Is the Didact really dead?

proxi 9

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Didact dead?

• Yes
    • No

SPOILER ALERT: In the newest Halo: Escalation Issue ("The Next 72 Hours Part 3"), the Ur-Didact supposedly dies when a piece of Installation 03 was hurled at a planet. It even shows him being decimated by the explosion. So everyone who's seen this is probably comfortable with his death, I mean, he's not really important to the story anymore, is he? What I'm wondering, is if he's really dead.

Halo: Primordium is set in 2559 on the UNSC Rubicon when it discovers something on the Ark. What is this something? It's 343 Guilty Spark, however, it's his original personality, Chakas (who's the human that the Iso-Didact composed in order to save his life, and ultimately became the monitor of Installation 04. The Forerunners repressed Chakas's memories and personality when he became Guilty Spark because he knew way to much. It would be extremely dangerous for a monitor of a Halo Installation to know as much as Chakas did.). The humans begin to ask him questions about the Didact. This is about two years after the events of Halo 4 as well as "The Next 72 Hours Part 3". Why after so long, and after he supposedly died, would they be asking about the Didact? So maybe, if you've made it this far, you're still dismissing this. Maybe they're just trying to gain more information on this previous enemy, in case they were to be attacked by other Forerunners or Prometheans. But wait, there's more! Near the end of the book, Chakas says something interesting: "You and I are brothers in many ways, not least in that we faced the Didact before, and face him now, and perhaps ever after. This is combat eternal, enmity unslaked..." Emphasis on the "face him now." However, you could still argue that maybe Chakas says this because the humans were asking about the Didact and assumed that he was still alive.

In the Official Xbox Magazine it says that "the Didact is guaranteed to show up." This could just mean a flashback, or in Terminals, things like that, however, with all of this evidence stacking up, I think the Didact may not be dead after all. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Chief considered him contained at the very most so I don't think he is dead.

Do you really think 343 would kill the Didact off in awful comic? I don't think so he will return in H5g. :)

Yeah I agree, if they're going to kill the Didact, it's going to have to be in a game.

• 3 weeks later...

^

Trust me he is. :)

He is one of the best Halo characters out there. Why would 343 kill him off in a terrible comic book series?

But the Didact in Halo 4 was a wasted opportunity for a good antagonist.

So hopefully in Halo 5/6 whenever he comes back in he can make up for that.

Ur Didact is alive. ( I hope Iso Didact appears in the Halo games too )

^

Trust me he is. :)

He is one of the best Halo characters out there. Why would 343 kill him off in a terrible comic book series?

But the Didact in Halo 4 was a wasted opportunity for a good antagonist.

So hopefully in Halo 5/6 whenever he comes back in he can make up for that.

Ur Didact is alive. ( I hope Iso Didact appears in the Halo games too )

Um about the Iso-Didact he's been in Halo since the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...