Some Mojang Staff Leave After Microsoft Bought Mojang

Akali

mojang-bought-by-microsoft.jpg

After Microsoft bought Mojang for around 2.5 billion U.S dollars some of the staff including Notch is leaving, other people like Carl and Jakob are also leaving Mojang.

The post was made on the 15th September when Owen made a post confirming that they have been bought by Microsoft for 2.5 billion dollars, it is quoted by Owen "The founders: Notch, Carl, and Jakob are leaving. We don't know what they're planning. It won't be Minecraft-related but it will probably be cool.

So this means that they're not to some sunny beach, they'll be working on other projects that aren't Minecraft. Notch also does say why he's leaving Mojang which is also stated in the post Owen made.

"He’s decided that he doesn't want the responsibility of owning a company of such global significance. Over the past few years he’s made attempts to work on smaller projects, but the pressure of owning Minecraft became too much for him to handle. The only option was to sell Mojang. He'll continue to do cool stuff though. Don't worry about that."

Basically what this means is that he'll be making smaller projects and he doesn't have to worry about owning Minecraft so we haven't seen the end of him yet.

So what do you think of all this? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading :)

Source

Edited by Yang Xiao Long
  • Like 2

Well Notch was working on something anyway. Hopefully he develops it further.

He's working on a game called "Scrolls" I believe.

Notch, Jakob, and Carl leaving was somewhat expected for me. I mean they made a great game, got a lot of money, time to move onto another project. Though no game he makes after will likely ever reach the amount of fame and attention as Minecraft, there's still opportunity for new games. I am excited to see what we might be expecting from these guys in the future.

He's working on a game called "Scrolls" I believe.

Notch, Jakob, and Carl leaving was somewhat expected for me. I mean they made a great game, got a lot of money, time to move onto another project. Though no game he makes after will likely ever reach the amount of fame and attention as Minecraft, there's still opportunity for new games. I am excited to see what we might be expecting from these guys in the future.

I was going to put Scrolls but I forgot where I read it and left it out. At least it wasn't me going crazy and reading things :)