Forge Bots/ A.I

Daniel Ryles

Since Halo 3 i have been waiting and hoping ( and i hope many of you have too ) that they would add bots/ A.I within the forge world to place down anywhere on your created map just like an object or a vehicle etc.

For example: Far Cry 3, they created a map editor AFTER the official release of the game and within the editor you could place bot/ A.I enemies and allies and even animals and birds.

Another example: Red Faction, the first one, you could choose bot/ A.I enemies and allies that you could name what ever you wanted and even add traits to there character making them more powerful.

The point in this topic is for hopefully 343 to respond and maybe think of adding this feature within the Forge-World of The Master Chief Collection as an update or downloadable content?

The possibilities are endless when you think about all the things you could do with this feature.. 

Create your own maps, grab a friend or few, put in some bot/ A.I enemies and play maps how you imagined them. For example; The popular map and game type 'Tower of Power' Imagine defending the tower against a bunch of bot/ A.I enemies... Epic!

What do you think Halo Fans? and what do you think 343?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Navmesh? Never heard that term. AI actions are compiled into what we reffer to as [sty] or style tags. As for navigation, that requires AI Pathfinding. These are items that cannot be simply dropped into a map unless said map was all Forge items and those objects, scenery and machines would need to be classified as "pathfinding" objects. Aside from that you would still need about 6 other scenario fields and strings + scripts in order for respawning proper AI to work.

Navmesh? Never heard that term. AI actions are compiled into what we reffer to as [sty] or style tags. As for navigation, that requires AI Pathfinding. These are items that cannot be simply dropped into a map unless said map was all Forge items and those objects, scenery and machines would need to be classified as "pathfinding" objects. Aside from that you would still need about 6 other scenario fields and strings + scripts in order for respawning proper AI to work.

Navmesh is pathfinding in the Creation Kit so I sort of just used the term :)

• 5 months later...