HALOFirst01_1280-1412376261557.jpg

Over on IGN Max Hoberman, Presdent of Certain Affinity, revealed the final map for Halo 2: Anniversary: Warlock (though we knew that it was one of the remakes already).

The map, now known as Warlord in H2A, features a brooding green atmosphere reminiscent of Shatter from Halo 4, but this one seems to be a little creepier (2spooooky4erryone).

Screenshot of Warlord. H2A's Warlord is a remake of Halo 2's Warlock, and that map is actually a remake of Wizard from Halo: CE

KDYL1Dr.png

Aside from minor map tweaks (adding more cover, stepping stones to higher ground, fixing weapon spawns, and color coding bases for Multi Team) the map has not been changed dramatically.

Max Hoberman does say that a Sentinel Beam (which has increased damage compared to Halo 2's) now spawns in the center of the map, and acts as one of the map's power weapons. The visuals have also been increased dramatically (obviously).

It is unknown whether or not Warlord will feature a dynamic element.

UPDATE: Bravo says that Warlord will NOT have a dynamic element:

"No interactive element on Warlord. A few things were experimented with, but nothing stuck, and in the end it was confirmed that a good ol’ fashion match of 4v4 Warlock CTF cures any ailment."

Warlord Map screenshots and concept art:

pKl9WdT.png

l6GsoM6.jpg

halo-2-warlock.JPG?itok=aKBAu34I

IGN then revealed the new names for some of the remakes. Now we can see the full list of remakes + their respective new names (there are only 6 maps in H2A):

• Warlock (Warlord)
  • Ascension (Zenith)
  • Coagulation (Bloodline)
  • Sanctuary (Shrine)
  • Zanzibar (Stonetown)
  • Lockout (Lockdown)

IGN will be hosting map walkthroughs of all the H2A maps with Max Hoberman in the coming weeks. The Warlord walkthrough, and gameplay vid (of Team 343i vs Team IGN) is in the link below.

*Halo 2: Anniversary is contained within Halo: The Master Chief Collection: which launches on November 11th in North America, and November 14th in the UK.*

- - - - -

Thoughts?

Source: IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/06/warlock-is-the-final-halo-2-remake-map-for-halo-the-master-chief-collection-ign-first

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Hell Verruckt
  • Like 3

StoneTown....... wait wait wait..... Stone...... town.....

You have literally got to be kidding 343. Not that a name matters much and that the gameplay and aesthetics should be the most important part but come on. Get a little creative with your naming. Zanzibar is an the name of an island of the east coat of Africa. You couldn't just rename it some other African town name like Pemba... idk... just seems lazy, but on a bright note Warlord looks pretty sexy. :)

You have literally got to be kidding 343. Not that a name matters much and that the gameplay and aesthetics should be the most important part but come on. Get a little creative with your naming. Zanzibar is an the name of an island of the east coat of Africa. You couldn't just rename it some other African town name like Pemba... idk... just seems lazy, but on a bright note Warlord looks pretty sexy. :)

I think it's just 343i's stab at trying to be as simple and uncomplicated as possible. Kinda has that tribal and prehistoric feel to it. I thought it was sketchy at first, but it's growing on me.

And yes Warlord is freaking amazing. ;)

If that was the case, then Last Resort (remake of Zanzibar in Halo 3) would've kept that theme going.

Since it hasn't, 343i didn't really need to make a trend up themselves for it.

Not at all what I was expecting.  Very disappointing at the remake graphically and scenery wise.  They spawn a decorator out of nowhere (the leaves that look like they are blowing in the wind.  Grass decorators move and sway right next to a wall where it just looks odd.  The textures are very poor, not at all the quality I would have expected.  Then again, it's a remake of a remake of a remake of a forge of a remake.  I didn't expect much at all, but I was expecting better than this!