•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (19 September 2019 - 06:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, SmokerNivw878! :welcome: View SmokerNivw878's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (18 September 2019 - 06:31 AM) Can't complain here, how're you going, Spartan?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:03 PM) Hope everyone's been well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:03 PM) SB still seems dead unfortunately, and the spambots are still incoming it appears. XD
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 September 2019 - 02:02 PM) Hey fam <3
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 09:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, orovavoqo! :welcome: View orovavoqo's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (16 September 2019 - 02:47 PM) i miss bnuts
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 04:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, ekeukoiqivipo! :welcome: View ekeukoiqivipo's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 September 2019 - 12:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, utenoyiyico! :welcome: View utenoyiyico's Profile
@  343iBot : (15 September 2019 - 11:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, ucipujzerol! :welcome: View ucipujzerol's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (14 September 2019 - 06:26 PM) @Mr Kittens and Gibberish Hopefully LMAO
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) Just you wait.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) @Jack Of Harts It'll happen.
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 September 2019 - 03:58 PM) Well howdy folks.
@  Melody : (14 September 2019 - 11:23 AM) :/
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 September 2019 - 07:41 PM) :((
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:55 PM) I hope one day, to be able to catch someone in the shoutbox and have a conversation.
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:52 PM) @Twinreaper Hey I've been doing alright thanks.
@  Jack Of Harts : (13 September 2019 - 04:51 PM) @Bnus You too, mate <3 <3
@  343iBot : (13 September 2019 - 12:39 PM) Welcome to the forums, ikdeqosaw! :welcome: View ikdeqosaw's Profile

Photo

Halo 5: Guardians REQ Thread!

Halo 5: Guardians REQs

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hey everyone, EK here, I wanted to create a thread where we could catalog all confirmed REQs so that if there's ever an issue, it can be resolved here. The list is barely done, but for now, here's a list of what we know for sure is appearing in Halo 5: Guardians!

Recruit

Halo 5 Recruit.png

Recruit armour used by basic Spartan IVs in Halo 4 has returned in Halo 5: Guardians Very little discernible difference for this armour.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Starter armour

Air Assault

Halo 5 Air Assault.png

This is another armour returning nearly exactly as it's precursor in Halo 5, with a mostly similar design with slight indents that make it stand out. However, if you were hoping for a return to it's Halo: Reach format, you'll be disappointed.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn in REQ Packs.

Recon

Halo 5 Recon.png

The classic armour is making a comeback from Halo 4 with a mostly similar helmet and slicker body details such as improved shoulder plates.

Aviator

Halo 5 Aviator.JPG

Clear cut remastering of the original armour utilized by Spartan IVs with little noticeable change, the shoulders bear a slight difference to their original form though.

Recruit (BRN)

Halo 5 Recruit Skinned.png

This armour is partially different with a skull paintjob on the helmet and the same details on the gauntlets and chest piece.

Athlon

H5Athlon.png

This is an armour new to the Halo franchise, bearing some similarities to the previously seen Bullseye armour in the Halo 4 Champions Bundle. It seems to be a common set used among spartans during training for it's durability and ease of use.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Best Buy Pre-Order Bonus; Earn in REQ Packs.

Warrior

Halo5Warrior.png

This set was first used in Halo 4 as an early starter armour, and now follows a near exact asthetic look.

Scout

H5Scout.png H5ScoutBody.png

Another fan-favourite armour set returning from as early as Halo 3, this remodel bears more resemblance to it's Halo 4 incarnation rather than other previous installments.

Defender

Halo 5 Defender.JPG

Another clear remake nearly exactly akin to it's original model, the Defender armour received little aesthetic change.

Centurion [Legendary]

Halo 5 Mark IV.JPG

Centurion armour was introduced in Halo 2: Anniversary in a much slimmer form than its current form. The armour became much bulkier and more akin to Mark VI designs. It is used by Spartan Fred in the campaign.

Mark VI (Clean) [Legendary]

Halo 5 Mark VI.png

Bears resemblance to the Halo 3 version featuring a crotch piece and belt. Technically obsolete, the Mark VI [GEN1] Mjolnir armor maintains a legendary luster among Spartans and the general public.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn the “Your Journey Begins” Achievement in MCC (Unlocks Helmet & Armour) or REQs.

Mark VI (Scarred) [Legendary]

Halo 5 Mark VI (Scarred).png

Features a shattered visor and overall rough outline to armour. The Mark VI was able to remain functional until all of its triply-redundant auto-repair and bypass nodes failed.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn the “Cairo Station" Achievement in MCC (Unlocks Helmet & Armour) or REQs.

Nightfall [Legendary]

Halo 5 Nightfall.png

Resembles Halo 2 and Halo 3 armour utilized by ODSTs. Spartans with Marine experience prefer NIGHTFALL armor when stationed on inhospitable worlds, due to its best-of-class life support. Not to be confused with Spartan Buck's Helljumper armour, which is bears much more of a resemblance to the typical ODST gear.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Watching the Halo: Nightfall Episode 1 Second Story unlocks the Helmet, watching all 5 episodes of Halo: Nightfall unlocks Armour. Can also be earned in REQs.

Helioskrill [Legendary]

Halo 5 Helioskrill.png

Utilizes a slick ninja-esque design similar to the previously used Hayabusa. The HELIOSKRILL is a work of art crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn the “Legend” Achievement in MCC (Unlocks Helmet & Armour) or REQs.

Hunter [Legendary]

H5Hunter.png

Hunter armour is extremely powerful and highly classified, mainly used by Fireteam Osiris’ leader Spartan Locke. Sophisticated and lethal, Hunter-class armor incorporates Watershed Division's latest warfighting technology.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Pre-Order via GameStop, etc; Can also be unlocked through the REQ system.

Noble [Legendary]

H5Noble.png

This armour very clearly derives itself from the classic Commando gear used by Spartan Carter during the Reach campaign, dedicated to the memory of Noble Team’s efforts. It retains little changes to the original form besides more plating on the chest.

Breaker

H5Breaker.png

A new piece of gear in the Halo franchise, Breaker has a very thinly wire plated body and is used for mainly tactical purposes. Void-hardened and sealed to meet the demanding requirements of Spartan naval intercept operation (NIO) boarding teams, Breaker armor is also well suited for missions in environmentally compromised zones.

Anubis

H5Anubis.png

Anubis follows in the naming style of Fireteam Osiris and bears a massive resemblance to Mark V[B] worn by Noble Six during the fall of Reach.

Mako

H5Mako.png

Mako is a new armour set to the Halo series that has a very Oceanic feel to it with a spherical shaped head. There is also a sharkfaced variant unlockable through the REQs.

EVA

H5EVA.png

The classic variant of EVA is returning once again identical to it's style in Halo 4 with the heavily armoured backside and the exposed front. Not to be confused with Hermes, Buccaneer, and Orbital which are also wide faced visor. 

Copperhead [Legendary]

H5Copperhead.png

Likely named after the famous snake, Copperhead is a very sleek alien-like armour design used by Spartan Vale in the campaign. A multipurpose armor system built from the ground-up for covert "special activities," COPPERHEAD armor is rarely seen since it is jealously guarded by ONI’s direct action teams.

Helljumper [Legendary]

H5Helljumper.png

Designed as a monument to the gear used by Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, Helljumper is bulky and dauntless armour used by Spartan Buck in the campaign. The official description states that it is a pet project of Cascade's CEO, a former ODST, and that a small number of HELLJUMPER prototypes have entered Spartan service under a research partnership between the UNSC and Cascade Stronghold Technology.

Technician [Legendary]

H5Technician.png

A specialized suit of armour, this is most notably used by Spartan Tanaka in the campaign. The variant is used by Spartan combat engineers and field techs. The Technician Mjolnir system features a battlenet node and custom machine interlink that can process and curate vast amounts of data.

Hermes [Legendary]

H5Hermes.png

The Hermes armour bears an extensive resemblance to the Buccaneer, Orbital, and EVA suits, and is worn notably by Spartan Kelly. The Enhanced Mobility Subsystem embedded in the Hermes prototype is so powerful that only a handful of Spartans can use it safely.

Argus [Legendary]

H5Argus.png

The Argus armor is suited for longer range engagements where a better tactical view is necessary, and is notably used by Spartan Linda. The ARGUS suit's sophisticated battlenet control node provides situational and threat awareness in all environments, as well as hardware-accelerated cyberlink connections for intelligence collection networks.

HOW TO UNLOCK: Earn in REQ packs.

I'll be sure to update the list as time goes on and the rest of the REQs are revealed along with how to unlock them. Let me know down below if anything new comes up that I've missed and what your favourite set so far is! Thanks for reading!

Posted Image

#2 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 726 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

I really need to get an Xbox One, and fast. 

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#3 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Warm Bnus
  • LocationInstallation 00
14             2                     

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

Helioskrill is my new favorite so far!

I really do hope 343i aims to create more compelling armor like some of the ones shown above. Halo 4 took a very odd direction and none of the armor made me feel like some sort of super human alien killing tough guy like Halo Reach(you had bullets on your shoulder. Now thats just rad)

Hopefully we see more increased/specific customization with Halo 5. Advance Warfare has done a really good job with cosmetics, and making each individual player have a unique look. 

gallery_88375_757_102964.jpg

#4 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Helio Skrill is straight up Arbiter helmet from Halo 2... and I love it. I might be wearing that for a long time.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#5 Caulifla

Caulifla

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 411 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bekinator
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Same here Halofollower, I'm getting HMCC this month, and X1 for christmas. so I'll be very lateeeeeeeeeeee! :(

I'm still Berriesboo/Maggie. (Incase if you didn't know i changed my name. :)

bfc26ba2b073d8a39611b63470d707ae3bd703c8

#6 Note

Note

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 474 posts
Trusted
  • LocationM.I.A.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

Man, I can't even afford an Xbox One, so I'll be missing out  :cray:  :sorry:  :crybaby:  :cry:

Anyways, the Helioskrill looks like the Arbiters helmet, so that's cool, like a Sangheili type armor on a Spartan

#Halo5

preview.jpg

#7 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

A much needed improvement over the Halo 4 armors. And we can use Chief's campaign armor in multiplayer now! Finally! Halo 4 should have had that, it looked so much better than the Mark VI we got.

Same here Halofollower, I'm getting HMCC this month, and X1 for christmas. so I'll be very lateeeeeeeeeeee! :(

Isn't getting the game before the console a bit of a risky move?

Best wait til Christmas for both if you don't already have an X1. The price will drop then.

As for me...I know I won't have money for either on launch day! So I'll have to be content with saving money up, and with watching Let's Plays on Youtube. Actually, I should probably get a job, seeing as I just turned 16.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#8 DIABLO 0166

DIABLO 0166

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 99 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DIABLO 0166

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

I hape they put the recon and the hayabusa armour in HALO 5!

sml_gallery_92330_776_6637.jpg

#9 thefish54501

thefish54501

Brute

• Members
  • 47 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:thefish54501

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I think that last one looks a bit more like the Halo 4 Commando armor than the Mk. IV

#10 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

All the more reason to get achievables

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#11 xxBEASTLYBOYZxx

xxBEASTLYBOYZxx

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 552 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:xxBEASTLYBOYZxx
  • LocationOnyx

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

I really the look of these armor variations. I especially like the Nightfall or "ODST" one

xxBEASTLYBOYZxx
Posted Image
500th post reached: Oct. 9, 2012

#12 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

-UPDATE-

Added Recon, Recruit, Recruit Skinned, and Air Assault, more coming soon!

Posted Image

#13 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

I'm glad to see more visor helmets and less helmets with scrunched up geometric figure faces.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#14 Note

Note

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 474 posts
Trusted
  • LocationM.I.A.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Recon is one of my favorite armors and it looks really cool here, though I prefer the one from Halo 4. The rest of the armor looks great too

preview.jpg

#15 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:These Oats
  • LocationInside your imagination, and possibly your dreams! O.O
   5          4      

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

I wonder how the armor customization will be for this game...I hope its like Halo 4s. I would so like to have myself a Rainbow Coloured Visor!

bnqJNoV.png

Victory is in a Simple Soul.

#16 Note

Note

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 474 posts
Trusted
  • LocationM.I.A.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

I wonder how the armor customization will be for this game...I hope its like Halo 4s. I would so like to have myself a Rainbow Coloured Visor!

Me too!! I liked Halo 4's choice of colors and combinations

preview.jpg

#17 Caulifla

Caulifla

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 411 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Bekinator
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

It's pretty nice, My mother just got X1 yesterday, and she won't gimme it, I'm in douglas, currently, I told her to send mail, but she said no, not until christmas. LOL. Dang. I wanna try X1 T.T

I'm still Berriesboo/Maggie. (Incase if you didn't know i changed my name. :)

bfc26ba2b073d8a39611b63470d707ae3bd703c8

#18 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:These Oats
  • LocationInside your imagination, and possibly your dreams! O.O
   5          4      

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

What would also be awesome, giving us different hand customizations, changing how the armor on our hands and fingers look, and giving us the ability to change each individual upper leg and lower leg, and having different armor plates on both legs, and not treating both legs the same. And the ability to give each individual armor piece a colour, not just having primary and secondary colours.

bnqJNoV.png

Victory is in a Simple Soul.

#19 TWD26

TWD26

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 106 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:TWD26
  • LocationReach

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Man this makes me wish I wasn't poor. 

4e8cd69a-6302-4fef-98fc-eec0670ce93e_zps

#20 DIABLO 0166

DIABLO 0166

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 99 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DIABLO 0166

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

They should put the armor that noble six had from halo reach! It would be cool. Although the recon armor was pretty cool in halo 3. I really do think that the FOTUS

armor is going to be in HALO 5. :bananachief:

sml_gallery_92330_776_6637.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5: Guardians, REQs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users