land is decreasing - the drilling that Eclipse is stuck with. I believe, in the oil front, that Berlin is ahead of Eclipse by a good margin - assuming that profit equals production.

Eclipse would be better off by using wind energy. Berlin is relatively closer to the oceanic breeze and could harness the power of the NE Trade Winds due to its location to the equator, and you can't forget that islands are naturally mountainous and would bolster the wind's strength; however, Berlin's future in ultra-deepwater drilling is more fruitful.     

Honestly, Berlin has more opportunity in both forms of energy production. 

Edited by Delpen9
  • Like 1

Berlin would benefit greatly from offshore oil and/or natural gas drilling platforms as it is beside the sea and transport between the platforms and the city is relatively short due to the coastal location it lies on. Eclipse would have to build any drilling platforms on land and quite a distance away from the city due to pollution and other factors which would drive up the costs of doing this reducing the profits and growth this would offer in comparison to Berlin. Eclipse however would then have to choose wind as this is the better option as it would give better growth than it would to Berlin as it would be very cheap for Eclipse to work with.

Edit: I focused on Berlin and never mentioned Eclipse.....

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake
  • Like 1