•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (23 October 2019 - 02:54 AM) Welcome to the forums, Taylor25! :welcome: View Taylor25's Profile
@  343iBot : (23 October 2019 - 02:44 AM) Welcome to the forums, RonaldB! :welcome: View RonaldB's Profile
@  343iBot : (22 October 2019 - 03:01 AM) Welcome to the forums, Randaldix! :welcome: View Randaldix's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (21 October 2019 - 02:55 PM) ye once ur a carrot the next ur salami
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 12:27 PM) Welcome to the forums, Florentg! :welcome: View Florentg's Profile
@  343iBot : (21 October 2019 - 05:14 AM) Welcome to the forums, DimonaCet! :welcome: View DimonaCet's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 10:33 PM) Welcome to the forums, Luhidorfu! :welcome: View Luhidorfu's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, scwz! :welcome: View scwz's Profile
@  BATMAN : (19 October 2019 - 08:53 PM) Funny how things change over the years, eh?
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (19 October 2019 - 05:54 PM) nu uh, i tel ui to nut do
@  Vitamin Pwn : (19 October 2019 - 04:52 PM) you're not my supervisor, you dont tell me what to do
@  Maestro : (19 October 2019 - 12:36 PM) friendly reminder to report spambots :)
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 10:17 AM) Welcome to the forums, AnthonyKetle! :welcome: View AnthonyKetle's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 October 2019 - 08:24 AM) Welcome to the forums, NormanSof! :welcome: View NormanSof's Profile
@  Jack Of Harts : (19 October 2019 - 08:15 AM) Heyo
@  Akali : (18 October 2019 - 09:11 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II Thanks Boiiii. Throat is gone now though
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) @Zaguroth Hey man! How's it going?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:30 PM) @Akali Ok thanks, happy birthday bro <3
@  343iBot : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 AM) Welcome to the forums, ThomasBrin! :welcome: View ThomasBrin's Profile

Photo

Arbiter's role

Arbiter Campaign

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Mayh3m

Mayh3m

Instagram: acrossmedia.jp

• Legendary Members
  • 3,459 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Total Mayh3m
  • LocationSomewhere Roaming the Earth
   9       3    2          2                              

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

^

^

I just have to point this out..... Why was Arbiter even cloaking at the start of Halo 3 when he was right next to Chief? :)

He was scouting the area. That is a possibility.

Anyway, back on topic....

My problem is that Arbiter had no reason to be with Chief the whole way though, shouldn't he be leading his people in a time of crisis!?

Arbiter was not the leader of the Sanghelli at the time. He was a freaking arbiter... it was basically a suicide mission for him. He rebelled against the Prophets (who the sanghelli followed) and allied with the Chief for the common goal of killing them... etc.

He didn't even do anything during the game but walk with Chief and shoot stuff.....

Chief didn't even do anything in the game except for walk with Arbiter and shoot stuff... 

And before you say that is not a good point... what the heck are you doing playing destiny then? Those characters are super boring. You walk with your friends, and shoot things on maps that look exactly the same as the first time you played them. 

Heck, if you want to say that Arbiter was a pointless character, you might as well say that Johnson was also pointless... along with Capt. Keys.

Yep... hollow character 101.....

#didnotlearnanything

BvQbWbKIcAIqRwH.jpg

Luke 22:67 “If You are the Christ, tell us.”
But He said to them, “If I tell you, you will by no means believe.

#22 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

Ah, fresh meat! :D jk ^

The problem with Arbiter was that he contributed nothing to the story, apart from the ending cutscene. To be honest that is a problem in almost all Halo games. I feel a Halo games biggest weakness is its characters. They are never really developed, minus Cortana In H4 and Arbiter in H2 and finally Chief in H4 and that development never seems like actual dev it seems like forced dev. They dev because the story requires them to,nothing more.

I know I play Halo to shoot stuff but I hate it when characters like Arbiter are just wasted and could have been something more.

Why does Arbiter consider Chief a friend anyway? They talked to one another once at the start and it was uneasy. Then they never really talked to one another again.

In Halo 3 Arbiter should have talked more, had more of a role to play in the story like see him leading troops into battle. Developed as a character as it could be show that soon after Halo 2 the majority of his forces were decimated by the Covenant and he was forced into an uneasy alliance with he humans. By the end of the campaign he could have learned to accept humans and see how Humans and elites are not to different after all.

See him, proud to my the person who broke the Covenant, and he is hoping one day his people can be free from war etc

Just more to his character in H3 than just stand around and do nothing besides follow Chief for no good reason. 

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#23 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

You know, we have completely bypassed the topic at hand. This is what the Arbiter should be from here on out. Although, I guess you have stated what you wanted out of him now Caboose.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#24 Andycu5

Andycu5

Jackal

• Members
  • 6 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Andycu5

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Given that a fresh war with the Jiralhanae is imminent after the failed peace conferences on Ealen IV, and that the Sangheili are still plunged in a 50-way civil war composed of a ton of Covenant Remnant factions, I can't see Thel deciding to go out of his way to help Locke find Chief aside from a quick meeting between the two as opposed to continuing to work on uniting and defending his entire species.

The Halo Archive Awaits | "Those who pass judgement should first judge themselves"

#25 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Given that a fresh war with the Jiralhanae is imminent after the failed peace conferences on Ealen IV, and that the Sangheili are still plunged in a 50-way civil war composed of a ton of Covenant Remnant factions, I can't see Thel deciding to go out of his way to help Locke find Chief aside from a quick meeting between the two as opposed to continuing to work on uniting and defending his entire species.

50 way? Well someone certainly rattle someone's cage.

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#26 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Lol he's not far off. See the big factions that we know of in the civil war are the Arbiter's guys, the guys who think Sangheili should go back to their old ways (pre-covenant), and the covenant remnants. That along with all of the Sangheili families who smell a coup and want to make their families more powerful, as well as pretty much every Sangheili who wants a piece of the pie means it's one heck of a civil war.

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#27 Andycu5

Andycu5

Jackal

• Members
  • 6 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Andycu5

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

Perhaps I should have made it more clear that "50-way" is figurative rather than literal.

The Halo Archive Awaits | "Those who pass judgement should first judge themselves"

#28 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Ailean 117
  • LocationSydney

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

I would like to see Arbiter takes place as playable character in Halo 5: Guardians,just like in Halo 2.

Also I'd like to see him returns a favor to Chief because John helped him earlier.As I said before,I strongly believe Arbiter will have good role.He is an honorable and brave Sangheili.

Posted Image

Chief: It was my job to take care of you.
Cortana: We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did.

#29 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I hope the Arbiter's playable again. I enjoyed playing as him in Halo 2. One of my favorite characters.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#30 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

I hope the Arbiter's playable again. I enjoyed playing as him in Halo 2. One of my favorite characters.

What do you think,will Arbiter have a good role?I think he would have.

By remembering of previous games (Halo 2 & 3) he owes a favor to John.Otherwise Halo 5: Guardians could bring disappointing story.

Posted Image

#31 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

What do you think,will Arbiter have a good role?I think he would have.

By remembering of previous games (Halo 2 & 3) he owes a favor to John.Otherwise Halo 5: Guardians could bring disappointing story.

I don't think he owes him a debt that he needs to pay. Nothing really indicated that. He does count John a friend though, and I'm sure he'll stand by him.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#32 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

Yeah true,also I made a small mistake.I didn't mean he must pay a favor,although it maybe looked like I wrote that.

Since I strongly believe they are friends I think Arbiter needs to be good with John whatever happens in Halo 5.

Posted Image

#33 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

This has to be hundredth time..... :mad:

How the heck are Arbiter and Chief friends? does Chief even have friends? Blue team..... maybe.... but Arbiter, oh hell no!

Arbiter and Chief only had one conversation in H3 that had any meaning. And that was when Chief pointed a gun at him during the first mission ( technically second but whatever )

Then it was more Arbiter saying a one liner every once in a while that Chief never really responded to.

Yep, that is brilliant character dev right there! A true friendship is blooming! < sarcasm if you didn't notice.

And why is Arbiter even with Chief, as leader of the Separatists/Rebels should he not be with his people and not a bunch of humans.

Arbiter was just wasted in Halo 3 nothing more. There is no friendship between Arbiter and Chief.

#34 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Wow,always there with ''amazing'' comments.You're the lid on every pot.

Posted Image

#35 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

^

Thanks, I do try my best. :D

#36 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

There is no friendship between Arbiter and Chief.

You honestly can't say that. Their friendship is 100% canon. Mostly because Arbiter said "I even called him...friend."

That one statement blows yours out of the water.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#37 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

You honestly can't say that. Their friendship is 100% canon. Mostly because Arbiter said "I even called him...friend."

That one statement blows yours out of the water.

Happy because I'm not the only person who believes in that.After all it's not just about belief.It's about truth and something that stands between John and Arbiter.Prologue says everything,especially moment when Arbiter turns around and says:  ''I named him ally....even friend.''

Posted Image

#38 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

That is just because the majority of the Halo community believes Arby and Chief to be friends.

But they are not due to evidence in my post above. :)

#39 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • LocationSydney

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

That is just because the majority of the Halo community believes Arby and Chief to be friends.

But they are not due to evidence in my post above. :)

I don't like or watch kind of stories like ''Chief n Arby'' (maybe you love it).

Nobody said Chief and Arbiter are friends since they were born,or they have secret tree house to share their friendship and secrets about girls.Nobody said they're playing baseball down streets in some neighborhood.It is simple,John and Arbiter are friends for some different reasons.So don't except Arbiter will beat/kill Chief or conversely.Simply explained:

They already have each other's trust.

Posted Image

#40 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

^

They trust one another im sure, but Halo 3 implies no friendship between the two. :)

Whenever Arbiter tries to talk to Chief it goes like this.

"Truth is in that structure now we end this this" Arbiter

*Silence* Chief.

Yep, a real friendship.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arbiter, Campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users