Close Quarters Combat

Liam Royster

Halo 5 should give us the ability to block and counter a melee attack, at least in campaign. We are Spartans, so we would probably have the ability to counter any melee attack thrown at us and then make that enemy sorry that he even tried to mess with a spartan. We should have the ability to snap an elites back over our knee, Bane style. Master Chief can lift at least a metric tonne over his head, so we should be able to do things like this. And they need to make the character model for MC larger in the cinematics and gameplay. His height has always changed throughout the games. They need to make him at least as tall as the Sangheili, but taller would be acceptable. We need to feel empowered and more powerful than the enemy. We are playing as a demi god after all

^

Why do you want the game to be that easy? :)

Sure that would be cool Elite runs at you, punches you, you counter kick him then stab him.

But that just makes the game too easy. It would make you an op beast. No threat from close quarters combat pretty much.

So no this is not an idea I think should be in any Halo game.

Btw Chief in his armour in 2 inches taller than Elite ( Chief is seven foot something ) So he isn't going to get any taller, unless you break the lore for no reason.

How tall do you want him!?

Why? Just why? Elites are like 8 foot+ and Spartans shouldn't be taller than them. Elites are ment to be stronger and better than Spartans so we actually have a challenge. You want short enemies? Go to Jackals and Grunts.

Plus, I like how Elites can grab helpless humans by the neck as they struggle for dear life :D

In my opinion they should make Elites bigger and stronger!!  :thumbsup:

I actually think there's some potential in this. Halo 3 had a system for duelling with Energy Swords, so that if both players landed a hit at exactly the same time even though they'd both take damage, neither would die outright - regardless of how low their health actually got.

I don't really like the idea of just being able to block an attack outright, but having the ability to reduce incoming damage based on timing sounds like it could be interesting. Perhaps it could be tiered by weapons, so that you need an Energy Sword to successfully block an Energy Sword, an Energy Sword or a bladed weapon to block a bladed weapon, and any weapon will block a regular melee?