At first I was worried, but this cleared it up for me. So we've got a zoom function on every weapon now, the effectiveness I would assume varies from weapon to weapon. Seems fine.

Completely even starts without the slightest element of choice, despite loads of new additions. They definitely put a lot of thought into balancing. So everyone has access to every Spartan Ability, all at once, at any time. Obviously with charge times and cooldown times, but yeah. Still perfectly balanced like Halo 1-3. I wonder how the controls will work though, that's a lot of abilities.

Also looks like that issue with Sprint being a cheap escape method has been completely solved, without removing Sprint. I have to say that's a stroke of genius. Never would have thought of that, and I've never seen anyone ever suggest it.

And ordnance is gone! No more randomness, no more getting lucky with loadouts, etc. They actually managed to not keep Halo exactly the same, but still maintain balance just as it was in the first three.

I don't know how these new mechanics will affect how fun the game is to play, or how difficult it will be to learn, but one thing is certain: Halo 5 is an arena shooter.

• Like 2

Im not going to lie....

First time I saw gameplay I fell back on my chair and laughed for a good 2 minutes. It looked like Cod advanced warfare ( I was playing a game of it a few days ago ) So comparing that, to H5. It looked the exact same, but as more info popped up, I found more gameplay....

I am still sceptical but Halo 5 is not as bad as I once thought. At least 343 did some things right, like fair starts. :)

• Like 1

Do I think it looks alright? Yeah. DE scoping, Fair starts, weapons on map, no loadouts, no ordnance, nerfing sprint. That's all wonderful. They went the balanced game route, and it looks like they're eally trying to nail that in. Good on'em.

Going past that, I've come to the conclusion that the Majority of the Halo community will never accept anything that is not a Halo 2/3 clone. They get all of what they want in the MCC with H2A, and it seems as if they were expecting to see the exact same MP in Halo 5. God forbid ANYTHING NEW happens, copied from another game or not. It's funny... were so critical on CoD being the same thing every year, and yet it seems every fan of Halo cheers for the same thing to happen with their series. Fans will never be able to get past the look of ADS, even though it's really just zoom. People seem to still be stuck in an age where sprint is a bad thing. Jumping to conclusions, always seeing the bad before any of the good. Halo fans have a mind like that. I've come to the realization that the Halo community is stuck in rose colored glasses mode, and even getting what they want will never satisfy for them. Nothing 343 will ever do will ever be good enough for them. Unwilling to accept new things, unwilling to see past the surface. Until 343i makes every subsequent release a Halo 2/3 clone, they will always be trashed on. Sadly that's just the way it is.

We have over a year between this games reveal and it's release. Anything could happen... We once again find ourselves on this damn road.

• Like 3

^

^

I have changed my opinion drastically in the last few hours.... :)

I think Halo 5 looks awesome, why? Because it balances both elements of Halo2/3 and Halo reach/4 in a perfect way.

Fair starts ( H3/h2)

Sprint ( Reach/4 )

De scoping ( H2/H3 )

Spartan abilities ( Reach/4 )

For every element that appeals to one crowd 343 has another that appeals to the other.

It works really well, Sprint is tied to your shields so Sprint has become risk vs reward.

Halo 5 is shaping up to be a nice game actually.

• Like 4

^

^

I think Halo 5 looks awesome, why? Because it balances both elements of Halo2/3 and Halo reach/4 in a perfect way.

Fair starts ( H3/h2)

Sprint ( Reach/4 )

De scoping ( H2/H3 )

For every element that appeals to one crowd 343 has another that appeals to the other.

It works really well, Sprint is tied to your shields so Sprint has become risk vs reward.

I hope for Halo's sake more people share your opinion.

• Like 1

Ground pound and Shoulder bash are both abilities in Destiny and Call of Duty respectively. Both of them are annoying free one hit kills; however, perhaps the radar of Halo can mitigate the bull****ness being radiated.

And the thruster pack IS the exo suit's movement from Call of Duty. Like, no questions asked. 

Will this be good in Halo? Maybe. 

^

^

Fair starts ( H3/h2)

Sprint ( Reach/4 )

De scoping ( H2/H3 )

I told you xD

I'm pumped for the beta!

• Like 1

Axilus Prime, on 12 Nov 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

But...wait, what about Slide?

I re-watched the video, and they said if you hit max speed during sprint, you hit the crouch button to go into a slide. If I do that and kill someone with a shotgun at the same time it will look awesome if the corpse flips over me.

• Like 1

Looks good.

Jealous right now :(

Seriously? You enjoy a Crysis 3 clone with halo models?  Well I watched all of about a minute of gameplay and all i can say...fail!

This is not a return to arena gameplay.  The ADS integration is NOT the same as the zoom/scope mask as the ADS style they are using puts in a scoping/descoping time and animation, it's not instant like it usually is.  And they also said that "Hip Fire", WILL offer a slightly less accurate spread than when scoped.  Just the fact that they used the term "Hip Fire" saddens me.

And don't even get me started on the SA's.  There is nothing new, innovative or crafty about them at all.  It's a direct port from Crysis.  Seriously, have they no new integrations or ideas on how to bring actual new things to Halo?!?  I guess not....

And what is the deal with the shields not recharging when you are sprinting?  Follow up...how many people use sprint to get away from bad guys in Halo 4 and Reach during campaign play?  Cause guess what?  By forcing that mechanic into multiplayer, it will also work that way in campaign.  So yeah, good on yah? Lolwut?

Anyway feel free to agree or disagree all you want.  This is just my opinion.

Seriously? You enjoy a Crysis 3 clone with halo models?  Well I watched all of about a minute of gameplay and all i can say...fail!

This is not a return to arena gameplay.  The ADS integration is NOT the same as the zoom/scope mask as the ADS style they are using puts in a scoping/descoping time and animation, it's not instant like it usually is.  And they also said that "Hip Fire", WILL offer a slightly less accurate spread than when scoped.  Just the fact that they used the term "Hip Fire" saddens me.

And don't even get me started on the SA's.  There is nothing new, innovative or crafty about them at all.  It's a direct port from Crysis.  Seriously, have they no new integrations or ideas on how to bring actual new things to Halo?!?  I guess not....

And what is the deal with the shields not recharging when you are sprinting?  Follow up...how many people use sprint to get away from bad guys in Halo 4 and Reach during campaign play?  Cause guess what?  By forcing that mechanic into multiplayer, it will also work that way in campaign.  So yeah, good on yah? Lolwut?

Anyway feel free to agree or disagree all you want.  This is just my opinion.

Yet still not a Ctrl + V from H2/3

So what if they take element from other games, not every one playd Crysis and so on... Maybe it works fine?

I think it look more futeristic and is good in a game that is in the future. I mean H2/3 was gerat yet u feel clumpy for being a so calld supersoldier with an armor worth insanly much. Previous Halos before reach felt statically (clumpy) if thats a word for describing it.

As i said H2/3 was great yet it offer nothing new more then the feeling been there/done nothing to explore so why even bother buy/play a game with no chance?

Round based game type? Yes been wanting a gametype like that, would also be nice with a 1v1 aim focused map (not like octagon) 

Yet still not a Ctrl + V from H2/3

So what if they take element from other games, not every one playd Crysis and so on... Maybe it works fine?

I think it look more futeristic and is good in a game that is in the future. I mean H2/3 was gerat yet u feel clumpy for being a so calld supersoldier with an armor worth insanly much. Previous Halos before reach felt statically (clumpy) if thats a word for describing it.

As i said H2/3 was great yet it offer nothing new more then the feeling been there/done nothing to explore so why even bother buy/play a game with no chance?

Round based game type? Yes been wanting a gametype like that, would also be nice with a 1v1 aim focused map (not like octagon) 

I'm tired of people constantly bringing up the whole "Super Soldier" aspect of the game.  Did anyone ever complain about not being able to sprint, jump super high, have no recoil, or anything else in halo 1 through 3?  No they didn't.  The Super Soldier argument is recently fresh and has no credibility in Halo.  Halo has always stuck to a certain set of core mechanics.  ADS is such a far stray from the scoping mechanic that has been tried and try for 14 years!  It isn't anywhere near broken, nor is it a disadvantage when it comes to fps cometition from rivals.  There are just certain things that halo kept sticking to that made it stand out from the rest.  having it play exactly like Crysis or CoD is a huge turn around in general from the "Return to Arena" statement.  Do you even know what arena gameplay is?  Probably not.  If you weren't old enough to enjoy the first Unreal Tournament, then you don't know what real Arena gameplay is.

As for not many people knowing or playing Crysis.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  Everyone has heard of Crysis and it's sister game FarCry.  The mechanics in Crysis are well know.  Integrating them into Halo as a "copycat", not only is showing a huge movement away from what Halo was and still is, but also shows that 343i has no idea where they should be going with the Halo IP.

• Like 1

I'm tired of people constantly bringing up the whole "Super Soldier" aspect of the game.  Did anyone ever complain about not being able to sprint, jump super high, have no recoil, or anything else in halo 1 through 3?  No they didn't.  The Super Soldier argument is recently fresh and has no credibility in Halo.  Halo has always stuck to a certain set of core mechanics.  ADS is such a far stray from the scoping mechanic that has been tried and try for 14 years!  It isn't anywhere near broken, nor is it a disadvantage when it comes to fps cometition from rivals.  There are just certain things that halo kept sticking to that made it stand out from the rest.  having it play exactly like Crysis or CoD is a huge turn around in general from the "Return to Arena" statement.  Do you even know what arena gameplay is?  Probably not.  If you weren't old enough to enjoy the first Unreal Tournament, then you don't know what real Arena gameplay is.

As for not many people knowing or playing Crysis.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  Everyone has heard of Crysis and it's sister game FarCry.  The mechanics in Crysis are well know.  Integrating them into Halo as a "copycat", not only is showing a huge movement away from what Halo was and still is, but also shows that 343i has no idea where they should be going with the Halo IP.

I complained that the Spartans weren't actually Spartans in Halo 3. Because I thought Halo 3 was slow as hell.

I've also played Crysis 2, and 3. I don't remember much, but I know the gameplay of Crysis 2 was alright. Can a Spartan pick up and throw another Player? No, that's in Crysis. Can a Spartan become cloaked on the fly when he wants to? No, you have to have an AA, or AA Powerup for that. Can a Spartan use some Rage mode? Yes, but you have to have the Damage Boost powerup, and it's not readily available to you from the start.

Edited by Turkey Destruct

Well that part about what Halo always been before reach is technical.. Back then u dident have the technoligy to do such things, games chance with the technoligy play or leave.