Listen to samples of the Halo 2: Anniversary Soundtrack

Adam91

A few samples of the soundtracks from Halo 2: Anniversary have been revealed, six to be exact, well one full track and 5 samples. You can get an early listen to them now. 

med_gallery_12241_647_63639.png

Image from IGN

IGN spoke to with the Audio Director at 343 Industries, Paul Lispson, to reveale these music samples for the game as part of their October's "IGN First". The six pieces of the remastered tracks are up on SoundCloud and they are:

The Gungnir Mix - full length track (Mijolnir Mix) 

Second Prelude (Prologue)

Breaking the Covenant (Misha Mansoor's replacement for Breaking Benjamin's "Blow me away")

Impart (Impend)

Kilindini Harbour (Earth City)

Unforgotten Memories (Unforgotten)

All of Marty O'Donnell's and Mike Salvatori's original work for Halo 2 will be completely remastered for Halo 2's ten year anniversary. The entire Halo 2: Anniversary soundtrack CD album will be released on November 11th and can be pre-ordered at Amazon now.

What do you think of the soundtracks so far? Are you looking forward to hearing the full versions and indeed the rest of the album?

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 9

The Gungnir Mix so good

This makes me love 343i even more for all the amazing new additions that are being added into Halo MCC :drool: The Halo 2 soundtrack was already my favorite and so far this has blown all my expectations. 

Reminds me so much of a summer day and a few xbox controllers on the floor, and hearing this in the background.

The music sounds lovely, and I expect nothing less. To me, Halo's Music is one of the biggest parts of it's legacy. It is so iconic and just graces your ears with nostalgia. I'm so glad they take care of the music like this.

With every passing day I want to play this remastering of the Halo 2 campaign more and more. I honestly cannot contain my excitement.

Also: That damn Unforgotten... :cray:

Edited by The Ghost of rrhuntington

Truthfully, I am a fan of the original Halo soundtracks from when they were first composed for each individual game. I understand that when remastering a game, you want to try and redo almost everything to give it a whole new feel for the next generation of gamers. But I am someone who prefers the originals over the remakes.

However, I did listen to and also enjoyed these new remastered pieces and can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack upon its release.