Forge, Maps, and the Beta in Halo 5...

I_Make_Big_Boom

dCz8Igj.jpg

Today, it was confirmed that Crossfire, and Trench from the Halo 5 Beta are INDEED Forge created maps on the same palette (Forge World like maps like Awash, or Impact). Crossfire is pictured above... YEAH THAT'S A FORGE MAP!!! Though I already had my suspicions.

Which brings me to my next points on Forge, and Maps in general. Josh Holmes, in an interview with IGN's Ryan McCaffrey, states:

• Improvements to usability in Forge have been made as well as providing multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups for Forgers to utilize.
  • He indicates that there are no more plans to make more "classic" map remakes like Truth, which could mean they already have, but just stopped.
  • Map Remixes, like Regret, and Eden, are variants of the original map that have changed geometry, flow, weapon layout, and time of day.
  • On the topic of feedback Josh responded with, “We’re excited to be releasing this beta almost a year before the release of the game. While this is the earliest that we've done a beta and things are in a less polished state than they would be if we were releasing closer to launch, it’s important to us to get the game into the hands of fans while we still have the time to react to feedback. The input that we receive from the community will feed into our remaining development and help us to achieve our goal of making Halo 5: Guardians the best multiplayer shooter on consoles when we launch in 2015.”
  • He continued, "We’ll be carefully considering all sorts of feedback including weapon tuning, balance for the new Spartan abilities, weapon placement on maps, audio mix, and much more. We encourage all participants in the beta to go to halowaypoint.com and sign up for our community feedback program. In addition we’ll also be paying close attention to the various community forums and social media and we appreciate people taking the time to share their impressions.”
  • Lastly, Holmes confirmed that there will not be another Multiplayer Beta, and stated that 343i will discuss the remainder of the multiplayer suite later this year, including larger, more vehicle-focused experiences.

On a side note, the Halo 5 Beta will soon be receiving a vote between being able to play on one of the two new Forge created maps (both are in the same palette): Pegasus, or Orion. The respective videos for each map are below:

Orion

Pegasus

There will be a poll for which map you want to play on this week's Halo Bulletin on the Halo Channel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts?

Sources: Halo4Nation, IGN

http://me.ign.com/en/halo-5-xbox-one/99870/feature/halo-5-pegasus-and-orion-maps-revealed

http://halo4nation.com/halo-5-2/halo-5-guardians-pegasus-orion-forged-map-gameplays/

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 3