Ranking System

Murphanationn

NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

I am more than furious with this new ranking system. I really hope everyone else can try and reach out to 343 about this issue.
Here is my problem:
They need to be based on personal performance and not team performance. I Started at gold 2 and now am back at bronze 2 and I can assure you its not my playing.
I have logged on this morning and have played 4 games now. In which I have gotten over 20 kills myself and still losing horribly. The main reason is there are people playing with me whom get 3 kills but 17 deaths, yes I know everyone has they're bad games and that's ok we are all human here. The problem with it is that it is an ongoing process.
I have been playing halo since the very first one.. point being im not a newbie at the franchise and people like me should not be paired with these people getting 4 kills and 20 deaths. I love the idea of the ranking system don't get me wrong but not the way it works at the moment. If they want a rank that depicts on teams then they need to build a clan based playlist with a separate ranking then the one you get when you want or have to play by yourself.
Im having a great experience with this game overall, This is my biggest concern and it needs to be addressed over all others in my opinion or Microsoft is going to make a lot of money off of broken xbox accessories.

• Like 1

Halo is a team game. You can't blame your teammates for your losses. If the ranking system was based on personal stats only, it would encourage you to abandon teamwork and focus only on getting as many kills for yourself as you can while avoiding death, not thinking for a second about your teammates.

You've got to work with them well enough that you start winning matches more. You've got just as much chance to be matched with sucky enemies as you do to be matched with sucky teammates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^

Help them?

Most people don't play MM with friends all the time, mostly with randoms. :)

I can see the benefit of individual scoring for some game types and team based scoring for others.

So players can still do well in certain game types, even if their Team sucks.

Team ranking imo is just plain stupid because if you lose a game then you go down a rank and you get paired with people who suck more and more making it almost impossible to rank up unless you have friends (which means you make your friends buy the MCC so you don't lose which= $ for MS)

so while a Solo ranking system would be more effective to level up it doesn't get your friends to buy the MCC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Win/Loss importance is what classic competitive Halo is all about and that is the direction Halo 5 is headed because of the lack of success with Halo Reach and Halo 4's COMPETITIVE ranking system, or lack thereof. I agree that it's frustrating when you do well, but your team loses and you rank goes down. Keep in mind that it was the beta however so a good majority of the people are just getting used to the game and when the competitive ranks are instituted in the final release you will be playing with players at your level. And they are also implementing casual experience service records too. So thin of the competitive ranking system as a sports tournament. No matter how good of a game LeBron James has in the finals, if his team doesn't win, he loses too. 

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue with the ranking system from the beta that I have is with the inital rank after the first 10 games.

In slayer I won 9 out of 10 games and got ranked gold 2.  In the campfest gametype I won 9 out of 10 games again and got ranked silver 2...

I had friends play slayer and win 6 out of 10 and get onyx 2, another friend played and won 7 out of 10 and got semi-pro?

When we looked at the stats, I had better stats and win ratio vs. each of them individually, how does that make any sense?

Me winning 9/10 averaging 20kills, 7 assists, and 10 deaths = Gold 2 vs. winning 6/10 averaging 15 kills, 5, assists, 10 deaths = Onyx 2 or winning 7/10 averaging 17 kills, 3 assists, 11 deaths = Semi-Pro?

Can someone please explain the logistics behind the initial rank after just 10 games?