What do all of you want for Halo 5 Guardians & the halo universe?

levithian

I want more vehicles. More seating. Weapon customization & add ons. More space wars. Mass environments where I got to take the flag to other worlds & the other team has to follow me through slip space drives. Hell maybe its not a flag, perhaps a covenant bomb or forerunner artifact. I want dual wielding, i wanna see my own A.I. open doors for me in massive environments.  I wanna explore the galaxy in my pelican or star-ship. I wanna have special op modes for covenant, forerunner, & humans that enrich multi-player & campaign story experiences.  Campaign missions that have different  endings depending on the actions of your online teammates.  C-4, chemical bombs, all old weapons & multi- class weapons, a freaking katana, throwing knifes, energy throwing knives,  Operate scarabs.  Added campaign missions where I might discover new races in deep space. Please tell me what you all think? This is Levithian over and out.

• Like 2

I want to hold two god damn weapons, why this wasn't in halo 4 baffles me. And I want the original rocket launcher. Not some generic looking garbage out of an average army game. Why 343 would remove a classic legendary weapon with some different looking one is insane. I get that they want to try new things and innovate but this is not the way to do it. Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken. Add some good stuff and remove the bad. Actually make a halo game that can actually be considered on par with halos 1-3, Im not just here to complain about 343's lack of imagination of the fact that they are ruining a game that we love but they are turning halo into some call of duty bull****. This isn't a generic shooter where you run, choose classes and rush out into the battlefield, wheres the skill where is the strategic map layouts that determine the outcome of the game. Don't copy and paste maps that look the same on both ends. add a god damn waterfall or something that makes the map unique and memorable. The halo 5 story line looks very interesting and going in the right direction, and for gods sake STOP MAKING ALL THE ARMOR LOOK STUPID. EVERY SPARTAN ARMOR LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. 343 points no thought into the armor half the time, please improve. And your sound tracks could sound a lot more badass in the campaign and in the main menu. I want to feel like im actually there, I want to hear guitar riffs or some ancient legendary battle music, something that pulls the player in and says yes i am the hero and i will save humanity. i am praying 343 makes a good game and i am wrong i hope i am. And I hope they don't make this game into some ****ty generic first person shooter. It's a halo game, it's not call of duty.  Not saying cod is bad, just that there's a huge difference in game titles. 343 has to stop trying to compete with modern shooters and just focus on the halo universe. Because at the end of the day halo is gonna be the mascot of xbox, it always will be but if they turn halo into some average generic shooter then why would i come back. halo needs to stand out and be different thats what drew people in the gameplay and story telling. 

I want to hold two god damn weapons, why this wasn't in halo 4 baffles me. And I want the original rocket launcher. Not some generic looking garbage out of an average army game. Why 343 would remove a classic legendary weapon with some different looking one is insane. I get that they want to try new things and innovate but this is not the way to do it. Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken. Add some good stuff and remove the bad. Actually make a halo game that can actually be considered on par with halos 1-3, Im not just here to complain about 343's lack of imagination of the fact that they are ruining a game that we love but they are turning halo into some call of duty bull****. This isn't a generic shooter where you run, choose classes and rush out into the battlefield, wheres the skill where is the strategic map layouts that determine the outcome of the game. Don't copy and paste maps that look the same on both ends. add a god damn waterfall or something that makes the map unique and memorable. The halo 5 story line looks very interesting and going in the right direction, and for gods sake STOP MAKING ALL THE ARMOR LOOK STUPID. EVERY SPARTAN ARMOR LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. 343 points no thought into the armor half the time, please improve. And your sound tracks could sound a lot more badass in the campaign and in the main menu. I want to feel like im actually there, I want to hear guitar riffs or some ancient legendary battle music, something that pulls the player in and says yes i am the hero and i will save humanity. i am praying 343 makes a good game and i am wrong i hope i am. And I hope they don't make this game into some ****ty generic first person shooter. It's a halo game, it's not call of duty.  Not saying cod is bad, just that there's a huge difference in game titles. 343 has to stop trying to compete with modern shooters and just focus on the halo universe. Because at the end of the day halo is gonna be the mascot of xbox, it always will be but if they turn halo into some average generic shooter then why would i come back. halo needs to stand out and be different thats what drew people in the gameplay and story telling. 

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but the most popular maps in Halo's history, are symmetrical maps.  It allows for a more even flow game wise,and doesn't give one team an advantage over another geographically.

Dual weilding is iffy.  Halo 3 didn't have 100% dual weilding the same we had it Halo 2.  Halo 2 is the ONLY game to allow dual weilding of any weildable weapon.  The needler was NOT dual weildable in halo 3, and in Halo 3, each weapon was given a handicap if dual weilded, to decrease the damage dealt by each shot.

I can't argue my opinion against the armor.  I do not like the updated armor or Spartan look of 4 or the beta either.  But to say it's becoming like CoD...no.  I would say it's becoming slowly what Quake was...which is an Arena shooter, one the first true ones.  If they took out the abilities and ADS it would be on par with what Quake did, but still wouldn't be 100%.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 5 should add the following:

1. A longer, MUCH LONGER, campaign. 

2. Continue the exploration with different mechs, vehicles and jet packing. 

3. Space Battles (Halo Reach did this) with large environments instead of a railed path. 

4. The game should be more "Vertical".

5. Don't make the game cross platform (360 and Xbone), focus on the antique Xbone alone.  

• Like 1

I want more vehicles. More seating. Weapon customization & add ons. More space wars. Mass environments where I got to take the flag to other worlds & the other team has to follow me through slip space drives. Hell maybe its not a flag, perhaps a covenant bomb or forerunner artifact. I want dual wielding, i wanna see my own A.I. open doors for me in massive environments.  I wanna explore the galaxy in my pelican or star-ship. I wanna have special op modes for covenant, forerunner, & humans that enrich multi-player & campaign story experiences.  Campaign missions that have different  endings depending on the actions of your online teammates.  C-4, chemical bombs, all old weapons & multi- class weapons, a freaking katana, throwing knifes, energy throwing knives,  Operate scarabs.  Added campaign missions where I might discover new races in deep space. Please tell me what you all think? This is Levithian over and out.

Not very Halo-ish. I would not like this in Halo 5: Guardians, but maybe a Reach-type spin-off. This would be perfect for a spin-off game actually. So yeah.

Well there is one thing I want to never see in the Halo universe again.

Karen travis write a Halo book. :)

Why? the five kilo trilogy, the trilogy had. Tons of lazy continuity errors. :Examples The book claims plasma is physical object.....

It also completely disregards the events of Halo 3 odst.

Well there is one thing I want to never see in the Halo universe again.

Karen travis write a Halo book. :)

Why? the five kilo trilogy, the trilogy had. Tons of lazy continuity errors. :Examples The book claims plasma is physical object.....

It also completely disregards the events of Halo 3 odst.

Sure it wasn't seamless, but she made a nice backstory that tied into Halo 4. Considering Bungie basically disregarded the Fall of Reach when they made Reach. Also I love the Naomi character and story. I think she should do more novels.

It would be wonderful to never see the Flood again, but I doubt that will happen.

I am hoping they expand upon the Forerunner/Human war and perhaps even find a group of Forerunners out there who have survived either on the fringe of the far side of the galaxy or out in dark space. Those survivors end up joining up with humanity. I think that would be cool.

As far as multiplayer I really don't care for it so it is a giant whatever from me.

• Classic Rocket Launcher design

Duel Wielding 

Elites in MP

Juggernaut in MP

The flood

Plasma Rifle

Elephants and Shadows

Mammoths and Scarabs

Locusts

Spectres, Prowlers, and Choppers

Sandtrap

Removal of perks, ordinances, and other elements

Despite not having a loadout now, there is an option to choose skins for weapons, such as the Battle Rifle having one custom skin that makes it look like the classic Battle Rifle

^

^
^

Bungie didn't disregard the book as much as people say. :)

I did a lot of research into most books and most of Halo reach fits in decently with the Fall of Reach.

There are a few annoyances such as the Spartan laser being around or the Pillar of Autumn landing on Reach and the time inconsistences.

^

^

^

Bungie didn't disregard the book as much as people say. :)

I did a lot of research into most books and most of Halo reach fits in decently with the Fall of Reach.

There are a few annoyances such as the Spartan laser being around or the Pillar of Autumn landing on Reach and the time inconsistences.

Well, there was supposed to be a massive space battle that was at the beginning of Reach, but that never happened.

They never mention the station that Chief and blue team were on.

They didn't mention Red team, the majority of the Spartan II's, that were on the ground protecting the Super Mac generators.

If the game was actually close to the book, than it would have had a much better campaign.

Well, there was supposed to be a massive space battle that was at the beginning of Reach, but that never happened.

That fleet that comes out of Slipspace after Noble six and Jorge took down the Carrier was that invasion fleet. The Carrier and Corvette were an advanced force.

The Space battle you are talking about then started.

They never mention the station that Chief and blue team were on.

When The Pillar of Autumn landed on Reach to pick up the fragment of Cortana Chief was already inside ( after completing the mission in the station )

They didn't mention Red team, the majority of the Spartan II's, that were on the ground protecting the Super Mac generators.

The rest of the Spartans were defend mac generators, why would the mention them for?

If the game was actually close to the book, than it would have had a much better campaign.

Untrue and unproven.

Point is the only problem is once again the time.

The fall of Reach happen in hours ( book wise )

The Fall of Reach happened within 48 hours ( game wise )

And honestly game wise makes more sense too me.

In the book it took mere hours for Reach to be taken and glassed. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

There was no advanced force in the book. And they never showed any battle, They made it look like the UNSC didn't have any space defenses.

They don't mention that chief is even on the Pillar of Autumn, and the ship was never docked on Reach when the invasion started.

Red team should have been mentioned, considering they were the only reason Reach groundside didn't fall instantly. (Spartan II's, no III's)

And it had been based off the book, yes it would have been a better campaign.

They already established good characters in the book, they didn't need to make all these new characters that aren't interesting.

And Reach falling in hours makes more sense then it falling in 2 days. The fleet that the Covenant had was significantly bigger than any seen before, and the way the UNSC fought them was in a back and forth shootout using repair platforms to take 3 hits. Considering how quickly the UNSC were losing ships, that battle would last a few hours, also at the same time Reach's under siege from thousands of Covenant dropships.

Plus, everyone hated Kat ^_^

There was no advanced force in the book. And they never showed any battle, They made it look like the UNSC didn't have any space defences.

Halo reach took place on the planet Reach. While the Space battles were taking place, Noble team was on the ground.

They don't mention that chief is even on the Pillar of Autumn, and the ship was never docked on Reach when the invasion started.

The ship docked as the planet was being overwhelmed. Chief was already aboard.

Red team should have been mentioned, considering they were the only reason Reach groundside didn't fall instantly. (Spartan II's, no III's)

Where would they even fit in?

:)
And it had been based off the book, yes it would have been a better campaign.

They already established good characters in the book, they didn't need to make all these new characters that aren't interesting.

Spartan IIs are flat characters, that is part of their character. Point is, what would the game be about? All the Spartans did was defend Mac generators.

And Reach falling in hours makes more sense then it falling in 2 days. The fleet that the Covenant had was significantly bigger than any seen before, and the way the UNSC fought them was in a back and forth shootout using repair platforms to take 3 hits. Considering how quickly the UNSC were losing ships, that battle would last a few hours, also at the same time Reach's under siege from thousands of Covenant dropships.

Maybe it was a day and early hours of the morning?

Btw the Unsc still has a massive defence force on Reach, it would have taken some time for the planet to be almost completely overwhelmed.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

• 2 weeks later...

I would like Halo 5 to feel like you have been abandoned and you almost no hope to getting back to human life.  I feel like that would make it very emotional.

The reason I say almost is obviously because he's being searched for so chances are he's gonna get found haha.

• 1 month later...

ONI to be disbanded

Palmer to stop being a thing

Jul's Covenant to overpower the UNSC and start taking steps to unite every species

A new Covenant to arise, with every species, for when the Flood inevitably returns in force

I want the halo 5 have some type of out side game source like halo 4 did with a movie and 3 books, that helped with the story line, and I bel that the "Sprit of fire" will be involved some how.

Halo 4 had more than that-

Kilo 5 Trilogy

Forerunner Trilogy

Forward Unto Dawn

Terminals

Halo 5:

Nightfall

new Blood

Broken Circle

Saint's Testimony

Shadow of Intent

Last Light

Hunters In the Dark

Spielberg TV series

• 4 weeks later...

1. Longer Campaign

2. Less MM specific achievements

3. A lot more Armor variants( Double What H4 had possibly )

4. Weapon variants ie different weapon skins (It's the small things that matter lol)

5. Some weapon specific Assassinations

6. Better Forerunner weapons.

7. If Cortana doesn't return then I'd like for MC or even Locke to have an AI with them. Their dialogue back an forth is nice during missions.

• 2 weeks later...

i want spartan locke to shoot master chief, then it happens to be a hologram and chief is behind of him and assassinates him

What would that accomplish? The wasting of a very good character that has had a lot of buildup (Halo Nightfall, Blur cinematics, HunttheSignal) in an incredibly pointless and honestly undermining and stupid way.

Flood... Ok, with that out of the way:

UNSC flying vehicles returning, hornet or falcon, perhaps something new.

Character interactions between Blue Team to feel like they gel well.

No QTE for a boss fight or endgame. Have a vehicle run, boss fight, or anything else.

Missions to have more epicness and scale design wise. Look for Halo 3 and some Halo 2 missions for examples. Like The Covenant, The Ark, Metropolis etc. The only reason I say this is because Halo 4 felt WAY too closed in most of the time. Probably because of Hardware limitations but still.

More Campaign missions in general, 8 is not enough really. And if Flood do return, either have a level to set them up or a level about them. EX. 343 Guilty Spark from Halo CE or Floodgate from Halo 3, NOT shaped after CORTANA.

The Precursors to actually have more of a role in the games. They are a bigger part of the Universe than people think, and the Flood can have a new side to study with the Precursor's presence.

A multiplayer with more longevity. Hopefully the SR ranking up is longer than Halo 4's. The True skill should help this.

Have Arbiter be more like Halo 2 Arbiter and not the Halo 3 version character wise... and plz don't kill him. :(

Bring them Scarabs back bahby.

More variety in Armor and Armor combinations. Less helmet More visor.

Bring back Multi-team. That's a just for me, personally. I miss it alot, and Halo hasn't seen it in a while. :(

343 to continue what they're doing with the Lore, which has so far been excellent.

That one mission where everything fights each other and you get to sit back and watch, alla High Charity for an example.

That's all I have for now. There's more, just can't think of it.