What happened?

Spartan9316

http://youtu.be/_rWciV_WBh8

We used to have awesome bad ass action cartoons like Samurai Jack and the Clone Wars. What happened? Are action cartoons no longer profitable?

Microsoft sees Halo as a cash cow that needs to be milked for all it's worth. They got two award winning directors to produce their own separate Halo series. Perhaps 343 should look into making a Halo animated series.

• Like 1

I don't know, I assume that it was a profitable business but it's all about really bad comedy cartoons now. I assume that they thought things like Star Wars The Clone Wars were too violent for kids, which is extremely unfortunate because me being a die hard Star Wars fan remember both of the films in that animated series to be pretty good :). And yes what N3wsnut said is completely true, there is a Halo action animated series. I do wish they could bring back hand animated action films such as Samurai Jack and Star Wars: The Clone Wars though, they were so awesome :D!

Star Wars Clone Wars was great, but it wasn't the last good Star Wars series. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-2014) was a great series and, in my opinion, better than the older animated series.

I know I'm not going to be able to enjoy Star Wars: Rebels the way I liked The Clone Wars, I'll still watch it, but The Clone Wars was a recent and great animated series. So to answer your first question, great cartoons still exist, but are few and far in between.

As for Halo getting an animated series, I wouldn't be against it unless it meant we couldn't get a live-action series. (Which is something I've really come to prefer for a war type of genre)

Halo: Nightfall will be releasing in the future and I'm very excited for it. I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

I like how Halo is the cash cow, but Star Wars is the cool example.

The franchise probably doesn't have the appropriate audience for an action cartoon.

Adult cartoons have been made. Cartoon Network has Adult Swim.

Here is one cartoon that has aired on Adult Swim and yes people do get shot.

Adult cartoons have been made. Cartoon Network has Adult Swim.

Here is one cartoon that has aired on Adult Swim and yes people do get shot.

I didn't mention anything about adults. Just because the cartoons can be made for adults does not mean that Halo's audience is appropriate for such a thing.

I have no idea how much of Halo Legends 8 millionish box office revenue is actually profit but the reviews were generally mixed feelings. 4.5 years have gone be since that was released and there hasn't been a word about doing another. I'm sure they have brought the topic up before and obviously it isn't something they want to do at the moment.

And you must know, the Halo crowd is a bunch of 12 years old anyways. :)

Edited by WonderWombat