Shrunken Day 1 Update & Predownload + Launch Trailers

ILZ5Na5.jpg

Today, Eurogamer confirmed that the Day 1 Update for the Master Chief Collection has shrunk from the usual 20GBs to 15GBs.

Dan Ayoub also states that the TU is available to pre-download if you pre-ordered the digital copy (it seems you need to enable Auto-Download to get the update though)This allows players to play the game the moment HMCC launches: Multiplayer and all.

Also, yesterday, Halo & Xbox channels on YouTube uploaded some HMCC launch trailers. Check em out below:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts?

Source: Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-halo-the-master-chief-collections-massive-day-one-update-has-shrunk-to-15gb

Edited by Turkey Destruct
  • Like 3

Personally the only benefit may be time. I never under stood why people whined about the gb for day 1 update. This  may be my last game o xbox one till halo 5 so I don't need the room.

Before, the Day 1 Update originally was 20GBs: nearly half of the original download for the MCC. People are already strained having to download 45GBs, but add 20 on Day 1 which you couldn't predownload, and you have some problems.

At least now it cuts the slack a little for everyone.

Is anyone getting an "installation stopped" message every time they restart the console to pre download the patch? It's like its trying to update but immediately stops and when I hit try again it just jumps to 100% with no sign of the 15gb update. Plus sometimes it shall nightfall instead of the MCC.

shows* not shall...

weird. I set my xbox one to instant on so it would download the patch automatically. that was it. a few hours later when I got home, the thing shows the collection as being at 60GB. then I checked the bandwidth usage and it said 15 GB downloaded in the space of one hours' measurement. which means it probably took less time than that.

definitely looking