What improvements would you like to see for a Halo Wars 2?

Buns

Basically as the title says. 

I for one would love to see not only the addition of new units, factions, commanders, etc 

But a Forge mode with the ability to create your own RTS maps. Even Space Combat portions where the cruisers act as mobile bases. 

A Co-Op esque mode would also be lovely. Imagine working with your buddies fighting in a huge map against waves of flood. 

However one of my more bigger hopes is a nearly unlimited troop count and bigger maps/6v6 lobby counts. I would love to just have one seemingly big war with all of you. It would give new meaning to TGFW.

Anyways discuss your ideas down below!

• Like 2

imagine this: space to ground combat :drool: oh wait Halo Wars 2? lol what am I thinking putting Star Wars Battlefront ideas down :o.

I would like to see campaign wise what happened to the SoF's crew and larger maps since it'll be on current gen if it comes out and bigger maps mean more players!

I would like to see more freedom in building, Halo wars had standard places to put down your base, leaving no room for strategic placement.

The other thing I would like to see is a first person cam for units. I mean that would be really cool, seeing the same thing your units see.

But on of the thing I would really like to see is smaller missions in terms of the Dawn of war games from warhammer 40k. One moment you have gigantic battles, the other moment you are guiding a squad of spartan through a covenant carrier.

And well no complains here about the cgi.

I want to be able to zoom out to view the whole map, and position my view as close to the ground as possible. I hate having to scroll everywhere when zooming out would've fixed it.

I wanna see PVP, but the same way it's done in regular FPS MP. Like on Ragnarok you control one tower and deploy Spartans and etc. Also a game mode like Horde, or Firefight where you get like 3 bases and have to hold out for multiple waves. A potential boss could be Covenant Cruiser preparing to glass you.

MAC Cannons. Those gigantic Railgun things from Halo Reach and 4.

Promethean and Flood control (like Gears 3 Beast Mode).

Lastly a bad guy Campaign to introduce the alternative factions to the player. OH and army customization like normal MP customization in the FPS Games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought Halo Wars was a great game and I'd like to see a sequel. I con only think of three major things I'd like to see improved upon.

Improved Graphics - This is not for cut-scenes, those graphics were great. The in-game graphics could be improved.

Space Battles - I'm sure many of us would like to see space warfare. In the books, lots of the combat is fought in space. They could use the books as a place to start for this.

New enemies - Prometheans? Or a more advanced Flood/Rebel A.I.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Once I graduate from college, you can definitely expect a sequel to Halo Wars. When I graduate from college, I will post a reply about it here. Cerulean and Shinya Kogami, that's some amazing advice. Oh, and TK 666, I have one of the old Xbox models that the original Halo: Combat Evolved and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 were released on. Star Wars Battlefront 2 is an awesome game, especially the space combat. Piloting the Droid gunships or Y-wing bombers was truly amazing! I also played as the Droideka quite frequently, hence my gamertag. My Star Wars Battlefront 2 messed up because I played it too much, bummer. My original Halo: Combat Evolved also messed up, however, I located and bought an Anniversary edition Halo: Combat Evolved. The only thing I miss about the original Halo: Combat Evolved is its multiplayer. Coordinating things so we meet in person at a location we all can easily travel to is an excellent idea, too. :secret: Seriously, they made the shotgun too under-powered in the subsequent sequels to the original Halo: Combat Evolved, so the Anniversary edition is the only one with an adequately powered shotgun. :halo: post-84787-0-87372700-1413836599_thumb.jpg

post-84787-0-96997600-1413837037_thumb.jpgExpect the rebels a.k.a. Insurrectionists (Innies) to make a dramatic appearance. I already plan on it. There'll be at least two campaigns, one for UNSC and one for Insurrection. Of that as well, there is no doubt. I own paperback or Kindle versions of some of the Halo books, including the graphic novel with the story of Sergeant Johnson titled Breaking Quarantine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Planetary multiplayer kind of like planetside with the separate battles. Ability to chose your class land or space and. Fight your way if your better at one of the two. Tech trees like infantry or antitank. Flood, human, and covenant campaign. Forerunner vs. Flood expansion with limited numbers so you really feel like you are at the edge of being defeated. Special powers if your side of the war is losing like glassing a planet or building the UNSC Infinity for an edge to get your team back in the fight.

Ability to build any structure anywhere (as long as it can fit).

I love RTS - one of my most played games ever is an RTS - Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-king. 

Thing is, RTS is weird on console...on PC it can be really challenging and fast.

Guest Autothinking

Forge Mode make custom maps

Tower defense maps multiplayer and offline

Bulid anywhere possibly

Space mode

Keep the Leaders

4 vs 4

3 vs 3

2 vs 2

1 vs 1

Party Teams as well

Rank Skill as well

Human Race

add cortana

add more custom things like halo Spartan armor selection

paint wartogs etc... custom

possible leaders build

Covenant Race

Halo 4 Race Prometheans

The Swarm Race

The old maps re-made

past players played with in the menu of the game

Story mode with skulls and black boxes

Guest kody ray

I think for the game itself it was perfect a lot of people feeling like they want more because it exploded in people's expectations so I think all it would need is a wider variety of units more upgrades different leader specialties and more detail and control over not special units

I am a HUGE fan of halo war along with all of the halo franchise. In my opinion halo wars needs a few key things

1. The ability to place bases wherever you choose on the map

2. More options for strategy I.e the ability to place heavy turrets anywhere (maybe ever fire them down from ship like spirit of fire)

3. And lastly unlimited or very large troop limit, hard to feel like your commanding an army with only 30 population limit and tanks and such take more than one population

this being said I love the original still play it to this day and would be so excited if it got a sequel I might even buy multiple copies (by the way I think it should be on next gen platforms for added graphics and mechanics)