Halo 2 Game Crash Bug

Hi,

I've found a bug which appears to crash the Master Chief Collection every time.

Playing Halo 2 on split screen co-op, normal difficulty with no skulls on the Regret level. Right at the end when your in the temple and you have to knock the prophet regret off his hovering thorn the game freezes, you can hear the sound constantly repeating and after about 5-10 seconds the game crashes to the dashboard.

This appears to happen every time you have boarded his throne and have knocked him off of it, we have tried this three times and the game has crashed at exactly the same point every time. 

Could someone look in to this?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Wierd, I haven't heard anything like this from players.

Try clearing the cache of your xbox by holding the on/off button on the console for 8 seconds. Your Xbox turns off completely that way. Just reboot it after that and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit - I did think this forum was official, however can anyone replicate this?

Sorry this is not the official 343i forum, that's Halowaypoint.

It does look pretty official doesn't it :P

Wierd, I haven't heard anything like this from players.

Try clearing the cache of your xbox by holding the on/off button on the console for 8 seconds. Your Xbox turns off completely that way. Just reboot it after that and see if that fixes the issue.

Sorry this is not the official 343i forum, that's Halowaypoint.

It does look pretty official doesn't it :P

Thanks for the suggestion, no luck unfortunately!

My console is set to turn off and not use the low power stand by mode, so in theory it gets a re-boot every time its turned off / on.

Try doing it that way anyway for the cache clear, might still work. ;)

Worst case scenario is that you might have to solo that part/level. Report it to the Waypoint forums anyway so they might look into it somewhat further.

• 2 weeks later...

Co-op Campaign is still having tons of issues, the best thing you could do is submit a bug report and wait for them to patch it later..

You may just have to go through it solo and have your co op partner rejoin you after.

Co-op is going to have issues and there really isnt anything that could really be done to fix it to make it 100%. Co-Op requires that host and and client "sync" through scripts, a feature left out of Halo 2's scripting engine. Which is why we were never able to get it working through nods or PC with 100% working capacity.

Co-op is going to have issues and there really isnt anything that could really be done to fix it to make it 100%. Co-Op requires that host and and client "sync" through scripts, a feature left out of Halo 2's scripting engine. Which is why we were never able to get it working through nods or PC with 100% working capacity.

Wait, you mean Halo 2's scripting engine from the start was incompatible with online co-op and can't be made to fully work with it?

Correct.  Syncing through scripts does not work.  When we had attempted to make Co-Op playable across LAN via XBL or XBConnect on the Xbox G1 itself, it required making the campaign maps run on multiplayer.  When the second person would join, they would spawn ina  black screen, or they would get stuck and the bsp levels would not load going to another area.  The only option was to commit suicide, so you would spawn next to the 1st player.

Same issues happened with the PC version, and other issues as well.  Some AI don't respond or dpawn, some machines won't open for 2nd player, and none of the cinematics will play.