Master Chief Collection milestone

I want to start off by saying that I began my Xbox journey with the Chief.  I've had so many memories made controller-in-hand in Halo over the years.  To that end, and being that Halo:MCC is such a massive fan service, I wanted to do something to commemorate it.

I've become a bit of an obsessive achievement hunter, but my gamerscore gains have always lagged behind the "big dogs" due to a relentless pursuit of 100% completion.  This year though, I saw Halo:MCC coming down the pipeline and thought what better way for an achievement hunter like myself to celebrate four epic Chief titles bundled into one incredible package than to hit a big milestone with it?

The only problem? I was really, REALLY far away from a good one.  I had less than 300,000gs when the year started and the credible rumours began circulating.  I believed them but didnt know what milestone to use.  I considered 343,000 but realized that I would quite possibly overshoot that even if just playing anticipated titles like Destiny and FH2.  

Then after the announcement of 4k gamerscore in the collection  IT HIT ME... 400,000GS   Of course!  Four Halo titles on one disc, four thousand gamerscore, and landing on four hundred thousand! It's the trifecta... of fours.... the quadfecta?

But I was still really far away.  So I did something a tad insane.  I imported a Japanese 360 and 25 visual novs, dating sims, etc.  I played them simultaneously while playing Xbox One games in July, earning 45,000+ gamerscore that month alone, putting me well on pace to reach 396k in time.

I'm currently knee deep in Destiny and just over 390,000gs total.  I should easily reach 396,000 by Nov 11th, at which point I will stop.  Then when Halo MCC launches I shall complete it for the full 4k, landing me on exactly 400,000gs.  I should have 400 total completed games at the time too, although I'll have to forego being at 100% completion.

So shortly after Halo MCC launches it will be the four titles that get me to my four hundredth completion, another 4,000gs, and a total of 400,000gs to date.  The only thing that remains is seeing the achievement list and figuring out which one to make my FINAL achievement for the completion.  November can't come soon enough.  You and me Chief, you and me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^

Im not sure if that will violate the site off site policy rules. So just to be on the safe side. :)

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/37956-halo-the-master-chief-collection-achievement-list/?view=getnewpost < A news article on this site about the Mcc achievements.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...