What are your thoughts and opinions about the Destiny Beta?

Ghost Recon

My thoughts and opinions about the Destiny Beta is that it is a Excellent and Fantastic game to play since it is still in the Beta test mode. I also like how you get to travel to other places on the Earth and also the Crucible is a grat Multiplayer mode to play on with other players also the Iron Banner reminds me of Territories, also Capture the Flag from the Halo series. Also the Ghost reminds me of 343 Guilty Spark also known as the monitor. Also I like how you get to look for chests to get Glimmer, Armor, and sometime Weapons to. Also I wish the Moon would stay unlocked more so you can keep on playing it just like Earth. Also I like how you get to play in Events and earn stuff from them.

What are your thoughts and opinions of the Beta?

I generally like the campaign overall. The story has a great setting and plot. 

What do I not like? Glimmer, it promotes you to play more Crucible than the actual story. Not that I'm saying there isn't glimmer in the story-line, but it's just harder to find and comes in really small quantities compared to what you can get in one Crucible match. 

Favorite thing so far? Sparrows and Ships. Though the Ships may be just for looks, as far as I have seen them been used, they still give you different options to suit your desire. Sparrows, I like their general customization of both different color options as well as durability and speed. It also gives you the sense that you get your own 'car'. It's very nice and soothing.

The game was built around the campaign experience and not the multiplayer (crucible). The campaign as far as I am concerned is pretty interesting. They used the same format as Halo though: Space theme, AI to guide you, shield that protects you before you die, unique vehicles (that look like they were placed together with LEGO's), versatile weapons with specific shot bursts, etc.

The two thing I did like very much were the motion tracker. The MT design didn't exactly sow you their position, it gave you a general idea of how close they were and what direction they were coming from. The upgrade feature was nice as you could buy or scavenge items to use.

The Multiplayer was CoD with Halo/Titanfall (controls) themes masked over. You have a primary weapon, a secondary, and a power weapon to start. You only have ammo for your starting weapon however and you must scavenge for ammo for the other two.  Game modes: I played control (with Fishy) and it is not much different than Domination from the Call of Duty franchise. The idea is good... but it to me the multiplayer is Bungies way of saying: Here is a Halo/CoD style game that you all wanted! 

Regardless of the similarities of the games, I think it certainly has potential to be a great game.

Overall summary:

Great Campaign

Typical Multiplayer (as in nothing new)

Unique Ideas

Basically... it is not super revolutionary in my books.

If I had to give a star rating, I would say roughly 7.8/10 - 8.2/10.

• Like 1

Like Mayh3m said I found the story superior to the MP as it was nothing majorly new or innovative  the campaign was I guess like your typical MMO/RPG with Borderlands thrown in there as in an FPS/MMO/RPG taking quests and what not. the random events are quite cool as most people in the server come running in to back you up against something like that tank. The sparrow is nice though it would have been cooler if it had weapons on it.

After playing the beta for a while I agree that the campaign is where it is at. The Crucible was just plain old bad for me. The vehicles are game breaking and even though they "averaged out" damage for weapons and player health your personal selection of weapon, be it shotgun, auto-rifle... and so on, changes how that damage is applied. It could be all at once (like the pre-nerf boltshot) or so slowly that you cant keep up with anybody. That isnt even touching the powers you are able to use in there. Those on their own mess so many things up. Oh and lets not forget the class's unique features such as the Titan's ability to absorb more damage than others. The Warlock's ability to recharge health and shields faster. All of which need major balancing before I would even consider playing it again.

That rant aside, as I said and others have said, the campaign is where it is at. But you cant just take it as simply the missions. I found huge enjoyment in the free roaming that you were able to do. Being able to save a player who is getting swarmed or even reviving them on the fly. Interacting with other players in the community events was always fun. Trying to chase down targets to kill was a thrill. The Devil Walker fights were also a pleasure, requiring skill and nerve. Finding every nook and cranny out there for chests and dead ghosts is a lot of work but also rewarding. The views you can get of the environment are breath taking.

The Campaign so far has a nice depth to it and the beta didn't give too much away but, still kept a lot hidden. I wish there was a way to search for a fire team for story missions like you can for Strike missions but, I'm sure when the game drops I won't have an issue with getting friends to join up with.

The Crucible I thought was very fun. It was similar to Halo but, with a nice twist cause of the Supers. Gear and class specific perks didn't play a part unless you did Iron Banner. I never noticed having a harder time killing Titans compared to Warlocks or Hunters. The only time a Titan is harder to kill is when they're using Fist of Havoc. And the boost to their health is only slight and it barely increases when you get the perk that makes you tougher to kill while using it. And even that is only activated in PVE and Iron Banner. The Interceptor is being severely nerfed when the game drops. They just never implemented that during the Beta.

The Strike missions are very fun and still somewhat tough even while being level 8 and choosing the higher difficulty if you don't work together. Love the ability to search for a fire team if you don't already have one. 

Only thing I wished was added to the beta was the other game types. Those should have been tested to test spawning locations and how well certain gametypes worked for certain maps and so on and so forth. But, maybe Bungie didn't see the need cause their own testers did that for them.

And control is nothing like Domination from CoD. For one thing you don't get points based on how many objectives you hold. The only thing holding more objectives does for you is give you more points per kill. The amount of bases held determines the multiplier you get for kills and other things. I like Control a lot and can't wait to play all the other game types and modes.

Greatly looking forward to this game.