Weapons

There has been a new weapon in every Halo that has been released since the first. The better question is which weapons don't come back. The one's I wish to come back are the sticky detonator, and maybe the rail gun.

I really liked the promethean weapons, but I am unsure if Prometheans will be present in the game. I don't think they're a guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have played Halo 2 there were placable turrets that the AI placed. You, as the player could mount them but you couldn't place them where you want. As an ability you should be able to place down a turret in an appropriate place then use it until it runs out of ammunition. in halo 2 their was a covenant and UNSC variant.

Maulers, SMGS, definitely.

Along with that the Halo 3 Energy Sword physics. It's not really a new weapon but it could actually stand a chance against the Gravity Hammer, and it actually took skill to win a sword fight, rather than luck

It depended on your use of the melee (B button) and how fast you can react, it was great fun.

Add the Covenant Needle Rifle as well, as it was one of my best weapons, and it would balance out the DMR/BR weapons

I really liked the promethean weapons, but I am unsure if Prometheans will be present in the game. I don't think they're a guarantee.

I have to disagree with you there.

It seems extremely unlikely 343i would spend 3 years creating entirely new art assets and then just dump them after one ingame use. The Brutes didn't appear in Halo 4 and I don't believe were mentioned yet we had a Gravity Hammer(For Griffball's sake)

I think if anything we're going to see newer, even crazier Forerunner weapons. Along with new Human and Covie ones as well. I feel as if all of Halo 4's weapons would return and hopefully some of the Reach exclusive weapons would make an appearance. I miss my sticky launcher :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have to disagree with you there.

It seems extremely unlikely 343i would spend 3 years creating entirely new art assets and then just dump them after one ingame use. The Brutes didn't appear in Halo 4 and I don't believe were mentioned yet we had a Gravity Hammer(For Griffball's sake)

I think if anything we're going to see newer, even crazier Forerunner weapons. Along with new Human and Covie ones as well. I feel as if all of Halo 4's weapons would return and hopefully some of the Reach exclusive weapons would make an appearance. I miss my sticky launcher :(

I got my theory's disproven by a comic anyway.

Personally, I want every weapon from the entire halo universe to come, probably as a preorder bonus you can have a replica of all the weapons from the previous games. Also we need alot more weapons to use in both single player and multiplayer. I don't care what you do with vehicles because I don't really use much vehicles

• 1 month later...
Personally, I want every weapon from the entire halo universe to come, probably as a preorder bonus you can have a replica of all the weapons from the previous games. Also we need alot more weapons to use in both single player and multiplayer. I don't care what you do with vehicles because I don't really use much vehicles

It would probably be too much work and trouble to bring back ALL weapons AND new ones. I hope they bring back quite a few though

It would probably be too much work and trouble to bring back ALL weapons AND new ones. I hope they bring back quite a few though

I could agree with Arbiter. Because it could take long time to have that download to your xbox console or something. I'm not sure if X1 downloads or updates anything.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really too worried about what new power weapons will be introduced or which ones won't be returning. I'm more concerned with how they implement some of the staples and weapons that haven't been around in a while (like the SMG).

With loadouts gone (at least for a portion of the multiplayer experience) and dual-wielding being unlikely to return, I'm hopeful that the "secondary" weapons of Halo's past can get more legitimate roles in the sandbox than "backup weapon" or "trade it first chance I get".

Here's a link to a topic i made discussing an idea to do just that.

I think precision and proper shot placement should be rewarded with a faster kill-time. However, the current method of rewarding these skills is far from infallible. As it currently stands, you precision weapon's shot placement is irrelevant until your target's shields are fully or nearly depleted. You can shoot your shielded target in the head or on the toe and it all counts the same, just as it is with non-precision weapons (like automatics).

I'd like to see headshots do more damage than "bodyshots", regardless of shields or firing mode of the weapon. By this, I mean:

• Headshots on shielded targets have headshot multipliers (more damage to shields when shooting the head) for both "precision weapons" and "automatics".
  • Headshots on un-shielded targets have greater headshot multipliers than headshots on shielded targets (in the case of UNSC weapons, vice versa in the case of Covenant weapons).
  • Headshot multipliers for the BR should kill with two or three rounds on an un-shielded target (getting one headshot out of three on an un-shielded target should not give you the kill).
  • Automatics like the AR have smaller reticles, less spread, and a static RRR halfway between the scoped and un-scoped RRR of precision weapons (but still without a zoom function).
  • Balance the headshot multipliers/kill-times between the automatic and semi-auto/burst-fire weapons.

These changes to the sandbox would make gameplay with these weapons more skillful, as shot placement would be important throughout combat rather than just at the end of encounters with precision weapons.

What do you think?