Don't post the PMs in public. You're only helping the mafian scrubs narrow down the list of who's the medic/detective.

I just saw this, and...

Ridiculous. Just. Friggin. Ridiculous.

Pro-town works at its best when it knows the most. We lose when either we trust too much (last game) or when we withhold information from other pro-town simply because it will keep it out of the Mafia's hands (2 and 3).

Outright telling the Mafia who is the medic or detective is foolishness. But it's far more important that we know who NOT to lynch than prevent them from discovering our special roles. Preventing the flow of information aids none but the Mafia. That said, screenshots are worthless for the reasons others have laid out.

But should other means of confirming innocence arise, there should be no refusal to use said means on the grounds that it "helps the Mafia find the Medic and Detective." That kind of thinking WILL get us all killed.

Also, this time the Detective should relay every investigation as he or she gets it, through the Mafia's first victim, in real time. No withholding of investigation results, even temporary. The Detective will not investigate themselves, naturally. Should they find the medic, only then is withholding acceptable, but they MUST say the medic is an ordinary civilian.

This is to prevent wrong lynching and expedite proper lynching. And it's at least ten times more helpful to Pro-town than making it more difficult for the Mafia to narrow down the special roles.

I just saw this, and...

Ridiculous. Just. Friggin. Ridiculous.

Pro-town works at its best when it knows the most. We lose when either we trust too much (last game) or when we withhold information from other pro-town simply because it will keep it out of the Mafia's hands (2 and 3).

Outright telling the Mafia who is the medic or detective is foolishness. But it's far more important that we know who NOT to lynch than prevent them from discovering our special roles. Preventing the flow of information aids none but the Mafia. That said, screenshots are worthless for the reasons others have laid out.

But should other means of confirming innocence arise, there should be no refusal to use said means on the grounds that it "helps the Mafia find the Medic and Detective." That kind of thinking WILL get us all killed.

Also, this time the Detective should relay every investigation as he or she gets it, through the Mafia's first victim, in real time. No withholding of investigation results, even temporary. The Detective will not investigate themselves, naturally. Should they find the medic, only then is withholding acceptable, but they MUST say the medic is an ordinary civilian.

This is to prevent wrong lynching and expedite proper lynching. And it's at least ten times more helpful to Pro-town than making it more difficult for the Mafia to narrow down the special roles.

I'm telling you this from all my experience as mafia. Giving them more information does not help us. At all. I'm not saying we need to restrict the flow of information, but we really don't need to do it in public. Once the detective is dead(I'm not really concerned about the medic since he's more of an RNGesus weapon), we should post all information everywhere and freely. But right now, before someone has even died, it won't do us any good.

I'm telling you this from all my experience as mafia. Giving them more information does not help us. At all. I'm not saying we need to restrict the flow of information, but we really don't need to do it in public. Once the detective is dead(I'm not really concerned about the medic since he's more of an RNGesus weapon), we should post all information everywhere and freely. But right now, before someone has even died, it won't do us any good.

I've been Mafia before too, Ledgend. Pro-town is much more dangerous with information than without.

Don't post the PMs in public. You're only helping the mafian scrubs narrow down the list of who's the medic/detective.

Genius. I actually considering sharing my PM folder, not now.

Ledgend's got a point here, keep your PMs hidden. You are only leaking valuable information to the Mafians. (I've also got experience as a mafian in 1.0 so I also speak with experience) Hide your PMs, the mafians may come up with a cover up anyway so don't bother. Just make it easier for us deal with things by not narrowing down their hit list.

Genius. I actually considering sharing my PM folder, not now.

Ledgend's got a point here, keep your PMs hidden. You are only leaking valuable information to the Mafians. (I've also got experience as a mafian in 1.0 so I also speak with experience) Hide your PMs, the mafians may come up with a cover up anyway so don't bother. Just make it easier for us deal with things by not narrowing down their hit list.

If they can mess with their PMs then so can Protown. That's not what you people are getting. Showing your PMs is harmless.

It's only a problem when you got your PMs set up suspiciously (like some randomly named PM that is at the top of the list). Mafians last game had "Up for some Borderlands shenanigans?" as a cover PM, and somehow no one suspected it.

I have to agree with these facts, being Mafia and a host has given me some insight as to how they act and some of the facts has either been given in this thread or at the end of last game. Only show PMs to CONFIRMED! These are confirmed when people DIE or are EXECUTED!

If they can mess with their PMs then so can Protown. That's not what you people are getting. Showing your PMs is harmless.

It's only a problem when you got your PMs set up suspiciously (like some randomly named PM that is at the top of the list). Mafians last game had "Up for some Borderlands shenanigans?" as a cover PM, and somehow no one suspected it.

I'm still surprised as to how they didn't see past that.

I have to agree with these facts, being Mafia and a host has given me some insight as to how they act and some of the facts has either been given in this thread or at the end of last game. Only show PMs to CONFIRMED! These are confirmed when people DIE or are EXECUTED!

I'm still surprised as to how they didn't see past that.

Unless you're mafia again and you're trying to trick us into trusting you, I don't buy it.

What makes you think that?

Posting PMs won't mean anything to anyone. If we can cover them up, so can the mafians. We won't really get anywhere whilst doing this.

Hmmm well a strangely called PM such as "Up for some Borderlands Shenanigans" going on while Mafia 6.0 is running AND is made by one of the Mafians... what's there not to suspect?

Hmmm well a strangely called PM such as "Up for some Borderlands Shenanigans" going on while Mafia 6.0 is running AND is made by one of the Mafians... what's there not to suspect?

Might be for the start of the game it wasn't suspicious 

I think we should keep our pms to our selves.

Because if you post your PM and you are innocent, that just narrows down the "Special Rolls" suspect list.

Not really. Photoshop, renaming and deleting PMs are always possible