Help with Halo 4! I'm in shock!

So, It is Thursday, October 9th, 2014. Around 7:00 pm I get online to play Halo 4. The main menu comes up, and right after it's done loading DLC content, a message appears: 13 achievements unlocked for 300G.

I'm like WTF. So I see which achievements I've randomly been awarded, and low and behold, it's the last 13 achievements in Halo 4 I've been trying to get for some time now (achievements at bottom).

So I stand up saying over and over "What, what, how, what."

I do not know how or why this happened, but I am glad that it did. I am wondering if this glitch can happen for all of the achievents in Halo 4.

If you know the solution to why this happened, please respond.

1. Size is everything

2. Bigfoot

3. Didn't see it comin'

4. Bird of prey

5. I see you!

6. Clever girl

7. Flash of light

8. Pigs can fly

9. Dodge this!

10. Hello nurse!

11. That won't save you

12. Ashes to ashes

13. Scrapyard

• Like 1

This happened to me a few years ago on the first Left 4 Dead game, but not 13 achievements It gave me one achievement just for loading into the main menu. I was just like "Cool, free 20G achievement." Idk why it happens, I guess it just feels like being nice every 45 months.

Bonnie Ross stated on Twitter yesterday that 343i have released an update fixing Halo 4's broken achievements: if you've previously fulfilled the criteria for these achievements but not actually received them on your profile, you should expect them to unlock within the next few days.

Source: Twitter

• Like 1

Bonnie Ross stated on Twitter yesterday that 343i have released an update fixing Halo 4's broken achievements: if you've previously fulfilled the criteria for these achievements but not actually received them on your profile, you should expect them to unlock within the next few days.

Source: Twitter

I just got on Halo 4, and suddenly 14 Achievements became unlocked. All of them Castle, Majestic, and Crimson Achievements which I don't believe I met the criteria to unlock in the first place... so:

A: I DID meet the criteria and now I'm closer to 2000G

B: I DIDN'T meet the criteria and this is just a fix for people who couldn't get the achievements for Crimson, Majestic, or Castle because... well... good luck finding those maps in Matchmaking.

Either way I'm pretty ecstatic. Free Gs? Heck yea! lol

Well that is certainly a shock. You do not expect that kind of thing to happen with any game. I do believe this has happened before with other games. Do you have the DLC required for these achievements? I want to know if I can unlock them too as I do not have any of the DLC. Looking forward to seeing the further development of this issue. 

I took 343 this long to fix broken achievements?

Crimson came on in December 2012. So it took them almost two years to fix these achievements.

I mean this is awesome they finally did but it took them long enough. :)

they didn't "fix it" they just unlocked it for everyone who owns them a fix would be making it possible for them to be unlocked but in this case 343i decided to be generous 

^

So 343 locked achievements on purpose? :)

Caboose, I know you're pushing your anti-Halo agenda and all, but even for you this is an astonishingly twisted piece of logic.

The fact that it's taken two whole years for these bugs to be patched out is perfectly legitimate criticism: claiming that these bugs were implemented deliberately is crazy, especially as they've now been unlocked for everyone.

• Like 3

^

My nerd raged Halo rant will never end MWHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Just to clarify, I have no anti Halo agenda...... I still like Halo and after playing Destiny the thought of Halo has brushed me closer into getting an Xb1.

Anyway....  It was question not me claiming it.... but from what I can tell it was not intentional..... but still 2 years for achievements.

And I suppose because I said that this leads onto a major thing H5 must have.

Better updates/faster. H4 updates came out too slow such as weapons balancing and this.

I mean it took them till July 2013 to fix a major issue in the game.

And by July the game was largely dying.

So updates like that need to come out faster.

Caboose out!

^

My nerd raged Halo rant will never end MWHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Just to clarify, I have no anti Halo agenda...... I still like Halo and after playing Destiny the thought of Halo has brushed me closer into getting an Xb1.

Anyway....  It was question not me claiming it.... but from what I can tell it was not intentional..... but still 2 years for achievements.

And I suppose because I said that this leads onto a major thing H5 must have.

Better updates/faster. H4 updates came out too slow such as weapons balancing and this.

I mean it took them till July 2013 to fix a major issue in the game.

And by July the game was largely dying.

So updates like that need to come out faster.

Caboose out!

Still no matter how you stating it, it still sounds like  you're saying that they're failing to maintain one game and that they're a failing company because they couldn't fix a bug which has lasted over two years, saying that they locked the achievements on purpose is making you sound as though you can do a far greater job than ANYONE at 343 Industries.

Also why are you smiling after every post you made except for the last one? Are you trying to say something because it looks like you're trying to say something else.

Some bugs are harder to fix than others. Especially when your teams are working on multiple projects (in this case MCC and Halo 5).

If I had to guess, I'd say the bug here was in the interaction between the DLC and the Achievements System, and those are very touchy ones. See, the DLC is the dev's code (i.e. 343i's code in this case) and the AS is Microsoft's. I'm guessing the unlocking of the achievements was sort of their last resort to try to fix it after several other attempts failed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I experience something similar the other day when I logged into Halo 4 for the first time this October. I logged into the game and immediately got 13 or so achievements for 300 gamerscore. I thought it might be because of an update and these were achievements I had previously gotten outside of DLC's that would now be awarded to me or something. But after going through them I realized they were every single achievement from Crimson and Castle DLC's (that I didn't previously have), but not a single one from Majestic. 

So, kinda confused on this. I did buy Majestic when I bought the Season Pass and got the other two, but perhaps it didn't download properly or something. I'll check on that, but I just thought I'd throw out my experience with this because I am still a little unsure.