Playing as a Spartan 2

Dwingz

Thorne mentions in his notebook that Spartan-III's were even more ghostlier than Spartan-II's, receiving just about no mention at all in general intel as opposed to Spartan-II's, who were publicly revealed to act as a morale booster for the humans and also so they can actually participate in military operations as opposed to being a shady black ops team, like Noble Team, or suicide squads.

So no, their service record won't clearly mention their S-III past. 

Actually the Military does this thing called record keeping. Heck even the modern day Military does it.

Anyone with the right clearance will know the service record of any solider. For example a Fresh Recruit won't have access to the entire service record MC but the CINCONI will have access.(being an ONI Spook and all)

I never said "general intel" I said "service record". I never said the general public has clearance to the S-III information. I merely said that while the S-III's become S-IV's their service record* will state their past.

*- Those with a high enough clearance

Although I see where you misunderstood me. Next time I'll make a better effort to clarifying myself. 

Actually the Military does this thing called record keeping. Heck even the modern day Military does it.

Anyone with the right clearance will know the service record of any solider. For example a Private won't have access to the service record MC but the CINCONI will have access.(being an ONI Spook and all)

I never said "general intel" I said "service record". I never said the general public has clearance to the S-III information.

And surely we can trust Oni for keeping that stuff completely 100% up to date and legit right?

And surely we can trust Oni for keeping that stuff completely 100% up to date and legit right?

You're talking about the people who successfully managed to kidnap dozens of Children after spending months(or was it years?) of surveillance to determine who were the best suited for the S-II program. 

You're also talking about 500 years in the future where we have A.I that can think like humans(being that they're created from a human brain and all) and a variety of other improvements to general infrastructure. So yes. I trust that if our modern day society can manage record keeping and keep a relatively low error margin then a fictional society 500 years in the future can do the same with little error. Can they keep it up 100? No. Can they keep track of all the S-III's? Of course. You're talking about their prized disposable super soldiers. They were in a time of war and needed every single resource they can get. One S-III can easily change the tide of a battle so of course they're going to do their best to keep tabs on them. 

Although I completely miss the point. Are you saying ONI forget some of their S-III's? Or are you implying ONI just erased all traces of those files? 

Actually, yeah. Oni doesn't lose records, they classify them. They also don't falsify records either. The punishment for doing so is worse than the punishment for leaking those records.

Even in real life we see instances where it would seem that intelligence agencies should have forgot to keep records of things. The CIA's involvement in the Bay of Pigs as well as the NSA's Operation Prism are two shining examples of this. Intelligence agencies keep very detailed records of what they do and when they do it.

Also, in Halo Reach Noble 6's Service Record was discussed. Noble 6 was a Spartan III.