Destiny 2 Confirmed and More Sales Numbers Revealed!

Today, Activision released some Destiny sales figures and overall statistics. Note, prepare to be blown away!

Some people hate Destiny, some people love Destiny, and some people don't care at all about the game. Either way, the game is huge, as Activision stated over at IGN.com. The game has already earned it's marketing revenue of $500 million back within it's first few days, with a current number still unknown. Activision reported that Destiny's sales played an extremely large part in their Q3 2014 and is overall one of the biggest successes this year. Over 9.5 Million players are active in Destiny daily, playing between 3 and 4 hours each day. The success has lead to work being put on future expansions like The Dark Below, and the sequel, which was confirmed by Activision's Publishing CEO. He said, "Work has also begun on future expansion packs as well as on our next full game release, we're very pleased with the launch and continuing engagement."

post-26953-0-49508700-1415144512.jpg

Are these sales and statistics deserving of a game like Destiny, which has gotten an overall mediocre response? Leave your thoughts below! Thanks a ton for reading folks!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

10 Years: 1 game released each year.

Destiny

Destiny 2

Destiny 3: Exposition of Dinklage

Destiny 4: Revenge of Dinklage

PenUltimate Destiny

The Ultimate Destiny

Destiny

Destiny: 8th Column

Destiny: DLC for your DLC

Destiny Collection: Remastered GOATY 10/10 IGN Edition

Final Destiny (not really)

• Like 1

A second one announced so soon? Peculiar.

Bungie announced sometime last year Destiny will span 10 years and 4 games. (or was it 3?). Thats the deal they have with Activision.

Nice article as always EK! Hopefully Destiny 2 is X1/PS4/PC only and fixes all the mistakes the first one made!

How on Earth are they going to announce that they're making the sequel already when they haven't even released all of the content for the first game?? Well I'm sure people will be getting it nonetheless, I mean I'm still going to get Destiny when I get a One so I guess I shouldn't be talking. To me though, it takes away from both the current game and sequel title.

• Like 1

How on Earth are they going to announce that they're making the sequel already when they haven't even released all of the content for the first game?? Well I'm sure people will be getting it nonetheless, I mean I'm still going to get Destiny when I get a One so I guess I shouldn't be talking. To me though, it takes away from both the current game and sequel title.

Maybe they knew it would be very rough. After all, it was said that the first one doesn't have a story... Maybe it was a test run...

It was all an elaborate scheme.

All I can hope for is that the sequel is good. :)

Destiny 2 will be able to incorporate feedback fully into the game.

Destiny 2 will no longer be hampered by 360/ps3.

Destiny 2 will be a more polished experience.

Destiny 2 will have a better story.

Etc you get the point Destiny 2 I have no doubt will be a better game.

Bungie announced sometime last year Destiny will span 10 years and 4 games. (or was it 3?). Thats the deal they have with Activision.

Nice article as always EK! Hopefully Destiny 2 is X1/PS4/PC only and fixes all the mistakes the first one made!

pretty sure its 5 lol

But YES

WELFARE GAME FOR THE NOOBS