343 released a new video on their YouTube Channel regarding the episodic mini series Halo: Nightfall. So without further ado let's watch:

Summary of info: Locke is the Commander of a special forces unit of ONI operatives. We hear that he already has (some) Spartan qualities, and his character will go through a decent amount of change from the beginning of the series to it's end, forming his character for Halo 5.

We also see that the Covenant will play some sort of role as a Spirit drop ship and a few Elites are seen. The thing that really catches my eye is at 1:18 in the video, you see a mass of smaller life forms forming a silhouette of a human being, before breaking off each from each other and scuttling down the hill. At first glance I believed them to be flood infection forms, but whatever this is is much smaller then that. It is a high unknown.

So what do you believe this life form to be? How does the series look so far to you? Let me know! Edited by The Ghost of rrhuntington
  • Like 4

I think it looks great. I gotta admit I don't know how I feel bout Locke right now because I don't know if he's going to be on Chief's side or not I'm kinda just hoping. With Lasky it was a sure thing that he'd be a good guy and Forward Unto Dawn followed an awesome story line. This one looks very intense and dramatic but I'm stuck with the conflict liking the main character and him possibly turning into an antagonist later. I'm afraid of commitment :sorry:

• Like 2

At 1:18... what the heck is that? They don't look like Flood, so all I can think of is that they're unarmoured Lekgolo worms in terms of known Halo organisms.

This looks like it's going to be a much darker, grittier exploration of the Halo universe compared to the games, and I have to say I really like that direction if that i indeed the one it's taking. Can't wait for November 11th!

• Like 3

I was under the impression that Nightfall was going to be a legitimate series (i.e. 22 episode seasons) but now it seems it's going to serve the same purpose as Halo: Forward Unto Dawn. (5 episodes) Either way, I look forward to watching Halo: The Walking Dead Nightfall

• Like 1