Arbiter's role

depressant

In H3 he just sit in the side lines and pretty much was just with Chief just because.... :) I mean what did he actually say or do in H3? Almost nothing.

I don't think leading the Covenant Separatists, and killing the source of all his problems is nothing. It just seemed that way because he didn't have much to say. He knew his goal and what he had to do and got the job done, without much chatter, at least until near the end. I wouldn't say that he did almost nothing when humanity would have been vanquished without him and what he did.

With that said, he was in the background too much in Halo 3, and he needs to be less of support and more of his own guy again like in Halo 2. I also hope that since you will probably not be playing as Arbiter, that if you do Co-op the second character acts as him.

• Like 1

^ Your memory is confuzzeled, and all Arby fans out there are offended by your rude, inconsiderate, and false statements.

LOOK AT WHAT YO... Hold on, gotta make it extra serious. LOOK AT WHAT YOUR WORDS HAVE DONE! :) 

There, Perfect.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

^

Arby was there for co op..... what did he contribute to the story? or even say? like one line at the start and that is about it....

he was a awful hollow pointless character and a wasted one at that. :)

The Arbiter provided an incredible amount of insight into the workings of the Covenant. He assisted master Chief more than once in Halo 2 and 3 and proved to be a valuable asset after the UNSC-Covenant war by mediating peace. Just because he didn't become a one-man army like Chief doesn't mean he was a "hollow, pointless, and wasted" character.

• Like 1

No, Arby was interesting in Halo 2 never taken to his full potential but still interesting, he provided us insight in the Covenant. :)

Now you cannot defend Arbiter in Halo 3, he has no point in begin there are said before, he has so few lines, fewer than Master chief himself!

What meaningful thing does he do apart from shake Lord hoods hand? What does he contribute to the story?

Nothing, he was a wasted hollow character in Halo 3 and just seemed to be there because, he was in Halo 2 with no real reason why he was there.

What meaningful thing does he do apart from shake Lord hoods hand? What does he contribute to the story?

Nothing, he was a wasted hollow character in Halo 3 and just seemed to be there because, he was in Halo 2 with no real reason why he was there.

I don't see how someone full of hate and anger, and the longing for revenge against the source of that hate is a hollow character. I also have listed what he did, and every bit of it was meaningful. I don't see how any of what he did in Halo 3 was meaningless.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

I think it's most likely for him to return in Halo 5, judging by the trailer shown at E3 this year. He could be Player 2 like how it was back in Halo 3. I'm sure he'll play a pretty big role in Halo 5 because of how long it's been since him and the Chief have worked together and the formation of the Covenant Remnant, also known as the Storm Covenant. I'm pretty sure he's still leading the Sangheili so we'll be seeing more of them too.

In all honesty, I can not say what role the Arbiter will play in Halo 5: Guardians. He could be helping Agent Locke, Agent Locke could be looking for the Arbiter, Agent Locke could be trying to kill the Arbiter or Agent Locke and the Arbiter are going to find Master Chief. It really is impossible to say right now.

In all honesty, I can not say what role the Arbiter will play in Halo 5: Guardians. He could be helping Agent Locke, Agent Locke could be looking for the Arbiter, Agent Locke could be trying to kill the Arbiter or Agent Locke and the Arbiter are going to find Master Chief. It really is impossible to say right now.

We'll see about that. :)

rrhuntington.....

You are missing my point.....

What did he even do in Halo 3! Besides tagging along with Master chief for no good reason, he had less lines than the Chief himself.  :)

What did you want him to do? Talk more? If you had a problem with him not speaking, then that's one thing. That does not however mean he didn't do anything, because he did! If that's not it then I just don't get your point, I'm sorry.

He was with chief to protect earth (mostly because Truth was on Earth) and when they we're on the ark his goals were kill Truth, and stop the flood on Installation 4B. Stopping the flood, and killing your most hated enemy is no good reason?

Edited by rrhuntington

^

^

I just have to point this out..... Why was Arbiter even cloaking at the start of Halo 3 when he was right next to Chief? :)

Anyway, back on topic....

My problem is that Arbiter had no reason to be with Chief the whole way though, shouldn't he be leading his people in a time of crisis!?

He didn't even do anything during the game but walk with Chief and shoot stuff.....

Yep... hollow character 101.....

^

^

I just have to point this out..... Why was Arbiter even cloaking at the start of Halo 3 when he was right next to Chief? :)

My problem is that Arbiter had no reason to be with Chief the whole way though, shouldn't he be leading his people in a time of crisis!?

He didn't even do anything during the game but walk with Chief and shoot stuff.....

I'm done.

#Hollowcharacter2007 #AwfulLeader #Arbiterisworstcharacter #Sidekick #Idon'tgethow

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

^

^

He was scouting the area. That is a possibility.

Arbiter was not the leader of the Sanghelli at the time. He was a freaking arbiter... it was basically a suicide mission for him. He rebelled against the Prophets (who the sanghelli followed) and allied with the Chief for the common goal of killing them... etc.

Chief didn't even do anything in the game except for walk with Arbiter and shoot stuff... 

And before you say that is not a good point... what the heck are you doing playing destiny then? Those characters are super boring. You walk with your friends, and shoot things on maps that look exactly the same as the first time you played them. 

Heck, if you want to say that Arbiter was a pointless character, you might as well say that Johnson was also pointless... along with Capt. Keys.

#didnotlearnanything

Ah, fresh meat! :D jk ^

The problem with Arbiter was that he contributed nothing to the story, apart from the ending cutscene. To be honest that is a problem in almost all Halo games. I feel a Halo games biggest weakness is its characters. They are never really developed, minus Cortana In H4 and Arbiter in H2 and finally Chief in H4 and that development never seems like actual dev it seems like forced dev. They dev because the story requires them to,nothing more.

I know I play Halo to shoot stuff but I hate it when characters like Arbiter are just wasted and could have been something more.

Why does Arbiter consider Chief a friend anyway? They talked to one another once at the start and it was uneasy. Then they never really talked to one another again.

In Halo 3 Arbiter should have talked more, had more of a role to play in the story like see him leading troops into battle. Developed as a character as it could be show that soon after Halo 2 the majority of his forces were decimated by the Covenant and he was forced into an uneasy alliance with he humans. By the end of the campaign he could have learned to accept humans and see how Humans and elites are not to different after all.

See him, proud to my the person who broke the Covenant, and he is hoping one day his people can be free from war etc

Just more to his character in H3 than just stand around and do nothing besides follow Chief for no good reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

Given that a fresh war with the Jiralhanae is imminent after the failed peace conferences on Ealen IV, and that the Sangheili are still plunged in a 50-way civil war composed of a ton of Covenant Remnant factions, I can't see Thel deciding to go out of his way to help Locke find Chief aside from a quick meeting between the two as opposed to continuing to work on uniting and defending his entire species.

Given that a fresh war with the Jiralhanae is imminent after the failed peace conferences on Ealen IV, and that the Sangheili are still plunged in a 50-way civil war composed of a ton of Covenant Remnant factions, I can't see Thel deciding to go out of his way to help Locke find Chief aside from a quick meeting between the two as opposed to continuing to work on uniting and defending his entire species.

50 way? Well someone certainly rattle someone's cage.