•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Halo6 Follower : (21 August 2019 - 07:46 PM) I think that worked, none in the last 10 hours
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 August 2019 - 09:34 AM) Lol
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 August 2019 - 09:25 AM) Crap crap crap
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 11:36 PM) Welcome to the forums, Williamfueft! :welcome: View Williamfueft's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 05:28 PM) Welcome to the forums, latamdateyic! :welcome: View latamdateyic's Profile
@  Maestro : (20 August 2019 - 04:11 PM) 343iBot needs to denounce her fellow spambots
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 03:59 PM) Welcome to the forums, ukrainegirlshlc! :welcome: View ukrainegirlshlc's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 03:45 PM) Welcome to the forums, ObrabotkaOtKleschey! :welcome: View ObrabotkaOtKleschey's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 August 2019 - 09:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, CecilBusty! :welcome: View CecilBusty's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 03:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, GeorgeSug! :welcome: View GeorgeSug's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 11:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianerE! :welcome: View BrianerE's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 August 2019 - 05:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, pavingLadia! :welcome: View pavingLadia's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 03:40 PM) Welcome to the forums, modsfsgame! :welcome: View modsfsgame's Profile
@  Maestro : (18 August 2019 - 12:23 PM) report them and move on
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 09:00 AM) Welcome to the forums, Znakomstvo! :welcome: View Znakomstvo's Profile
@  343iBot : (18 August 2019 - 08:23 AM) Welcome to the forums, jwxfJeome! :welcome: View jwxfJeome's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 August 2019 - 05:59 AM) :'(
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) It be like that doe ;-;
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:53 AM) Them scallywags, always coming up on our forums like that.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (18 August 2019 - 05:52 AM) @Halo6 Follower *REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Photo

Forward Unto Dawn VS Halo: Nightfall

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Forward Unto Dawn VS Halo: Nightfall (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which film was better?

1. Forward Unto Dawn? (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Halo: Nightfall (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Onsokumaru

Onsokumaru

Forum Ninja

• Event Management
  • 211 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationProbably at a Convention
      7       3      

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

Forward Unto Dawn VS Halo: Nightfall

With Halo: Nightfall completed and soon to release on Blu-Ray/DVD what are your thoughts between Halo: Nightfall and Forward Unto Dawn. Both films being two different stories, which did you like better? Which was a better cast? And of course which had a better storyline? Halo: Nightfall did really well getting us all ready for Halo 5 by introducing Agent Locke and giving us an idea of his actions. Nightfall also had amazing filming locations and special effects and they had an amazing cast! Forward Unto Dawn was also a great film as it focused around Lasky, and also the Master Chief himself! One thing Forward Unto Dawn had that made the film great was the costumes and props! The film had amazing costumes for the Spartans and Marines! And the iconic appearance of the the Warthog! At the end of the film if you take a closer look you can notice that the armor that the two Spartans armor were also featured in the Halo: Reach Live-Action Trailer "Deliver Hope", the only difference is that they are repainted and new features were added to the armor. Halo: Nightfall had amazing makeup details and displayed new props, for example the amazing details shown on the DMR and the visors on their helmets. Both films do feature a number of covenant units including the Energy Sword wielding Elites. Both films have their own good and bad moments but which movie stood out to you the most? Which film did you like better?

Leave your opinion below!  

Edited by Onsokumaru, 31 January 2015 - 12:28 AM.

Posted Image

"It was like a nightmare
And it’s pain for me
Because nobody wants to die too fast
Remember the day of grief
Now it's strange for me
I could see your face
I could hear your voice"

#2 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 726 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

In my personal opinion i will always prefer FuD over Nightfall. 

I felt that FuD was just better overall. Be it acting, set dressing, you name it. 

FuD felt more emotional, i could better relate to the characters. Whereas Nightfall felt a tad bit rushed.

In the end, I prefer FuD over Nightfall any day.

300px-FUD_-_Beamish_portrait.png

^Also this. 

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#3 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

It's a tough call for me.

FuD seemed to be more emotional, and Nightfall seemed more philosophical / questioning of morality.

I'd have to pick Nightfall since it feels more mature, and serious, and it does have it's moments.

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#4 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Picked Nightfall.

Although both are really good. Forward unto Dawn didn't have much effect on me whereas Nightfall really had its moments along the way. Especially where Aiken shows his ball and carries the bomb into the sunset.

Both tied in with their respective game and although Halo 5 isn't out yet I feel as Locke ties in a little more than Lasky.

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#5 Connor Kenway

Connor Kenway

The Lost

• Dedicated Members
  • 792 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Lt Galle
  • LocationNew Zealand
   6          5         

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm gonna go with Nightfall as I feel it'll be a more suitable tie in than FuD was, like P34nut said Locke will have more in H5 than Lasky did in H4 

Posted Image

#6 Caulifla

Caulifla

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 411 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bekinator
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

I'm going with the nightfall, Looks good to play it. xD

I'm still Berriesboo/Maggie. (Incase if you didn't know i changed my name. :)

bfc26ba2b073d8a39611b63470d707ae3bd703c8

#7 Silent Orbis

Silent Orbis

Venom Snake

• Dedicated Members
  • 527 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Dezert Fuze
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

All I can say is Nightfall was cheesy in the first episode when that Sangheili alien was doing that shady trade for the weird device. I mean... he was wearing a sweater. lol What alien wears sweaters? xD

gallery_29121_513_2552.png

#8 Come on Carolina

Come on Carolina

Jackal

• Members
  • 5 posts
Liked

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I prefer FUD because it had a great character arc. We saw Lasky become the character he was in the game, we had reference, we had background. With Nightfall, Locke pretty much stays the same character throughout the whole thing. A good character, mind, but he did not change much.

#9 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,560 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

All I can say is Nightfall was cheesy in the first episode when that Sangheili alien was doing that shady trade for the weird device. I mean... he was wearing a sweater. lol What alien wears sweaters? xD

They're Aliens. They're clothing does not conform to Human standards 500 years from now.

I'm making a game: https://twitter.com/joe_winfree

#10 RAI Callion

RAI Callion

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 74 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:RAI Callion

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I haven't watched Nightfall yet, I'll try to over the weekend. But for right now I choose FuD for now, my answer may change after I watch Nightfall.

Leader of Rogue AI (RAI)
Gamertag: RAI Callion
Motto for clan: "Nothing will stand in our way!"
Current clan status: Recruiting

#11 Voltorb

Voltorb

Jackal

• Banned
  • 5 posts
Liked

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:13 PM

Forward unto dawn was allot more explosive and introduced the young captain in halo 4 to master chief.

#12 Th3 LiE

Th3 LiE

Jackal

• Members
  • 5 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:Th3 LiE

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Ya I would go with Halo: Forward Unto Dawn just seeing the chief kick butt is better than seeing odsts and soldiers run from hunter worms.

#13 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Beamish <3

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#14 RAI Callion

RAI Callion

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 74 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:RAI Callion

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, FuD was better, but we got to see some Hunter Worms get involved instead of just a Hunter. I think FuD should have had more Hunters in it to make it better. My answer hasn't changed though, granted they were ODST's, they were also ONI ODST's not UNSC ODST's..

Leader of Rogue AI (RAI)
Gamertag: RAI Callion
Motto for clan: "Nothing will stand in our way!"
Current clan status: Recruiting

#15 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I liked Halo Nightfall, learned more about Agent Locke. ^_^

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

#16 Glitch100

Glitch100

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 118 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Glitch100

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Just going to echo most of the people here. I preferred FuD also. However I did like the second story Idea in Nightfall. If it was better overall they would have been the icing.

#17 Wirednutt69

Wirednutt69

Jackal

• Members
  • 14 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:WiredNutt69

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Forward unto dawn was way better.
Nightfall was a waste of money and time.
Zero Locke development in the film.
It was like, here he is, and that's it folks.
How are we supposed to WANT to play as Locke in the upcoming game?
He's a wimp compared to the chief, yet 343 is trying to compare them as equals having Locke "hunt" the chief.
PLEASE!

Back to the topic, nightfall had too many mistakes in it.
A major one is the temperature on the halo chunk.
They said 130° at night, 900°+ in the day.
The guy with the nuke at the end would have bust into flames, and fried to ashes in seconds when the sun came up.
And during the the rest of the movie, at night, barley anyone is sweating or drinking any water, or even noticing the 130° temp.
Whoever wrote the film needs to give his/her money back that they were paid for the job. It was a joke.
I had hopes since it was done by Ridley Scott. Sorry Mr Scott, MAJOR fail.

#18 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

Forward unto dawn was way better.
Nightfall was a waste of money and time.
Zero Locke development in the film.
It was like, here he is, and that's it folks.
How are we supposed to WANT to play as Locke in the upcoming game?
He's a wimp compared to the chief, yet 343 is trying to compare them as equals having Locke "hunt" the chief.
PLEASE!

Back to the topic, nightfall had too many mistakes in it.
A major one is the temperature on the halo chunk.
They said 130° at night, 900°+ in the day.
The guy with the nuke at the end would have bust into flames, and fried to ashes in seconds when the sun came up.
And during the the rest of the movie, at night, barley anyone is sweating or drinking any water, or even noticing the 130° temp.
Whoever wrote the film needs to give his/her money back that they were paid for the job. It was a joke.
I had hopes since it was done by Ridley Scott. Sorry Mr Scott, MAJOR fail.

It isn't an instant change from cold-hot or vice versa. When the sun rises in the morning, does it go from being -2 to 20 instantly? No. It doesn't. It's a gradual process, which would have taken minutes; the heat wouldn't set him on fire, anyway. The liquid water in his body would begin to boil, and the ground would begin to bake, burning his feet. He would be unconscious in a few minutes, dead a few minutes later. Regardless, he literally looked at the star for a few seconds then detonated a thermonuclear weapon. 

This is the equivalent of saying stepping into space causes you to explode. Total exaggeration.

Spoiler

What we should be more worried about is the shocking amount of inconsitencies regarding the 'element' from Nightfall;

Called element 120 in one Second Story, a compound in another, a pathogen in yet another source and then somehow the UNSC can scan an entire galaxy for one element. An element that would be highly unstable and quickly (IE in a few seconds) decay into smaller atoms, such as Uranium or Lead. There's a reason elements 111+ have not been confirmed; because we can only create them by smashing atoms together in facilities like CERN before they decay almost instantly. The Autumn would not have high temperatures sufficient to fuse elements to get to 120; a star can only reach temperatures hot enough to fuse up to Iron, when it is going Supernova (IE greatest heat and pressure that you can get outside of a quasar or black hole) and it still can't fuse two irons together to make something new. So the thing is just a complete cluster**** of 'we don't know our science' going on.

GG Mr. Scott. GG. Now go make Alien 5 good.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users