MCC PC listing misfire? + Halo Mouse

Today (August 2nd) Amazon.es (Spanish-Español... I don't know if they did the same thing on the regular Amazon) it seems they accidentally listed Halo: The Master Chief Collection as being for PC as well as Xbox One. They were quick to take off the PC label, but everyone knows... you post it, people instantly grab it: SegmentNext being one of those groups.

SegmentNext's image of the listing. Right below the MCC name is the Platforms, and PC is included there.

Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-PC.jpg

Then a look at the page with the PC name taken off. That yellow crap is just there to put emphasis on it.

Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-PC-1.pn

According to SegmentNext, this did not get a page for a PC listing: which means it was probably a glitch or error in the system.

Now, I know what your thinking, "Hey Pinky this is TOTALLY PHOTOSHOP!!!" and I can understand that. It would be easy to put a pixelized PC beside the Xbox One name... but... here's the thing. Yes, it could be a Glitch, and YES it could be edited, but what if this is real? SegmentNext stated that GTA V got the same glitch, and it turned out to be true for PC (though I don't keep up with GTA). Have some of that!

What seems even more strange is...

Microsoft on July 31st revealed a Master Chief Mouse for official sale in October, as Gamespot covered.

2614173-halo+mouse2.jpg

Quoting Gamespot:

"Strangely, considering the target demographic for this is presumably people who play games and are fans of Halo, this is not a gaming mouse. The 3500 is a fairly run-of-the-mill wireless mouse that carries an MSRP of $30, but is sold for as little as $16 on Amazon if you're willing to make do with one whose color is officially described as "Loch Ness Gray."

"By most accounts it's a fine mouse, but it lacks the sort of gamer-centric features you'd expect from one that carries the Halo branding. Even something as simple as extra side buttons (the 3500 has only the two in addition to its mouse wheel) that I can't imagine living without are nowhere to be found."

"Microsoft claims the mouse lasts up to eight months with a single AA battery, offers a slot for transporting its USB receiver, and uses the company's BlueTrack Technology. This is said to provide "remarkable tracking on virtually any surface" including carpet, though it won't work on mirrors or clear glass."

Now I know there is probably a crapton of Halo merchandise for PCs at this point, but I found this correlation to be somewhat... non coincidental. As of now I have not seen official Halo related PC accessories except Desktop Wallpaper.

The MC Mouse is somewhat generic, and seemingly not fit for hardcore gaming (though I can manage pretty well with a regular mouse, but I'm not a hardcore PC gamer), but WHY announce a Halo Mouse at this point when there is allot of PC clamoring for the MCC? Which you stated like 1000 times is not making it's debut? I don't see the logic here.

Sadly this could be just Microsoft doing what Microsoft does: Selling stuff. There is possibly no regard to the Master Chief Collection with this Mouse. Sad but true... but we can hope.

So. What do you think? Trolling? Glitches? PHOTOSHOP!? Crack those skulls open, and give me them thoughts!

Sources: Gamespot, SegmentNext

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-30-halo-themed-pc-mouse-is-oddly-not-a-gaming-/1100-6421427/

http://segmentnext.com/2014/08/02/halo-master-chief-collection-listed-pc-amazon-doesnt-make-sense/

Ehhh I am not buying it.

This is like when we saw Halo 3 on the leaked Steam database images and that was MONTHS ago. Still no news on that.

Not to mention MS is trying to sell their console, and i highly doubt they will even give a glint of hope this will be coming to PC Anytime soon.

Also why on the "Spanish" Amazon when it should be running on the security and protocols as all other Amazons. What makes the "Spanish" Amazon so unique that the leak was only on there?

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE Halo MCC on PC, but I don't see that happening till the release of Windows 9. That way they can make Halo MCC PC a Windows 9 Exclusive, and sell their OS. The current expected release of Windows 9 is April 2015 I believe. 

EDIT: Also the picture can be easily photoshopped, but you already discussed that. Not to mention the reason the Halo mouse could exist be that MS created this "mouse" but their market research determined it wouldn't sell very well so all that R&D that went into developing would have gone to waste. Rather then just drop it, they decided it would be a good idea to brand it as a "Halo Mouse" which makes it even easier to sell. Heck I might even buy one now. 

• Like 2

Ehhh I am not buying it.

This is like when we saw Halo 3 on the leaked Steam database images and that was MONTHS ago. Still no news on that.

Not to mention MS is trying to sell their console, and i highly doubt they will even give a glint of hope this will be coming to PC Anytime soon.

Also why on the "Spanish" Amazon when it should be running on the security and protocols as all other Amazons. What makes the "Spanish" Amazon so unique that the leak was only on there?

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE Halo MCC on PC, but I don't see that happening till the release of Windows 9. That way they can make Halo MCC PC a Windows 9 Exclusive, and sell their OS. The current expected release of Windows 9 is April 2015 I believe. 

Well since it's a different language, I would think different people run Amazon.es. Like some sort of department or something. You want at least a good translator to decipher English Amazon for Spanish Amazon. And you have to remember that there could be any number of things messing with the MCC page to cause a PC label to show up. Hackers, Glitches, and maybe even a legit PC listing.

And this does not mean MCC is getting an impending PC announcement anytime soon. I'm just saying this might hint at it. Microsoft is probably playing their cards with the Xbox MCC first, and then when it's all said and done, and Xbox One get's allot of sails, THEN they might announce a PC version.

This is simply one of the cases where the retailer is wrong. Some guy probably accidentally put PC as one of the platforms when he saw Microsoft or something. I really really doubt 343 would blatantly lie about it not being on PC.

Edited by WonderWombat