Humans and Space!

Pbrabbit

So you may or may not be aware, but Wednesday, the human race had a bit of space history. We have placed a probe on a comet for the first time! As you know comets aren't just a planet that orbits around the sun, it's a moving object through space. It just make me think of what the future will be like one day in space, do you think it'll look similar to Halo space? Star trek space? What do you think?

So you may or may not be aware, but Wednesday, the human race had a bit of space history. We have placed a probe on a comet for the first time! As you know comets aren't just a planet that orbits around the sun, it's a moving object through space. It just make me think of what the future will be like one day in space, do you think it'll look similar to Halo space? Star trek space? What do you think?

• Like 4

I hope someday we can reach Halo period Space achievements. You know, Minus the Alien Conquerors and Insurrectionist Happenings. Humanity will even see people attempting to land on Mars and Live there in the next few years! However before we ever truly colonize any world sufficient to hold us, we need to fix a good portion our own problems on Earth first.

Space has always stunned me and thoughts of Space travel and Colonization always excite me, Too bad I probably won't live to see it.

• Like 3

I am really excited to see the results! But I must have patients.

I hope that one day the Human race finally achieves that feat. I really hope that we will get to do that one day. Slip space will eventually be created, I know that for sure.

• Like 1

Update on the humans and space thread here, The same company that put a probe on a comet will now launch a Probe in 2018, to be set on Mercury in 2024. If you think about it, Mercury is one of the least looked at planets in our solar system, due to how close it is to the sun in proximity with its orbit as well. They say the probe has to face temperatures up to 400 Degrees Celsius and down to 170 Degrees Celsius. What do you think? Do you think we can build such a probe to test the heat of our sun and it's radiation? 

All these small achievements are great for the scientific community.  They may be small steps now, and show how how much we have progressed, but it is unlikely to see anything at a 1/4 of Star Trek level for at least about 500 years or more.

Based on how chaotic and unstable the world is as a whole, as well as the financial and monetary importance we place on things, funding larger ventures will not be easy.  It's easy to say that we should do things and be able to do them, but it is quite another finding funding.

• Like 1

VERY COOL.

I'd love to play a part in our space exploration or perhaps encounters with alien races. Sometimes I fear I am not intelligent enough to be selected/hired for such a task.

I believe that human imagination is nearly parallel with predicting the future, or possible futures. So yes, a future along the lines of Halo lore can indeed be possible. Space flight, interstellar wars, super-soldiers, beauty, loss, betrayal, love, anger, deception, all emotions and events that are almost certainly in our future.

My fear is that we will not reach this future. If we destroy ourselves...with atomic/nuclear weapons, with civil strife, with not taking care of our homeworld...we may never reach such a destiny. 

Just as it's entirely possible that Humanity can attain such a high level of intellect, technology, and strength, it is indeed equally possible that we fail horribly... and fad away from the universe, as nothing but a distant memory.