Xbox One price drop

Xbox One price drop

xbone1.jpg

Starting the 2nd of November, the Xbox One will drop in price in the US. If you haven't got ONE yet, now is the time!

In preperations for the holiday season Microsoft has decided to drop the price on the Xbox One. The price will fall to $349 (kinect free bundle) making it a $50 price cut.

For those of you who were eyeballin' a Xbox One bundle don't fret, the $50 price cut will be across all current and upcoming bundles including the Assassins Creed Unity Pack (with and without Kinect), The White Xbox One Sunset Overdrive pack and the 1 TB Call of Duty Advanced Warfare pack.

"We want this to be an unforgettable holiday season for Xbox fans around the world. Only on Xbox One can you play some of the most anticipated exclusives, newest blockbuster franchises and innovative independent games of the year. We're pleased to start the season off early with an incredible portfolio that includes millions of hours of fun for gamers and their friends."

~Phil Spencer

“Fans don’t have to wait for Black Friday this year to enjoy great savings on Xbox One. We’re offering our best price yet, with unprecedented choices and value, so more people can play on Xbox One this holiday.”

“We’re gearing up for one of our biggest holidays ever and we are thrilled to offer fans up to $150 in savings on Xbox One and some of the biggest blockbuster games of the season.”

~Yusuf Mehdi

This offer is a limited time offer starting November 2nd and ending the 5th of January, perfect timing for the Master Chief Collection that releases the 11th of November. So for those of you out there who don't own one yet, get you one and join in on the fun!

Sadly Microsoft did state that the offer will be US only for the time being.

Has this limited price drop persuaded you to get an Xbox One this holiday season?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Sources:

IGN

Eurogamer

Polygon

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

Thanks MS for making it U.S Exclusive I reaaallly appreciate it ._.

They did say "as of now" so if it's really succesful in the US they might expand it to other countries or maybe even all of them.

attachicon.gifsaaaaaaaaalty.jpg

CAN YOU TASTE THE SALTINESS FROM HERE?!

But in all seriousness, there's gonna be moaning and your typical PS4/PC/Wii fanboys bashing this, but it's a great move and this is a fantastic strategy. I'll definitely be encouraging friends to buy the less costly One!

Already have. Saw people calling it the TV Box even today. My response: "Still living in May 2013, I see. Still think the Earth is flat, too?"

Ah well. Can't be helped.

Hope this means all those people lagging behind on 360 will make the jump now. Need more people to play with, especially on Halo.

• Like 1

Not bad. The console might have had a price drop, but for those who buy it on November 2nd are in for a discontent Mmmm disappointment. There's really no good games out there for the Xbox One right now. After maybe a week, they'll start to get some games in.

Until then, I'm playing on my elite Wii U.

:drool:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great marketing strategy for Microsoft to implement for the Xbox One, I believe this price-drop also takes place here in the UK as well :)! As I've noticed that the Xbox One's price now starts at about £335.99, I also figure that the reason they've done this exclusively in the US and possibly UK (I'm not sure) is that they have a lot of the world's Xbox players living there :). I'm not sure on the exact analytics on that, but it does seem a lot like a big majority of the fan base are in these countries :).