As the title says, this is an attempted full recap of the Halo panel at Gamescom, Day 1.

First up it's the Halo Channel

Screenshot of Lock's Character profile on the Halo Channel

AbRsSQH.png

The Halo Channel offers features such as watching Halo: Nightfall episodes, Live Streams from Pro Gamers such as Walshy (and probably other players), personal Twitch Streams, Halo Bulletins, and behind the scenes vids on the games/live-action.

I also want to point out that these aren't particularly "confirmed" information:

- There seemingly are Polls in the Halo Channel that allow users to specify what they want to see in future Bulletins (or something else entirely).

- Character, Vehicle, Weapons, & etc profiles (like Lock's profile above) like you would see on Halo Waypoint.

- 343 Industries Twitter feeds, and probable personal feeds are also present.

- Forward Unto Dawn is viewable just like Nightfall.

- There are 5 awards you un... locke (see what I did ther?) from watching the Halo: Nightfall episodes. Such as the Halo: MCC Swarm Skull, which doubles Hunter damage, and triples their health.

- Halo Channel is integrated into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, but might be a separate app like Waypoint on 360.

- Something called "ONI Eyes" shows up along with other unlocks, and it makes me think they are hidden ONI Symbols in the Channel on Nightfall or something.

- The Halo Channel will be available for Windows 8 Tablets, Windows 8 PCs (I think), and of course Xbox One (as an App or just in the MCC I'm not sure of).

Next up is the Halo 5: Guardians Beta First Look.

Halo 2's Midship is a remake for the Beta (and seemingly for Halo 5: Guardians as well)

Gamescom-2014-Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplay

Unease P34nut has the full recap here:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/37214-the-halo-channel-announced-along-with-the-halo-5-guardians-beta-date/

The Beta will be run for 3 weeks: from December 29th to January 18th.

Conveniently tabbed information about the Beta:

- Focused on 4v4 Arena combat (a return to the old legacy Arena gameplay from the previous Halos).
- 7 playable maps (small-oriented: Midship being one of these maps), and 3 "modes" (gametypes probably).
- 11 different sandbox weapons and 7 armor sets (in the trailer a mix of armor was shown. Aviator & Defender were highlights along with... the Halo 4 Chief MK 6 armor? It lacked the actual Helmet though).

6 weapons were featured in the video, leaving 5 weapons un-accounted for. The SMG was a fully rendered weapon along with all the other weapons.

- Assault Rifle
- BR (Reflex Attachment Scope, instead of that other Boxy one)
- Sniper Rifle
- SMG
- DMR
- Some weird looking Rocket Launcher (does not look like the regular Rocket Launcher, so it may be something else).

The Energy Sword was not mentioned at all, or shown with the other rendered weapons, but Edward Kenway pointed out to me that it seems to be present in the Beta Video.

This is apparently the Energy Sword. Now it can't be a Hologram since the platform is easy to jump onto, and the Midship picture above shows that the "Hologram" is gone, implying that someone picked up the Sword... so is this what the Energy Sword looks like in the Halo 5 Beta? 

OtCjXdg.png

Aviator, and the apparent Halo 4 MK 6 variant (not the Halo 3 version), with a different unknown helmet  & gauntlets (Raider?)

pOUpnJ5.png

- Particular items in the Beta can be unlocked and carried into the full Halo 5: Guardians game. What they may be is not certain.
- Fair starts for all Spartans. No apparent Loadouts.

Lastly, we have the Sanctuary MCC reveal (Sanctuary is Reach's Asylum)

Sanctuary Gameplay Video. Thanks to Ardent Prayer for pointing this out. The weapon audio is fantasitc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSs6Baec4M

Screenshot of H2A Sanctuary 

gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-establi

Comparison between the original Halo 2, and H2A Sanctuary

7TU4gwf.png

Within the video I found these things to be apparent:

- Halo 4 had Ordinance waypoints that could be seen from across the map. H2A will feature waypoints, but they can only be seen from close up, and seem to be for every weapon just laying around.

- When starting out you are given the option of choosing a "Weapon Set" by pressing Y.

UPDATE: Halo4Nation revealed that Weapon Sets are essentially Loadouts, albeit lacking the customization featured in Halo 4. Seems exactly like Reach.

Full screenshot of the Weapon Set menu

Plasma-Rifle.jpg

SMG Loadout

SMG1.jpg

Magnum Loadout

Pistol-2.jpg

These seem to be tailored for Dual Wielding, and not specifically Two-Handed weapons. The option to start with Stickies may sour some people: hell choosing from a "Weapon Set" might even turn people off.

But we have to remember that there are multiple Gametypes in H2A, and maybe this one is a mode that is similar to Halo 4/Reach. Maybe we will be seeing more classic modes akin to the Arena bare-bones starts everyone's been clamoring for.

Halo4Nation mentions that Sanctuary, like the rest of the H2A remakes, will feature dynamic interactive elements.

UPDATE: Ledgend1221 says that the dynamic events were shown in the Live Stream on Sanctuary, and Ardent Prayer directed me to a video that shows this firsthand (which is in the video above).

Each base has a Red Light hanging underneath the roof, and when shot activates some waterfalls that blocks sightlines into, and outside of the bases. Though you can still shoot, and move through the waterfall.

The waterfall. The bottom picture shows the view from inside the base

Dee84c0.jpg

The ranking system for MCC was mentioned somewhere (probably in the full panel, which HaloFollower has on his profile... which I don't feel like linking since it's not the official post), and I think P34nut has it on his thread.

Soo colorful...

H2-Ranks.jpg

And last, but not least, we have the Delta Halo Campaign Gameplay (Ardent Prayer).

Welp I'll try to get some more information, but for now this is it. Thanks to P34nut, Ledgend1221, Edward Kenway, and Ardent Prayer for a good chunk of the information. :)

- - - - -

Thoughts?

Sources: Halo4Nation.com, Unease P34nutLedgend1221, Edward Kenway, Ardent Prayer

http://halo4nation.com/master-chief-collection/halo-master-chief-collection-ranking-system-unveiled/

http://halo4nation.com/halo-5-2/halo-5-guardians-beta-first-look/

http://halo4nation.com/master-chief-collection/sanctuary-halo-2-anniversary-map-announced/

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/37214-the-halo-channel-announced-along-with-the-halo-5-guardians-beta-date/

• Like 5

Halo 5 Guardians looks amazing so far. The Spartans are so shiiiiny. The weapons look awesome also.

Sanctuary! Yes! I loved that map and I'm psyched that it's back!

Oh and I found a Sanctuary gameplay video that shows a lot of the remastered weapons in Halo 2 Anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPSs6Baec4M

And Delta Halo:

Edited by Ardent Prayer
  • Like 2

The blue spartans helmet looks sorta like Freds from Escalation.

the gameplay looks quite nice the H5 beta looks very H4ish but improved, hopefully the armor is as well.The Defender armor looked the same as 4

I forgot about Escalation for a bit. lol

It does look like Fred's armor, but I'm gunning for it being Raider or something. I'm not ruling out it being a MK 6 Sub-Variant though.

Oh and I found a Sanctuary gameplay video that shows a lot of the remastered weapons in Halo 2 Anniversary...

That audio...  :drool:

• Like 1