343i 40th Weekly Community Poll

Buns

Welcome to the 40th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

The previous week I asked whether all of you would like to see the return of old PvE modes or some new ones. The response was great let us view the winner below:

A new PvE mode! Let us see what mastermind JL had to say

A new PvE that combines elements of both Firefight and Spops into something new, innovative and enjoyable.

Being able to forge an environment and script events and enemies so it's basically a campaign? Have the 343i-made PvE gametypes be story-based?

This week with all the awesome Comic Con news. The question must be asked!

For Halo: Nightfall. Do you want the flood to return or for this to be a brand new threat entirely?

halonightfall1_1020.jpg

I advise watching the trailer before voting! Make sure to leave your thoughts along with your vote down below!

Deadline: 8/03/2014 @ 9pm EST

Thank you so much for participating in this weeks poll.

See you all next week!  :horse:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to this or next weeks poll? Message Bnus

• Like 5

I would like to see the Flood make a come back because they were Awesome and Fantastic to kill also I would like to see the Gravemind to since that was the ultimate form of the Flood if I am not mistaken. Also if they make a comeback I hope that they make them harder to kill so they won't be easy to kill just like the other Halo games.

What I think will happen is that it'll be something completely different to the flood. It's stated to be some sort of an element.

I would like to see the flood return, they'll return anyway. They can't all be eradicated. I'm not so sure about seeing them return in Halo: Nightfall though.

I'd like to and expect to see something new in Halo: Nightfall, or something that isn't necessarily new, but not the flood.

It can't be the Flood for a couple of reasons.

1. This is on Installation 04 I believe. It was the only Halo ring to be broken into segments, when the ring faced it's destruction, nothing could have survived that. Human, Covenant, or Flood.

2. They stated it as an element that targets humans specifically. If it was Flood, then it would've targeted any living thing around it to resume spreading.

Great question Stinky!

I'd like to see the Flood return in this new series. Not only do the Flood provide a scary, apocalyptic type feel when they appear on the screen, but they grow in power with every new being they possess. This makes for a ton of Flood variations and awesome combinations. So my vote goes to the Flood.

1. This is on Installation 04 I believe. It was the only Halo ring to be broken into segments, when the ring faced it's destruction, nothing could have survived that. Human, Covenant, or Flood.

2. They stated it as an element that targets humans specifically. If it was Flood, then it would've targeted any living thing around it to resume spreading.

1. They said the ring performed a slipspace jump and ended up in a very very bad place.(Frank O Connor said this in the Comic Con panel)

2. Someone hasn't read the Forerunner trilogy. Read it then you would know the flood can choose who they want to infect. They're smarter then just "kill everything zombies"

you just got de-BUNked.

Don't question the forum mastermind of Halo lore, or you will face the same fate as the Forerunners. 

1. They said the ring performed a slipspace jump and ended up in a very very bad place.(Frank O Connor said this in the Comic Con panel)

2. Someone hasn't read the Forerunner trilogy. Read it then you would know the flood can choose who they want to infect. They're smarter then just "kill everything zombies"

you just got de-BUNked.

Don't question the forum mastermind of Halo lore, or you will face the same fate as the Forerunners. 

...Damn.

*smackdown*

Edited by Ardent Prayer
  • Like 1

I do want the Flood to return... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

I want to see a much more varied and smart flood, especially in their castes. Think about it, we've never seen a Flood Grunt, a Flood Jackal, a Flood Hunter, or a Flood Engineer, however it would make a ton of sense as DNA has nothing to do with who the parasite latches to! Hell, let's see some Ancient Forerunner Flood escape the facility and have them rise again, or Promethean Flood! As well, I would like to see the Flood EVOLVE to form their own host bodies, like what happens with the Lambent in Gears of War. Imagine a PURE flood form! Flood weapons! Flood vehicles (We've already seen the Flood pods in Halo 3, they can obviously control vehicles). As well, I'd like to see another Gravemind, possibly one more calculated and cold, sort of like the Flood Didact.

The flood should not return. The old crutch should leave Halo allowing other fiends to arise. 

The whole thing should focus on new Fore runner technology, the ancestors and new races. There are older and far better technology than the fore runners. The story should not stay there. The world of Halo should grow on other directions than the Fore Runners, Covenant and the Flood. The flood had a chance and it was well addressed in three games. It is time to move on and try other ideas. 

The flood has to return it's one of the main reasons why halo is halo the only thing is that they couldn't infect several species and there are flood specimens on the over halos and their known state is unknown so there could be a gravemind some where, anyway my vote goes to the flood all they need is to be able to infect every specie thats it. Aswell as how they are able to control human/ covie vehicles

If there is no Flood with Ridley Scott, then that's an opportunity I'm sad we won't get to see.

I do want them in Nightfall as they can be as horrifying in a movie just like they were in the first game. If they are set up right of course. This whole talk of elements has slightly spurred my curiosity, into whether it is actually flood or something different.

If they do put the flood in it, then I think it will be a treat to watch someone get infected alive in the movie.

• Like 1