Halo 2 Anniversary: Spring 2015 2v2 Tournament

RedStarRocket91

This is the rules and sign-up thread for our inaugural H2A tournament, which will take place through March-April of this year. Please familiarise yourselves with the rules below before signing up: if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them here and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Structure

This tournament will take the form of a series of 2v2 games, to be played on the winning maps of our December Forge Contest using a series of official tournament gametypes. Presently, we expect there will be six maps (five contest winners and one purpose-built map produced by our own Forge staff) and four gametypes: however, this is subject to change.

All maps and gametypes will be made available for download when the Forge Winners are announced on January 31st: this means that all teams will have four weeks to download and familiarise themselves with both the maps and gametypes. Check the RedStarRocket91 fileshare after this date to download them.

Beginning on Sunday March 1st and on every Sunday thereafter, the maps and gametypes for each tournament round will be published: participants will then have until 11:59pm EST on Saturday the following week to play their matches and submit the results to that week's thread. It is your responsibility to organise your own matches. Please see the Rules section below for details on what to do if matches are missed.

Matches will follow a three-game structure, composed of a specific map/gametype combination. The first game will always be Slayer, the second Objective, and the third will alternate between the two each week. These combinations will be published in each week's thread.

The tournament will follow a single-elimination format, with winners advancing to the next stage. If the number of teams is incompatible with this format, teams will be seeded at random, and non-seeded teams will be asked to play a series of placement matches in order to secure a place. Alternatively, team composed of moderation and non-moderation staff members will voluntarily withdraw, in that order, to help secure as many places as possible for member teams.

All participating teams will receive a site Award, and the winning and second-placed team will receive unique Awards: the final round's matches will also be featured on our forum YouTube channel.

Rules

All participants must be registered members of 343industries.org: if you'd like to take part and aren't already a member, registration is fast and completely free.

All matches must be played using the official 343industries.org Tournament gametypes, on the approved maps: use of altered maps or gametypes will be considered cheating, and may lead to disqualification.

All players must use the standard Mark VI Spartan character model: players using other variants or Elite models will be disqualified.

It is up to individual teams to organise the specific dates/times of their matches: matches may be played at any time during their allotted week, provided results are submitted by the relevant deadline. In extreme cases, extensions of this time period may be granted upon consultation with myself.

We would strongly recommend organising matches via the 343industries.org PM system, as in the case of one team failing to respond or failing to turn up for their game at the agreed time, this provides tournament organisational staff a way of confirming that one team made reasonable effort to participate in that week's match.

In cases where it is impossible to determine that at least one team made a reasonable effort to organise and attend a match, both teams will be disqualified and a previously-eliminated team will be offered, at random, a chance to return to the tournament in their stead.

If you wish to dispute a match's result (for example, due to excessive lag or suspicions of cheating), please upload the Theatre recording of the match to your fileshare and notify me immediately via the PM system. We cannot investigate matches with no video record.

Sign-Up

Please submit your team sign-up in the following format:

Team Name

Player 1 Member Name/GamerTag

Player 2 Member Name/GamerTag

SIgn-up is open immediately, and will close on January 31st at 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will be considered on a case-by-case basis by tournament staff, and may not be accepted.

Good luck, Spartan!

• Like 8

I'll have to find a partner, but I'll attempt to join up.

So far it's only us two going solo. We could either team up now or if you want to check on a later date for some other people then that's cool. It doesn't bother me either way because we already have our winners *cough* GSD and TSC *cough cough*

@Total Mayh3m ok but only if you pay me in unmarked boxes of bacon.

:gsd:

That can potentially be arranged. :3 lol

I don't know if I can actually do this though as my work schedule and school starting cuts my hours of free time down significantly. 

Team Name: The Skunts.

Member 1: rrhuntingtion/EVOL SPARTAN II

Member 2: army of scouts/EVOL SCOUT ARMY

He exists on here. He has a lack of a computer so he can't do anything on here. http://www.343industries.org/forum/user/82964-army-of-scouts/