I just read over it. It seems like it'll work. It seems like a more traditional game, but while Protown gets a lot of roles, the Mafia get the ability to purchase and use special items. Seems fair. The code green/code blue thing also adds a twist but I see nothing wrong with it.

That being said I don't have a keen eye for balancing issues until after there's been a problem. So someone who does, help this guy out, eh?

12 and 15.

I can not run Mafia 11 as I had planned. I am so busy at the moment and likely wont have time for it when it comes time.

Axilus summed it up for me, we want to give players a role. A role that requires more than just voting. This time, there are less civilians that can only vote, although they play a very important role in who wins by taking up a majority of the votes. There are less players all together as well.

Is everybody willing to move forward a spot on the list? because 15.0 (AC) is basically good to go other than the visual aspects so if someone isn't quite ready le me know <3

Looks like we're 12th.

All right, the final form of 11.0 is basically here, just waiting for Destruct to give me the role icons sheet. But his role icons are amazing, so the wait's quite reasonable.

---

TQ3BxDa.png

Rules:

1. You are not to bribe anyone into revealing their role.

2. You are not allowed to commit suicide.

3. You can't intentionally aid the enemy team. Be loyal to your own.

4. Neutral roles don't have win or lose conditions. They can aid either side, or do something else entirely. They do as they like, and it's up to them what their goal is.

5. You may lie.

6. Your role will be revealed after you have died.

7. No double-lynching. There will be a second phase of voting, then we will resort to RNG if necessary.

8. You can reveal, or lie about your role.

9. Do not request a role, all roles will be determined through RNG.

10. You may PM anyone in the game to receive useful information and co-operate with them.

11. You can insert any evidence into the thread.

12. Due to the fact that everyone has a role, you may NOT invite ANYONE into your role PM.

13. Ghosts cannot use their role powers, but they can vote. Their votes are counted as half a vote.

Roles:

Arbiter's forces(10x):

Spec-Ops Commander - Can learn the identity of any player once per round.

Engineer - Can protect any player once per round. The protected player is revealed if they are targeted. If the player is targeted by more than one person, however (for example, Jackal Sniper and Jul 'Mdama's forces) they die anyway.

Oracle - When killed, the identity of the one who killed them is revealed.

Elite Zealot - Can kill any player once per round, but this power can be used only twice.

Maintenance Grunt - Can reverse the Ranger's sabotage...if they guess who was sabotaged correctly. This power can be used only twice, whether successful or not.

Elite Honor Guard - When a player is voted to be lynched, the Honor Guard may take their place and die instead.

Spec-Ops Elite - Can fully restore the power of any player who has a limited number of uses for their power, but only once.

Elite Ultra - Has two lives.

Elite Councilor - Councilor's vote always counts as two votes, but the second vote is hidden from the public.

Stealth Elite - Can reset vote count for all suspects to zero at any time before vote lock, but only once.

Neutral(4x):

Jackal Sniper - Can shoot anyone once every 3 rounds. So Round 3, Round 6, Round 9, and so on.

Honor Guard Councilor - Can appoint anyone to be on the suspect list, but can use this power only twice.

Honor Guard Ultra - Can release anyone from the suspect list BEFORE vote lock, but can use this power only twice.

The One - ???

Jul 'Mdama's forces(5x):

Storm Zealot - When he dies, his killer will also die. If he was lynched, he may choose ONE person who voted for him to die. In addition, he may cast a secret vote at any lynch an unlimited number of times.

Storm Grunt - Can cast a secret vote, but can use this power only twice.

Elite Warrior - Can kill two people at once, but can use this power only once.

Hunter - Has three lives. The loss of one life reveals his identity.

Elite Ranger - Can disable the role powers of any player for one round. This power may be used only twice. The player who has been disabled will have neither their name nor role publicly revealed. All that will be said is that someone was disabled.

Sign-Up List:

Role Status:

Edited by Axilus Prime
  • Like 2

I'd be interested in helping run 16.0 SD.

This has been apparent for the last two games I've hosted, and I acknowledge it. I'm usually the "main host" while the other host usually chimes in every once in a while. Not really enough to merit the use of a second host imo. I thought I needed second hosts for large games, such as 8.0, and 10.0, but I've discovered that I actually didn't need to. Bnus, even though he's really helpful, hasn't been around much to co-host, and I've been able to carry the game this far without him (no offense Bnus). Yang, in 8.0, was more active, but I still took care of most of the work.

BUT... I plan to do a Classic Mafia game for 15.0 that is bare-bones simple, and most likely won't require too much work (since Mafia has been getting a little complicated lately). So I don't think I'll need a co-host. I'll let you know if I end up needing one though.

After 15.0 maybe we can co-host, since I plan to do another experimental game.

In regards to the next few games, and their multitude of roles... make things too complicated, and it'll hurt your game. Try to make it more simple, and easy to understand. Proofread, and get rid of unneeded words, or "dead-weight" in the game descriptions.

I would like to be signed up for Mafia. Anybody feel free to pm me, or respond to my post through the thread. Thanks.

There are sign up pages for each game. You sign up there, not here. If you don't make it on the list then you'll need to wait until next game to play (in this case until 11.0).

All right, the final form of 11.0 is basically here, just waiting for Destruct to give me the role icons sheet. But his role icons are amazing, so the wait's quite reasonable.

---

TQ3BxDa.png

Rules:

2. You are not allowed to commit suicide.

4. Neutral roles don't have win or lose conditions. They can aid either side, or do something else entirely. They do as they like, and it's up to them what their goal is.

5. You may lie.

7. No double-lynching. There will be a second phase of voting, then we will resort to RNG if necessary.

10. You may PM anyone in the game to receive useful information and co-operate with them.

12. Due to the fact that everyone has a role, you may NOT invite ANYONE into your role PM.

13. Ghosts cannot use their role powers, but they can vote. Their votes are counted as half a vote.

Roles:

Arbiter's forces(10x):

Spec-Ops Commander - Can learn the identity of any player once per round.

Engineer - Can protect any player once per round. The protected player is revealed if they are targeted. If the player is targeted by more than one person, however (for example, Jackal Sniper and Jul 'Mdama's forces) they die anyway.

Oracle - When killed, the identity of the one who killed them is revealed.

Elite Zealot - Can kill any player once per round, but this power can be used only twice.

Maintenance Grunt - Can reverse the Ranger's sabotage...if they guess who was sabotaged correctly. This power can be used only twice, whether successful or not.

Elite Honor Guard - When a player is voted to be lynched, the Honor Guard may take their place and die instead.

Spec-Ops Elite - Can fully restore the power of any player who has a limited number of uses for their power, but only once.

Elite Ultra - Has two lives.

Elite Councilor - Councilor's vote always counts as two votes, but the second vote is hidden from the public.

Stealth Elite - Can reset vote count for all suspects to zero at any time before vote lock, but only once.

Neutral(4x):

Jackal Sniper - Can shoot anyone once every 3 rounds. So Round 3, Round 6, Round 9, and so on.

Honor Guard Councilor - Can appoint anyone to be on the suspect list, but can use this power only twice.

Honor Guard Ultra - Can release anyone from the suspect list BEFORE vote lock, but can use this power only twice.

The One - ???

Jul 'Mdama's forces(5x):

Storm Zealot - When he dies, his killer will also die. If he was lynched, he may choose ONE person who voted for him to die. In addition, he may cast a secret vote at any lynch an unlimited number of times.

Storm Grunt - Can cast a secret vote, but can use this power only twice.

Elite Warrior - Can kill two people at once, but can use this power only once and is revealed upon doing it.

Hunter - Has two lives. The loss of one life reveals his identity.

Elite Ranger - Can disable the role powers of any player for one round. This power may be used only twice. The player who has been disabled will have neither their name nor role publicly revealed. All that will be said is that someone was disabled.

Sign-Up List:

Role Status:

Does only 'The One' know what their role does? Looks great overall looking forward to playing it. By the way, Jul 'Mdama's foces are underpowered, and no, I didn't just look at the numbers. The Oracle and Elite Zealot really overpower the Arbiter's forces to a point where 'Mdama's group may as well be roast Covenant.

Here is what I have so far guys!

MAFIA 14.0

(Speech, which I will type later.)

Previous Mafia games

Mafia I - 'New New New Phoenix': JL Mafia 1.0: JL Mafia 2.0: JL Mafia 3.0: Sikslik7

Mafia Returns: Axilus Prime Mafia 5.0: Dexter Grif Mafia 6.0: Yang Xiao Long Mafia

7.0: Age Of Conflict: Bnus, TheSilverCenturion The Ultimate Mafia,

8.0: Self Destruct, Yang Xiao Long Mafia

9.0: Banter Edition: UNSC Spartan II, Ruby Rose

Night of the Living Mafia 10.0 Self Destruct, Bnus

11.0: Axilus Prime, Frankenzer

12.0: UNSC Spartan II, Kid Flash

13.0: Ledgend1221, Caboose the Ace

Rules:

2. You can commit suicide, but doing so involves postponing the game for 24 hours.

4. Neutral roles can’t win, but they can help out either side.

5. You may lie.

7. There may be double lynching, but there has to be a vote.

10. You may PM anyone in the game to receive useful information and co-operate with them.

13. Ghosts can vote, but they only count as half aka .5

15. No join in progress.

Roles/Factions:

Pro-Town

Detective 1x - Can investigate 1 person every round, and has two lives.

(once he/she loses a life, they can not be attempted to kill by Mafia for 2 rounds)

Medic 1x: Can protect any one person every round.

The Oracle 1x: All knowing, and all mighty! Can find out who ONE of the Mafians are ONCE.

Mafia x7

Henchmen x5: Can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

Juggernaut x1: has 3 lives.

Don x1: Can cast 4 secret votes throughout the game.

Neutral

The Grimm Reaper: Can kill or bring back one person once every 3 rounds.

Police: Can put or take out anybody from the suspect list 4 times throughout the game.

Psychic: Is like the Detective, but can only use their power twice.

Citizens 25x

What do you guys think?

My editing was crapy, and the library is almost closing...and I have to go.

My editing was crapy, and the library is almost closing...and I have to go. Ill do it later.

^

No, just no. :(

I really don't like this idea at all.

For starters mafia only gets around twenty to twenty two or three sign ups, near forty is impossible.

Detective 1x - Can investigate 1 person every round, and has two lives.

( So far so good, a interesting yet familiar spin on the role )

(once he/she loses a life, they can not be attempted to kill by Mafia for 2 rounds)

Medic 1x: Can protect any one person every round.

(  Nothing interesting here )

The Oracle 1x: All knowing, and all mighty! Can find out who ONE of the Mafians are ONCE.

( Wait, so he/she gets to know a mafian is instantly, seems really op )

Mafia x7

Henchmen x5: Can vote who to kill, and who to do the deed.

Juggernaut x1: has 3 lives. ( 2 lives is enough, because lets face it once a Juggernaut is found out they are going to die next time on the list, it defeats the purpose of mafia by giving this mafian 3 lives )

Don x1: Can cast 4 secret votes throughout the game.

( Okay, seems like a mixed bag )

Neutral

The Grimm Reaper: Can kill or bring back one person once every 3 rounds. ( Cool idea )

Police: Can put or take out anybody from the suspect list 4 times throughout the game. ( Seems op but then again, a mixed bag )

Psychic: Is like the Detective, but can only use their power twice. ( Interesting new role, good idea )

Citizens 25x ( ..... Wut?! )

You expect six mafians ( Minus one because of the Oracle )

To take down 28 Pro town?!

No, just no, this game of mafian needs to be overhauled, or scrapped.

Because it will not work at all, in its current form.

Some of the roles need to be nerfed. Less player count to about 20ish, among other things.

Does only 'The One' know what their role does? Looks great overall looking forward to playing it. By the way, Jul 'Mdama's foces are underpowered, and no, I didn't just look at the numbers. The Oracle and Elite Zealot really overpower the Arbiter's forces to a point where 'Mdama's group may as well be roast Covenant.

Yeah, only The One knows what their role does. It's nothing major, but if anyone knows about it it's nothing at all.

Well, I could make it so that the Warrior isn't revealed after making his double kill. Would that balance it out?

Edited by Axilus Prime

Yeah, only The One knows what their role does. It's nothing major, but if anyone knows about it it's nothing at all.

Well, I could make it so that the Warrior isn't revealed after making his double kill. Would that balance it out?

It certainly helps, but I'm not sure if that's enough all together. Not only do Arbiter's forces outnumber Jul's, they also all have roles which will definitely screw them over. They'd have no chance if the neutrals also went against them.

It certainly helps, but I'm not sure if that's enough all together. Not only do Arbiter's forces outnumber Jul's, they also all have roles which will definitely screw them over. They'd have no chance if the neutrals also went against them.

Good point, though remember that Protown's smaller this game. Only 10 of them. I made it so the Warrior is not revealed upon making his double kill and also gave the Hunter three lives. Any other suggestions?

^

I think the Hunter should only have two lives. :)

Because lets face it once he is lynched, he is going to be dead next time he appears on the list.

But if he has 3 lives he can go forth a THIRD time, thus shielding his allies from being lynched, and increasing the number of successful lynches Protown must perform.

The Mafia need a boost this game to compensate for all 10 Protown having roles, so that's why he has 3 lives. I might even make it 4 if the Mafia still aren't strong enough.

Axilus, the three lives and the remaining undetected should help balance things out well. Three lives seems a little too repetitive and boring after the rounds go by, but it still keeps things far more balanced than before. The remaining undetected factor for the other role also works very well.

Looking forward to 11.0. :)

Axilus, the three lives and the remaining undetected should help balance things out well. Three lives seems a little too repetitive and boring after the rounds go by, but it still keeps things far more balanced than before. The remaining undetected factor for the other role also works very well.

Looking forward to 11.0. :)

Oh if you think three lives is repetitive, wait until you see what's happening in 10.0.

But it's good you're satisfied with the balancing. Now all we need is the role status icons.