How did forerunners survive the halo array? Why do rings still exist?

Mango88

1. How did the ISO didact survive the halo array? (Born stellar)

2. How did the librarian survive on earth?

3.How did the Ark where all the indexed humans and species survive the halo array?

4. How did the 7 remaining rings survive the array?(currently 6) And why do the remaining rings have flood locked on them as the array was supposed to kill the flood and all sentient life, as seen in halo 1 &2am (Who knows if more rings have flood)

5. How did 343 spark, born stellars friend who was made an AI survive halo array?

6. Did some forerunners use shield worlds to exist the halo array?

7. Why did the forerunners make the index to work with human hand?

Thank you kindly if you do answer. I will mark as solved.

3.How did the Ark where all the indexed humans and species survive the halo array?

4. How did the 7 remaining rings survive the array?(currently 6) And why do the remaining rings have flood locked on them as the array was supposed to kill the flood and all sentient life, as seen in halo 1 &2am (Who knows if more rings have flood) The flood were kept there for study, damn Bonehead Forerunners.

5. How did 343 spark, born stellars friend who was made an AI survive halo array?

Thank you kindly if you do answer. I will mark as solved.

I probably don't know the answer to some of your questions, but I'll try to answer some.

1. From what I know, he may have been on the Greater ark, and that's the reason he survived. If that's not the reason, someone help me out here.

2. She didn't, she died on Earth. The Librarian seen in Halo 4 is an imprint of her left on Requiem to assist John-117, so it wasn't really her in the flesh.

3. It is outside of every Halo's effective radius. It wouldn't reach far enough to effect any life there.

4. Okay, Rings only destroy sentient life. Pretty much anything is on the table to die by the Halo's blast, besides flood. Like Cortana Stated "It kills their food." Which is humans, and pretty much anything else sentient. Rings cannot destroy other rings too.

5. He was an A.I. He still has the mind of Chakas, (except he's pretty freaking insane at this point) but other than that he's just an A.I. Metal. Technology. He cannot be killed by the Halo array.

6. Who knows? The only one we know that survived by Shield world is the UR-Didact. Other than that, no reports. (at least to my knowledge, again someone help me if I am wrong)

7. I don't know the official reason, but reasons I've heard include: A.) Forerunner's and Humans have the same genetic makeup and B.) They are the Reclaimers, so it is purposed to work for them.

Hopefully I got it all mostly right.

• Like 2

Some of the questions by hunt up above weren't exactly specific enough so here are some more cleaned up answers for all questions.

He fired it at the Ark; which acts as both a shield world as well as being outside the blast radius.

She does not. She is dead. The Librarian in Requiem is an AI; basically an AI of the real Librarian as Cortana is a brain-scanned AI of Dr. Halsey

Forerunner things aren't destroyed by the Halo's. Flood food; aka biological lifeforms of sufficient mass - that is what the Halo's target.

4. How did the 7 remaining rings survive the array?(currently 6) And why do the remaining rings have flood locked on them as the array was supposed to kill the flood and all sentient life, as seen in halo 1 &2am (Who knows if more rings have flood)

They survived the array because they ARE the array. When you fire a gun, the gun doesn't get decimated. And they have flood locked on them because the arrays also functioned as science labs among other things, studying the flood to find a cure, their weaknesses etc.

A Halo firing doesn't destroy Monitors, since they can't be food for the flood.

Question doesn't make sense :/

If you meant 'exit' the halo array, well, that's not exactly the term - which is quite simply 'shielded'. The truth is, apart from the Didact, we don't really know if any other Forerunners apart from perhaps those all the way over at Path Kethona survived the firing of the array. 

Forerunners designated (To be honest, this isn't exactly 100% true and the actual explanation spans a LOT, LOT more and contains many out-of-game spoilers) Humans as the race who would take up the mantle of responsibility; they are the reclaimers. The Forerunners created everything to try and safeguard the galaxy; when they knew they were basically all gonna die out due to the flood they picked humans to be the species that would build up in their wake and 'reclaim' the forerunner artifacts.

Essentially, when the forerunners realised they were about to all get killed they decided to give all their toys to the humans.

This is in part due to Humans having been the only other species to have been able to rival the Forerunners technologically within the ancient universe, as well as the Forerunner's religion revolving around a species called 'Precursors' who eventually unveiled to key members of the Forerunner political ecumene that Humans were actually the true, original inheritors of the mantle of responsibility and that's why the 'Flood' backed off from fighting the Humans.

Edited by Azaxx
Fixed your spoiler tag.
  • Like 1

they picked humans to be the species that would build up in their wake and 'reclaim' the forerunner artifacts.[

No the Precursors are the ones who said the Humans would one day be the true inheritors of the Mantle. Some Forerunners at the time resented this and attacked their own creators. However others like the Librarian knew better and did what they could to prepare Humanity to uptake the Mantle(after she found out about this whole fiasco of course)