Weekly News Wrap-Up - 9/20/14

VinWarrior

Hola amigos, you may know me by a host of different names, some call me Edward, some call me Vin, but one thing everyone knows me as is The Director (of the WNW)! For those of you that might not have known, this wasn't actually started by me, it was pioneered by Archangel Tyrael, so thank him for all of these reading sensations. Anyways, let's get down to it! We have Collector's Editions, Achievements, and more!

post-26953-0-52604000-1411229808.jpg

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Achievements Revealed

Are you one of the six people left on the earth that is excited for the next Call of Duty? If so I have good news, as a full list of achievements for the upcoming game Advanced Warfare have been revealed, thanks to IGN.com. While I can't list all of them here, a few notable ones are Carma, which you earn by killing an enemy with a car door, Maximum Overdrive, killing 50 enemies with your Overdrive ability, and Where Are You Going, by taking out an AST with an EMP grenade. And of course alongside these you have your typical campaign completion achievements for all 13 missions, and completing the entirety on the different difficulties. As well achievements for doing certain activities with your new EXO abilities are riddled through the list. Five achievements have yet to be revealed which look to be tied to an unannounced game mode, possibly an Extinction or Zombies mode. 

post-26953-0-50319800-1411229671.png

Are you amped up to earn all these new achievements/trophies in the game when it releases? Discuss below!

Bloodborne Collector's Edition and Release Date Revealed

When Bloodborne, From Software's (not from Software, the company's name is From Software, seriously) newest Action RPG from Dark Souls fame, was revealed at E3 2014, jaws were dropped and hype levels increased, so I'm sure you're just as eager as I am to find out a release date. GameSpot.com reports that at TGS this year the game was announced to have a confirmed release date of February 6, 2015 in North America and Europe. As well, a Collector's Edition was revealed, for a price of $79.99 retail price. It will include a Steelbook, the game itself, an Artbook, and the soundtrack. As well, a closed beta for the game was recently announced, with Sony Europe sending invitations. The game will release on the date above exclusively for PS4.

post-26953-0-60310500-1411229658.jpg

Are you picking up the Collector's Edition, the standard edition, or none at all? Let me know below!

Destiny Breaks Twitch's Streaming Records, 20 Million Views

Destiny can't seem to get out of our minds no matter what we do, it's like Activision has created another smash hit marketing machine that will last decades, and proof of this is some new record news from Twitch. GameSpot.com gave the news that Twitch announced for Destiny, how it had broken previous streaming records. Almost 240 Million minutes of streaming gameplay was recorded for the game, and videos garnered over 20 Million views. The game had made over $325 Million in revenue in the first five days alone! It seems to have outperformed nearly every game this year, even the huge hit Watch_Dogs. Twitch's marketing executive spoke on the matter, saying, "To date, Destiny is the biggest console game launch of the year on Twitch. Our passionate community of broadcasters attracted more than 5 million unique viewers in the first week." Bungie's community manager David Dague also commented, calling it nothing short of amazing.

post-26953-0-85697900-1411229627_thumb.jpg

What's your take on this news? Does Destiny deserve the attention it is receiving? Debate below!

Thanks a lot for reading, a lot of this news was planned the night before, so I apologize if these articles don't seem insanely 'fresh'. Have a great day, and stay sexy people.

Oh and by the way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4