Halo: The Master Chief Collection FIXED?!

I'm new on the Forum so don't yell at me. I want to report a bug, not sure where to report it so am doing it here.

Playing Halo 2 in the Masterchief Collection; since today's update when restarting from a Checkpoint I get sound but no graphics, just a black screen. I'm on the Arbiter level and restarting from the first checkpoint.

Can someone respond please? 

thanks, Andrew

I'm new on the Forum so don't yell at me. I want to report a bug, not sure where to report it so am doing it here.

Playing Halo 2 in the Masterchief Collection; since today's update when restarting from a Checkpoint I get sound but no graphics, just a black screen. I'm on the Arbiter level and restarting from the first checkpoint.

Can someone respond please? 

thanks, Andrew

First off welcome to the forum! We're not 343i we're a community fan site but stay here, we're much better than Waypoint (343i's official forum)! I'm having the exact same issue and yeah it's very annoying. I'm afraid the only solution to this problem is to restart the whole mission. It isn't ideal, but what choice do we have?

• Like 2

Halo: The Master Chief Collection FIXED?!

Is it finally fixed now?!

Well the answer is both yes and no...

Yes in that matchmaking works properly now. No more exessive waiting times and working consecutive matches.

But no as in there are still a few kinks here and there. But luckely these will be fixed in the near future.

Wrong. For many people matchmaking is still super slow and players are still put into P2P matches. Games still have unfair teams and consecutive matches doesn't exist - it just kicks you into the multiplayer menu rather than keeping you in MM.

Kill me or release me, 343, but do not waste my time with faulty patches.

Somehow I knew your post would be like that the second I saw you were the last person who posted here, Cerulean.

From what I've read, it works best when all players being matched have downloaded the update. And if it still doesn't work, the issue is your Xbox, and you can fix it by uninstalling then reinstalling the game.

So this update does work, unless you're being matched with people who haven't downloaded it, or your Xbox is being screwy. And it fixes the main problem. Now all the other problems have to follow.

Wrong. For many people matchmaking is still super slow and players are still put into P2P matches. Games still have unfair teams and consecutive matches doesn't exist - it just kicks you into the multiplayer menu rather than keeping you in MM.

Kill me or release me, 343, but do not waste my time with faulty patches.

And this is where you are wrong.

Matchmaking takes less than a minute to find a game unless players leave. If it takes longer than that you might need to take a look at your own connection.

Unfair teams, as I stated, are still an issue but will be adressed in the next update this week.

And consecutive macthes don't exist? Tell that to me and my party last night! Worked just fine for me.

Your time is all but wasted.

• Like 1

Matchmaking takes less than a minute to find a game unless players leave. If it takes longer than that you might need to take a look at your own connection.

Well, ignoring all the port forwarding I've done for the Xbone itself, which is on a Wired connection unlike my PC, this is what data tests show.

3962036504.png

I doubt it's my connection.

And consecutive macthes don't exist? Tell that to me and my party last night! Worked just fine for me.

For you. This patch broke consecutive matches for me; it worked to an extent before; now it just kicks me.

Your time is all but wasted.

For what? Pointing out the fact that issues persist?

So this update does work, unless you're being matched with people who haven't downloaded it, or your Xbox is being screwy.

'This update does work.'

'Unless it doesn't because of ......'

lol

Still having a few glitches some achievments I have earned are still not unlocking after 2 days of earning it like halo 4 explore the floor on shutdown.

Many achievment I have earned but don't pop up ever even after hard resetting. Other people are still having this issue on many forums.

Also in halo 4 the individual scores apear for killing an enemy but not the total score I have earned after a recent halo MCC update

Lastly the par scoring should be changed so you still earn points after you no longer get a time bonus. Some people don't like speed running it's not fair to us to be at 12-20k and not get any more pints for killing an enemy.

Still having a few glitches some achievments I have earned are still not unlocking after 2 days of earning it like halo 4 explore the floor on shutdown.

Many achievment I have earned but don't pop up ever even after hard resetting. Other people are still having this issue on many forums.

Also in halo 4 the individual scores apear for killing an enemy but not the total score I have earned after a recent halo MCC update

Lastly the par scoring should be changed so you still earn points after you no longer get a time bonus. Some people don't like speed running it's not fair to us to be at 12-20k and not get any more pints for killing an enemy.

Sorry to hear that. The update has fixed people being able to properly get into matches, but other issues still remain. This is probably one of them. They should patch it too though.

Yeah as I said many times,Halo MCC needs more time to get fixed all existing issues.

I mean,dear God,it's 5 games on one disc.Wish I had a chance to own Xbox One & MCC.But anyways I'm satisfied by havin' Xbox 360 E Slim console after so many years of sadness and agony.Still can't believe I've watched Halo franchise on youtube :laughing: :blushing:

Btw,hello Strawberry :D

We'll from what I can tell there has been much improvement and I'm sure it took a lot of work but one dilemma we as in players are experiencing a lot of players quiting the game to rank up which seems like this needs to be addressed. -cn

Also if matchmaking itself is getting fixed why am I still the same level after winning 7 games in a row and there's these d bags who have level 47 because they cheat, if the game wasn't ready for live then hmm how bout release halo a month afterwards and have a another month to fix some bugs and squash them. I'm tired of winning but actually getting nothing in return.

We'll from what I can tell there has been much improvement and I'm sure it took a lot of work but one dilemma we as in players are experiencing a lot of players quiting the game to rank up which seems like this needs to be addressed. -cn

Also if matchmaking itself is getting fixed why am I still the same level after winning 7 games in a row and there's these d bags who have level 47 because they cheat, if the game wasn't ready for live then hmm how bout release halo a month afterwards and have a another month to fix some bugs and squash them. I'm tired of winning but actually getting nothing in return.

Hey man I know what you mean with delaying the release of the MCC but they couldn't as they wanted to pump out the MCC as close to the Halo 2 10 year anniversary as possible, if it weren't for that factor they probably would have done much more testing on it before launch.

Hey there man, we aren't 343 Industries. Only a fan Forum. 

I recommend trying Waypoint.  

I know, I can read. But there's no way to truly get in contact with these guys, I'll give waypoint a try. There's only so many updates you can to before you get tired of an issue that shouldn't exist not being corrected

Yesterday was the first day that I was able to find games quickly. I was playing the Halo 3 playlist, and it never allowed us to stay in the lobby after, it would kick everyone back to the select a playlist option. That sort of sucked, but it wasn't a big deal. I was still able to find matches in under 120 seconds, so in my book, that's a huge improvement! 

• Like 1