Captioning

New user here. First off, I want to say great job to the mods as this website is incredibly organized and it's awesome that I can get all Halo news in one spot.

Not sure if 343i would make these kind of announcements, but does anyone know if Halo MCC will have captioning on all the campaigns? As a partially deaf gamer, I was never able to get into the Halo campaigns like many of my friends did. The campaign was always a lot of fun but never had any substance to it as I just skipped scenes because I couldn't hear the dialogue. If closed captions are included all the campaigns then I will definitely be one of the ones having a campaign marathon on release day. Hope it happens but I've learned to never get my hopes up. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment, and welcome aboard the site! We hope you enjoy it here.

As to the captions, I'm not really sure. But seeing as it's been in the past several games, and seems to be a feature that appears in almost every new video game, especially first person shooters, I don't doubt that captions will be made available in all 4 MCC games. I'm not sure about Halo Nightfall though, and it would really be a shame if you missed out on that. Since it's not a game, but a webseries of sorts, I'm unsure as to whether or not they'll have subtitles or captions. If you want to ask, you can always log onto the official site, HaloWaypoint and private message BS Angel, she supposedly does take fan questions.

Again welcome to the forums!

halo 3 and 4 definitely had captions, so that will already be in the coding of those games in the mcc.  halo 2... I can't remember if it did or didn't have that. the halo ce anniversary DID have captions built into it so I have to assume that the anniversary version of halo 2 would have it as well.

i'm completely deaf and rely heavily on the captions myself to understand what's going on in the games.