Halo 5 The New Generation Of Halo

Dwingz

After seeing Halo 5 beta gameplay Ive been sooooo upset to see my beloved Franchise turn in a different direction. I've played Halo since Halo ce and after Halo 3, Halo has gone down hill. I really thought after watching all the goodness of the Halo Master Chief Collection, that 343 would notice it and make Halo, what made Halo. Now I know it was a beta and it can change but to think that 343 really thinks that all those features they put in, Makes a Halo game? Now Im no way against Halo evolving but c'mon seriously? Dashing, Ground Pound, Smart Scope, Spartan dialogue in battle. There from other games, I was hoping for something different like maybe I dunno interactive AI?. Now we also have corny things like spartans running into battle and end game Victory/Defeat poses. I always thought they would fix or improve on what they had like the awful animations (from Reach and 4), or the spartan armor (it was tweaked but still is bad). Its basically just Common Sense. So here is the thing I have notice people defend all this and Ive been thinking maybe its just the people who started playing Halo on Halo Reach but im wrong. I see people saying they've been here since also halo ce and like all these things. For the people who are okay with this Please tell me what halo game you started playing halo and give me your reasons.

Btw I couldnt think of a better title 

• Like 1

After seeing Halo 5 beta gameplay Ive been sooooo upset to see my beloved Franchise turn in a different direction. I've played Halo since Halo ce and after Halo 3, Halo has gone down hill. I really thought after watching all the goodness of the Halo Master Chief Collection, that 343 would notice it and make Halo, what made Halo. Now I know it was a beta and it can change but to think that 343 really thinks that all those features they put in, Makes a Halo game? Now Im no way against Halo evolving but c'mon seriously? Dashing, Ground Pound, Smart Scope, Spartan dialogue in battle. There from other games, I was hoping for something different like maybe I dunno interactive AI?. Now we also have corny things like spartans running into battle and end game Victory/Defeat poses. I always thought they would fix or improve on what they had like the awful animations (from Reach and 4), or the spartan armor (it was tweaked but still is bad). Its basically just Common Sense. So here is the thing I have notice people defend all this and Ive been thinking maybe its just the people who started playing Halo on Halo Reach but im wrong. I see people saying they've been here since also halo ce and like all these things. For the people who are okay with this Please tell me what halo game you started playing halo and give me your reasons.

Btw I couldnt think of a better title 

I started playing Halo on the release of Halo: Combat Evolved, and have played every Halo release with the exception of the 'apps'.

Halo: Combat Evolved - Every day after school from release until H2's release, with few exceptions

Halo 2 - Got to level 40 on my first XBL account and was banned for superbouncing (I assume, they didn't actually say)

Halo 3 - Got a 47 on Team Slayer, a 50 on Team Doubles, and a 30something on Lone Wolf on my second XBL account and got to 30 something in Team Doubles on my current xbl account. Got banned for trying to derank. .-.

Halo Reach - Got to Noble

Halo 4 - Kind of phoned it in but I got to like SR49. Primarily played custom games and campaign.

The primary reason I'm fine with the way H5 looks like it's shaping up is because Halo is a game that's never the same twice. Don't get me wrong, it's been SIMILAR twice, but overall the series is known for drastic changes from game to game.

When I played HCE using LAN for X-Box and PC, it was really fun. It had more features than most FPS games while at the same time being easy to figure out. Then H2 came out, and I played the crap out of it. Halo 2 was VERY different than HCE, it was like they were cramming as much into the game as they could. Boarding vehicles, duel wielding, and a bunch of other things that weren't in HCE just made the game better to me. Definitely different, but still excellent.

Then Halo 3 came out, and to me and a few other people Halo 3 was kind of disappointing. All they did was take out a couple of features and add equipment, it seemed like. Still fun, but not as fun as H2 for me at least. ODST and Wars came out after that, and they weren't all that bad, but they didn't really feel like full Halo releases.

Then came Halo: Reach, which was really fun to play but frustrated the crap out of me. You see, I'm a campaign/lore lover and it felt as if Bungie was phoning it in lore-wise with Reach to me. Not to mention what Reach did to my beloved Scorpion. Swat and Snipers were still awesome to me though, and I even enjoyed a bit of Invasion, Team Slayer, and Firefight.

Then Halo 4 came out, and it felt like moving from HCE to H2 all over again. Halo 4 had a ton of things that Reach didn't, and I enjoyed it. Not as much as Halo 2, perhaps, but it was still a fun way to kill time. The thing I didn't like the most about H4 though, was that they took the heaping pile of scorpion remains from Reach and somehow managed to make it even worse. >.>

I guess that to me Halo isn't so much about a specific set of controls or features, because I've only seen the game stay even close to the same two times. To be fair though, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were actually originally intended to be the same game but the whole deadline thing... yeah. I digress. To me Halo is a game that changes and evolves. Sometimes it's in a spectacular way (like from HCE to H2) and sometimes not so much (like H3 to Reach). Yet, it's always a good way to make new friends, blow off some steam, and kill some time. There's always going to be features that you don't like, and features that you do like.

• Like 2

I started playing with Halo 2, or Halo: CE on the original Xbox (eventually I got both). I never played on XBL for both of those games. It escalated to Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST. Still no XBL. Finally, Reach became the first game I played legitimately on XBL. The second Halo I played legitimately was Halo 4. I could never get into Halo 3's XBL. It was too slow for me.

Does that make me any less of a Halo fan for starting Live with Reach & 4? No, definitely not. The same is said for everyone else, and for people who started with Reach/4. Halo is not reserved for just the veterans of the series. Why do you think 343i constantly wants new people to experience the Franchise? So they can share the experience too.

You ask for Halo to evolve but bash Halo 5 for doing exactly what you wanted it to do in the first place (but you didn't know what you wanted from Halo 5 besides the game evolving). You ask for change, but cringe when it comes.

Can you tell me what makes a Halo game? I could. It's all a matter of opinion. My ideas would be just as valid as yours & everyone elses. Get 20 different Halo fans from around the world together to decide what should, and should not be in a Halo game, and I bet they'll make little, if any progress.

So in order for the game to evolve... there has to be change. And that change will always turn people away. 343i has to reach a sweet spot of not too little, but not too much change: a daunting task with such a large franchise such as Halo. I realize the fiasco that was Halo 4. It was a shame since the game was soo beautiful. I hated to see Halo 4 die. I definitely WOULD NOT want that to happen again.

I like what 343i is doing so far with Halo 5. It's strange really. Before the launch of Halo 4 I felt the same way, and I ended up loving that game. I'm hoping the same becomes true with Halo 5.

• Like 1

I started playing Halo in 2009, but with Halo:CE and 2 (one right after the other) on the original Xbox I was borrowing. I fell in love with the game just from the fun campaigns and universe surrounding the games. I then went to Halo 3 and got Xbox live. When I started playing, I knew it was going to be fun. I loved Halo 3 MP, but after a few years it's still fun, but too slow for me.

I went on to Reach, and it was great in my eyes. I played the hell out of it's MP, for over 40 days. I'm two ranks away from max rank in that game. After that, It was Halo 4 time. I loved the campaign. I was in awe from the moment it began and was very impressed. The MP was fun, (It seems Halo has that running theme) but it was too short in my opinion. That was about my biggest gripe with the game is that I just leveled up too fast.

I'm okay with what Halo 5 has to offer. This game seems like it's a true evolution of Halo MP. They brought back loved elements of the early Halo MP: such as De Scope, Weapons on map, Fair starts, what appears to be a longed for ranking system... added things from the later releases and fixed them or took them out because they didn't work: Sprint with it's penalty, Loadouts, ordinance... and wrapped it around new features that a Spartan should be able to do. They took the best of classic and new, and meshed them together into something that appears (so far) to work. I for one am a person that gets Halo mostly for it's Campaign, so I would've probably got the game no matter how the MP turned out, but that does not mean I am not critical of it. The gist I see: Bring back good stuff, get rid of bad stuff, added cool new things. It is a true Evolution, while sticking with a working formula of past (Copied or not.) 

• Like 1

I started playing with Halo 2, or Halo: CE on the original Xbox (eventually I got both). I never played on XBL for both of those games. It escalated to Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST. Still no XBL. Finally, Reach became the first game I played legitimately on XBL. The second Halo I played legitimately was Halo 4. I could never get into Halo 3's XBL. It was too slow for me.

Does that make me any less of a Halo fan for starting Live with Reach & 4? No, definitely not. The same is said for everyone else, and for people who started with Reach/4. Halo is not reserved for just the veterans of the series. Why do you think 343i constantly wants new people to experience the Franchise? So they can share the experience too.

You ask for Halo to evolve but bash Halo 5 for doing exactly what you wanted it to do in the first place (but you didn't know what you wanted from Halo 5 besides the game evolving). You ask for change, but cringe when it comes.

Can you tell me what makes a Halo game? I could. It's all a matter of opinion. My ideas would be just as valid as yours & everyone elses. Get 20 different Halo fans from around the world together to decide what should, and should not be in a Halo game, and I bet they'll make little, if any progress.

So in order for the game to evolve... there has to be change. And that change will always turn people away. 343i has to reach a sweet spot of not too little, but not too much change: a daunting task with such a large franchise such as Halo. I realize the fiasco that was Halo 4. It was a shame since the game was soo beautiful. I hated to see Halo 4 die. I definitely WOULD NOT want that to happen again.

I like what 343i is doing so far with Halo 5. It's strange really. Before the launch of Halo 4 I felt the same way, and I ended up loving that game. I'm hoping the same becomes true with Halo 5.

Iike I said I dont have anything against halo evolving. I enjoyed Sprint in Halo 4 and Im more happier it is balanced in Halo 5, I also liked all the new weapons, because they are all unique. I didnt really get to say much about the other games either. I liked Halo ODST but it was just corny, and Halo Wars you dont really count it. Halo Reach was good, change stuff for no reason. Halo 4 was kinda bad although it was 343's first game, and it was kinda bad because they went and copied everybody else and completely destroyed what made Halo unique from other games. Now in Halo 5, they are doing the same and going with the trend. A Halo game to me is about uniqueness, you see in halo 3, we had ranked and social, then in Halo reach we had firefight. What Im saying is 343 should stop and do their own thing and add back those things that made Halo different.

My idea on people starting on Halo Reach being the cause of it, is because Halo Reach was where this began, with all the abilities and bunch more. I only thought this generation wants these things but clearly like I said Im wrong.

I totally agree with you. I mean, smart scope? This isn't COD. Dashing? Ground Pound? This isn't some old karate game fight thing. Halo is unique, originally a gunfight, not punches and smashes. If they want to "evolve", they should use what is in previous Halo games and improve on them. They better change the Halo 5 Beta, because for me, this isn't Halo.

I agree, when I saw those end game poses I cringed. So corny and lame. My beloved Spartans are being transformed into immature fools on the sports field. My ideal Spartan is what Halsey achieved with the Spartan IIs. Not the mock Spartans of H4. Spartans are becoming arrogant, self-righteous, show-offy. Mainly because instead of being Spartans many are your basic buttface humans in Spartan suits. :(

I started with Combat Evolved and have followed it because of the story. I have always thought the multiplayer was pretty dull since Combat Evolved. I never understood why so many people liked Halo 2 other than nostalgia.

I mean if someone talks up about how they're into competitive arena shooters they might as well go play Quake or Unreal Tournament.

Anyways I don't care what they do with multiplayer, whatever makes more people happy is what they should do. Just put a good campaign in the game.