Post Your Halo: MCC Matchmaking Issues Here

OP, PLEASE ADD THAT THIS WEBSITE AND THE MEMBERS/STAFF HERE AREN'T 343 INDUSTRIES' EMPLOYEES.

So many nubs raging at us like we are 343.

Everyone please read the links OP provided and take note that a new update was released earlier today that was supposed to fix most of the issues with MCC.

OP, PLEASE ADD THAT THIS WEBSITE AND THE MEMBERS/STAFF HERE AREN'T 343 INDUSTRIES' EMPLOYEES.

So many nubs raging at us like we are 343.

Everyone please read the links OP provided and take note that a new update was released earlier today that was supposed to fix most of the issues with MCC.

and it didn't.

Sooooooooo

now what, senpai?

I just spent over 7 hours forging a map, got everything set, all I had left to do was weapon locations and respawn points. I then saved the game and the matchmaking update installed. When I got back on, the map I created was completely gone. Beyond livid at this point. 343i what the hell. Matchmaking failing for over a week is one thing, but erasing the map that took me forever to make is messed up. I'm done with this game until things are fixed, if not completely done.

I stated this in other threads but it says it can't find data when i boot the game up and I can try again (says it still can't find it) or play offline. I literally can't play Halo at all online...this is beyond frustrating for me and is just flat out embarrassing for 343. I wish i didn't buy digital because after 2 weeks the game is still broken and i can't return it...

*Tuesday 11/18*So I started a matchmaking game as a level 5, won the game and returned to the lobby as a level 1..

*Thirsday 11/20* I got my rank back up to a 5, won 2 games on the 5, returned to a lobby as a level 1...in other words my rank has been reset twice. Since the "update" I have not played in a balanced game. EVERY SINGLE ONE started 4v5. My friend and I search together in a party and we have not been on the same team yet. I want the full $62.34 back..(yes, the sales tax too)

Yeah, your game is still broken. The update barely did anything. I'll admit that the search times are somewhat shorter than they were before, but they're still longer than they need to be.

I still have a hard time joining my friends, and when we do get together, it still likes to split us up so we can't play together. We also continue to get seperated when we try and back out together after a game too.

In addition, the game still likes to crash randomly, and sometimes I get stuck at the "post game" screen and can't back out, forcing me to quit the game and reboot.

343, I'm desperately trying to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but that's getting harder to do. I've never been the biggest Halo fan ever, but I enjoyed the games enough that I wanted to give this collection a try. So far, I'm not impressed. Please fix your game.

Havent been in a matchmaking game in weeks, halo CE was the first console game i ever played and now after playing every single halo game i dont even think i will buy halo 5 im just too worried this will happen again. There are way too many companies working on this game because obviously the issues arent being properly communicated between each developer. I have played 2 games of multiplayer in 2 weeks, thats just bs. i was so excited for this game and now the game i was anticipating is sitting in a box waiting for me to decide if i should even bother giving you guys more time to fix the issues. I still cant find people online it just makes me wait for 30 minutes and then i decide to do homework or something. I would play campaign but there a crap ton of issues with the scoring and other things not to mention issues with forge and custom games; you cant even create a custom game for halo 3 nor can you place custom game traits in forge that part of the menu is completely missing i mean how do you screw up like that. Its sad guys it really is but i digress. if someone reached out to me to even let me know you have plans to fix these problems and could even ellaborate a little on your proactive steps then i wuld be more than happy to wait but for all i know this game will never get fixed and i just wasted my time and money.

Before the update I could average one game per day. Now with this update it appears that it cannot connect at all, and fails every time.

Please help I have been a Halo fan since the beginning. And this is the first time I have ever been disappointed with the game.

????

Just made this account to say this is bad. With the update you have told me players are found and connecting to session but nothing ever happens. I found games at the start but now it's been an hour since my last game. I think it's lying to me when it says players found. If your servers can't connect people then why bother telling me you found people. Fix the problem of connecting people FIRST before you add more things! Dont add wood to a fire you're trying to put out! Make h2 the way h2 was with bungie. Why is it 5 v 5 that's just dumb. Make it 4v4! That might solve some of your uneven teams You make!!! I work on thanksgiving and if this isn't fix I don't see why you would take the day off either!!! Love the game, thanks for bringing h2 back. Just please fix it

I'm a huge Halo fan as well as a software developer. I can't believe how disappointed I am with the Master Chief Collection's multi-player. It's BROKEN. The update did opposite of fix the problem, it's actually worse for me. I used to be able to get a game within 15 minutes (NOT IDEAL) but now I can't get one at all. On top of that, the game has crashed on me 3 times since the update was installed. How on Earth did this game get certified by Microsoft??? Is the certification process that much of a joke? Any idiot that sits down to play the multi-player game for five minutes could tell it was broken. As a developer I'm insulted that Microsoft and 343 would allow the game to be sold in such a state. It practically wrecked any credibility 343 had for developing Halo games. All anyone will talk about will be how broken this game is! And it kills me to say it because I thought Halo 4 was great and was very much looking forward to this game and Halo 5. You've shaken my confidence and probably annihilated many others' as well. I'm speaking for everyone I know when I say... I don't think I'll play this game for a month or so and hopefully it will be fixed by then!

• Like 1

I created an account just to post on here. When I first got the game, matchmaking was extremely hard to find a game and the teams were often uneven. I got kicked out of a couple games but mostly it was just hard to find a match. After the first update my rank got reset and I could no longer find a game in any playlist except the anniversary playlist. Now, 24 hours after the second update (~1.5GB) that was suppose to fix matchmaking, I can't get a game at all in any playlist. Every time my Xbox finds a game and tries to connect i get a message saying it failed to connect to host, or it will just sit at searching for players/connecting session but I haven't been able to get a single game at all.

I have been playing through the campaign and haven't had any issues so far (except getting signed out just before finally beating metropolis on legendary because my GF sat on my lap and the Xbox thought she picked up the controller and signed in her profile, but that's a Xbox one glitch not halo).

I haven't tried forge at all.

I haven't tried playing in a party either.

I really hope these issues get fixed soon. I will always be a halo fan and continue to play the games, but I see how poorly this is affecting the overall image and hope 343 can get it figured out soon. It's been two weeks and we have already had ~25GB worth of "patching" done....that's a whole extra game worth!

Update: So I was able to start getting matches finally after doing the following.

Started a completely different game (destiny in my case). Turned off my console. Unplugged my console for about 10 seconds. Plugged console back in and started halo.

So far the matching is still pretty slow. It finds some players decently quick, but doesn't always like to start the game if it's not full. The other big issue I'm seeing is that the post game lobby does not work, or at least I can't get a game without backing out and going to the playlist again. (The post game lobby will eventually error out but takes a while).

During the games I have gotten stuck waiting to respawn and the countdown timer just freezes for 20-30 seconds. So far that's all I have noticed sense the update.

- tried to play halo ce with a friend --- ended up playing assault on the control room for 3 times because the game decided to freeze :/ 

- just like probably everyone else, finding a mp match takes forever, many times just for the match not to load or the game to freeze, etc...

- most matches are 3v5 or 2v4, almost never same sized teams even if possible to form

- i cant say a single positive thing about the party system....

- just really disappointed because i thought i bought a finished game not a pre-alpha version

- well at least there is gta to play while mcc is hopefully fixed someday :) 

Okay, so I've been playing this "game" of yours since it launched and here's my issues: Decided to play the campaigns first to relive the epic story, and when I beat HCEA and H2A on legendary, I got the 343 middle finger and didn't unlock the achievement, even though I had no skulls turned on. After I got the 343 shaft for the second campaign completion achievement, I decided to give matchmaking a try, having received an update "fixing" bugs. I gave up trying after about an hour of failing to get into 1 game successfully. I waited a few days, in complete and utter disappointment, gave it another try, and finally was able to play online about 6 days after launch. I was on uneven teams for every game, even when the total players was 8 or 6, always a 5v3 or 2v4 game, which doesn't make any logical sense. After each game, host migration failed and booted me out of every lobby, forcing me to wait another 10-15 minutes for another game. 50% of the time I would wait 15 minutes and once everything was loaded and game was getting ready to start, I would fail to connect to the host. It is not my internet, I have no problems playing online with my 18Mbps speed. I don't understand, we're in the year 2014 and the game operated 100x better in 2004. And there was an "update" yesterday, making all bugs more frequent, so now every game has at least one problems I previously stated. Why are we, the loyal halo gamers like myself being made a part of 343s trial and error unpaid intern craftsmanship of gameplay? I am hesitant about halo5 guardians now, will it have the same issues? PLEASE MAKE THE GAME BETTER, NOT WORSE WITH YOUR SOFTWARE PATCHES!

Local play is broken. can only play 2 people per console, even in custom game matches. Also, LAN abilities are broken. LAN should never require any internet to play, and all the way up to Halo 4 had the option to wifi local play. Is this going to be a future release for the game or is this just a pipe dream that the halo developers and business team are tricking customers into purchasing their "new" game release that has almost no play value for anyone who does not want to play online.

P.S. what is this crap about no custom game options for halo 3 and halo 4? again, this is a giant step down. I would rather have these features over a stupid revamp on the graphics. Gamers these days are too focused on how something looks and care nothing about gameplay.  If this is not a fix, I can promise I will fight the stores and microsoft until all 3 copies we purchased are returned as defective.

I pre ordered MCC, having played every other halo and loving them. I downloaded the game as soon as it was available, and have been trying to play online since release. I have YET to be able to connect to a SINGLE GAME. All the patch did was make the displayed message change, so I have false hope while the game fails to connect me to any matches. I'll get "searching for more players" then "players found", the ellipsis will flash a few times, then go back to "searching for players". It'll pop back and forth for awhile until I give up.

Doesn't seem to matter whether or not I let it run like this for an hour or restart the game and try again after five minutes. ONE TIME have I even gotten to "connecting session", and that time, I got a pop up that matchmaking failed after a few minutes of connecting session being displayed.

How hard is it to make a game that works? It's been done before, successfully, and now you can't even get online play to connect people to games? This is NOT what I paid for. If this isn't fixed, SOON, I'll be expecting my money back. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

extremely disappointed in this, as I see most here are. It's a sad day when you sit back and realize that Halo 2, though not without it's problems, actually worked 10 years ago on release. And that was back when XBL was in it's infancy, on hardware and technology that was a decade ago. 343i dropped the ball hard on this, and I have to say I am about ready to sell this game and forget about Halo 5. Why? Why would I get my hopes up, preorder H5 and not be able to play it for weeks post release? 

I have been in a total of 3 games all day, and 2 of them were extremely uneven. I am sitting in the lobby looking at "Players Found" currently... what is the point? 

Imagine it's like a dealer selling a car at full price and the engine doesn't work. So they order a new engine and that too is broken. 

I want my money back. 

How hard is it to make a game that works?

It can be quite complex.

It's been done before, successfully,

No, it hasn't. Nothing like this. MCC is the first of it's kind as far as I can remember.

This is NOT what I paid for

They are trying 24/7 to fix it, with updates. It's logical to say that, essentially, it's a guarantee the game will be A-OK in time.

If this isn't fixed, SOON, I'll be expecting my money back.

Pretty sure that's not going to happen.