Do you have a loving wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, or significant other you're spending this Valentine's with? If not, come sit with me and bask in our loneliness and social awkwardness. We can play Jenga, or... Cards Against Humanity... We can read? How about that? Let's read the new Weekly News Wrap-Up edition! 

post-26953-0-25891900-1423977178_thumb.png

Ubisoft Games Sales Figures Revealed! (GameSpot.com)

post-26953-0-05918300-1423977186_thumb.jpg

Ubisoft's Holiday Sales figures play an important part in both the future of the company and it's games. This holiday, by the end of December, the total sales for Assassin's Creed Unity and Rogue were at 10 million sold units. In comparison, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag garnered the same numbers within the same amount of time, while Rogue and Unity needed to be combined to reach their predecessor. Far Cry 4 reached about 7 million units, and Watch_Dogs was around 10 million. To compare, the prequel Far Cry 3 is at about 9 million units now, and it released nearly 3 years ago. Just Dance's installment this year launched to around 4 million units and Ubisoft's racing title The Crew was only a measly two million. 2015 will hold a set of sales for games like Assassin's Creed Victory, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Rainbow Six: Siege. 

Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Confirmed! (GameInformer.com)

post-26953-0-87131400-1423977203_thumb.png

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and love, I'm talking about a game series that is universally loved, Mass Effect. Mass Effect 3 was the last installment and also introduced a new mode with mixed reception, a multiplayer mode. It has been confirmed that the mode will appear in the next game releasing in the next few years, as details were shared by Bioware for open job positions. They tweeted an opening for a producer for the game, and looking further confirms that one goal of this producer is to create multiplayer experiences. This is among other responsibilities, but this does confirm suspicion that they will be taking hints from Dragon Age: Inqusition, one of Bioware's most successful titles, and including multiplayer. 

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC Announced! (IGN.com)

post-26953-0-99515700-1423977269_thumb.png

Last year, the Binding of Isaac, a psychotic journey following the horrors of an abused boy's basement as religious figures fight him, got a reboot for PS4 and PC, called Rebirth, with the confirmation that more content was on the way. It will be released in the middle of 2015 and will include a wealth of new content. It will include a wealth of new bosses, a new main protagonist, and a new alternate chapter finale. If you're a fan of collectibles and challenges, the new DLC will include 100 new items and 10 new challenges. It has been confirmed that this will extend gameplay time up to 200 hours more than vanilla gameplay. Afterbirth will include a new mode and will come with an update for hard mode, but other details were not revealed.

In Other News: Battlefield Hardline Beta Reaches 9 Million Players! (343i.org)

post-26953-0-87570300-1423977283.jpg

My fellow news compatriot, Unease P34nut, did some awesome news recently about the Battlefield Hardline beta! For those of you unaware, the game had a public beta that released last week which allowed early access to the Cops and Robbers gameplay of Hardline. The beta apparently reached over 9 million players, which is more than many betas reach, including the Halo 5: Guardians beta which only reached about 1 million in comparison. For more on this, click the link above, and let him know I sent you there! Love you P34nut!

Staff Highlights: Total War Rome II Staff Let's Play! (343i.org)

post-26953-0-35177900-1423977293.jpg

I must admit, as much of a fan as I am of Civilization V, I don't know much about the RTS industry, especially not Total War Rome II. However, you may get a kick out of the fact that our Events Manager Sikslik and our Site Mod RSR are doing a humourous Let's Play of Rome II. They have a thread going on that will give you more details! 

ur all mah bae

<3

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

Kind of surprised that Rogue and Unity combined equaled the sales of Black Flag. I think Black Flag was the better game but I thought fans would automatically think to by the next installments after having a good experience with the one they just played. 

Also I like the Staff Highlights part.

The reason for those Ac sales number are.....

1 Unity is on current gen, Rogue on last gen. :)

So last gen players will not get Unity. And current gen player will not get Rogue.

Most people picked one or the other.

2 No boats in Unity, Nuff said!

Also, I am looking forward to Me4 mp, lets just hope Me, isn't the disaster that DAI is.

Glad to see I wasn't the only lonely one on Valentine's Day :D

And that is A LOT of people for the Battlefield beta holy crap!

I'm curious to see how many copies it's going to sell when it comes out!

Nice wrap-up bruh!