Ranger Intel

Halo Nightfall has introduced to us a new race, the Yonhet. These guys have apparently been associated with the Covenant before the Human-Covenant War, so they must have been here for a while. They had no role in the Covenant military and had a small population. They were free to trade with the Covenant Empire. They had wanted to trade with Humans too, but the war had prevented this. Coming tot he end of 2552, they had began limited operations on some Human worlds, including the Human outer colony Sedra. They are relic hunters, and smugglers. They do not have much interest in Covenant religion, but are interested in Forerunner relics. The Sangheili see them as more trusted business partners than the Kig-Yar (Jackles). Their homeworld is Yonhe.

1959261_574399079360185_6580370656451511

The Yonhet seen above is called Axl, he is the one we see in Halo: Nightfall. For those of you who have already seen the two episodes released so far, you would know that he smuggled an anti-human bioweapon that looked like a bomb of some sort. He handed this to an Elite Zealot who dropped from a Spirit in the forests of Sedra. Axl was eventually captured and interrogated.

I'm curious to know whether they will be seen in Halo 5 or not. They are now more commonly know by Humans. One reason we may not see them is because they do not fight for the Covenant, they are not in its military as mentioned above. What do you think about the Yonhet? Do you think we'll be seeing more of them? 

• Like 2

They look nothing like the Aliens we'd expect from the Halo series and more like something from Star Wars or Star Trek. That said, the Covenant Fringe provides a lot of new meaty information that I'd be happy to sink some of my teeth into for Halo 5: Guardians; doing legitimate stealth missions as Locke in campaign missions where you can ignore entire fights provided you are good enough at sneaky-sneaky while investigating the Covenant Fringe comes to mind as something I would love to do.

Axl is one weirdo though. We see him repeating to himself that the great journey is real like a mantra; yet at the same time Yonhet do not believe in the Prophet's religious faith in Forerunner ascendancy.

He seems to be under some kind of influence. The moment he begins to doubt the prophets he descends into some kind of madness and emerges believing again after. Quite strange indeed.

I'd love more species in the games themselves. This can serve as a party than can either be ally, neutral or hostile towards Humans and Covenant alike.

I'd love more species in Halo as well. Every Halo game has seen the addition of a new enemy, but like Skirmishers and Flood transformers, they just seemed like upgrades to things we've seen already. I'd eventually like to see a Fresh new Covenant we've never seen in the games before make an appearance in future titles. A real new Covenant enemy hasn't been added since Halo 2 (Excluding Skrimisher)

Cool to see more Aliens out there besides the standard regular knowns though, even if Yohnets don't appear in the games.