UPDATE: Interview with Mike Colter

PBKBl2b.png

Well it seems I jumped the gun and posted something that was apparently in development... oops. Well relating to the topic name change, Variety (if you've been paying attention it's the site that leaked the first Locke image) posted a full interview with Mike Colter. I will be quoting Variety (and Halo4Nation.com of course c:).

Variety then shared a mild summary of Nightfall's plot:

"Colter plays an agent with the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) whose team is sent to investigate terrorist activity on a distant colony world and are eventually drawn to an ancient, hellish artifact during their search."

UPDATE: iBot posted this in another topic. Waypoint states that Halo: Nightfall takes place between Halo 4, and Halo 5: Guardians.

- - -

Locke un-armored. This may be Locke as a Human before he went through the Spartan Augs...

Fd3nu1x.jpg

“Agent Locke is a new character to the Halo franchise and will play a pivotal role in Halo: Nightfall and Halo 5: Guardians. I’m really excited for our Halo: Nightfall panel at San Diego Comic-Con – Agent Locke is one of the most exciting and unique characters I’ve ever played, and I can’t wait to tell fans all about him next week,” explained Colter in the interview with Variety.

“I’m actually new to gaming – so I haven’t had a chance to play through all of the Halo games yet. However, one of the main reasons why I was so attracted to Halo: Nightfall to begin with was the script. The world it introduces is mysterious and intriguing and the character I play (Agent Locke) immediately connected with me.  Having worked on Halo: Nightfall and gotten a taste for what Halo has to offer, it definitely has me interested in picking up the games and getting familiarized more with the Halo universe,” Colter continued.

iBot posted this image already in another topic. Looks like Locke in his armored get-up from the next picture.

sdcc-2014-halo-nightfall-oni-and-sedrans

"Scheuring’s script was incredibly gripping. It introduces an intriguing and mysterious world that I wanted to know more about. When I first heard of the project it was presented as a film that would then later be edited into chapters. So in almost every way it is a film. The only difference is that it will be released in segments".

Shows Locke in some ODST looking armor while holding a DMR.

sdcc-2014-halo-nightfall-locke-operator-

"Playing a character in a series based on a video game was a new medium for me. Who would the audience be? How would they access the series? Fortunately, ensuring accessibility to a broad audience is one of the things that Scott Free TV and 343 values first and foremost. Not only does ‘Halo: Nightfall’ cater to the hardcore ‘Halo’ fans, but it’s also designed so newcomers to the franchise, like me, can easily enter the ‘Halo’ universe, identify with the characters and be entertained by the story being told on screen."

Locke holding a DMR, and a Pistol as his sidearm.

sdcc-2014-halo-nightfall-oni-and-sedrans

“As far as preparation for the character, I’d say that there was really no way to prepare because the biggest challenges came from the unseasonable weather we encountered on a daily basis. The elements actually brought a depth to the world we were creating that I hope comes across on film. I can’t recall too many days where I was completely comfortable on set. We just had to fight through it. From Northern Ireland to Iceland we were plagued with rain, near freezing temps and wind. Sometimes all three. A challenge in itself”.

- - -

I'm not sure if the mini-series availability was clarified, but Inquisitr reinforced it:

"Nightfall will also be available through Xbox LIVE for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 as well as Windows Phone and Surface tablets."

Remember to watch out for the Nightfall's presentation at Comic Con on Thursday! Colter, and I think the rest of the cast will be there.

Thoughts?

-

Sources: Inquisitr, Variety, Halo4Nation, Halo Waypoint

http://www.inquisitr.com/1366305/halo-nightfall-first-look-at-live-action-agent-locke/

http://halo4nation.com/news/interview-agent-locke-actor-mike-colter/

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/halo-nightfalls-mike-colter-discusses-his-role-in-the-upcoming-live-action-halo-series

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/halo-nightfall-exclusive-image-featuring-mike-colter-as-agent-locke

Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 9

I prefer him in-armor though. I wonder if Mike Colter will be the voice of Locke in-game as well.

That's what I was wondering as well. Colter has played in some TV series shows before, but I haven't seen those shows: so I don't know what he sounds like.

Whatever the case... If his performance stacks up well in Nightfall, then hell yeah I want him to replay the character in Halo 5. c:

"an ancient, hellish artifact"

Well, there's your Halo ring. When thinking timeline, I wonder if this is in-between Halo 3 and Halo 4 or another period all together. Another wonder of mine is this a new ring, or one we have visited before? So many questions...

One thing's for sure though... I'm glad SOMEONE is on a ring again, because I miss the Halos. :cry:

"an ancient, hellish artifact"

Well, there's your Halo ring. When thinking timeline, I wonder if this is in-between Halo 3 and Halo 4 or another period all together. Another wonder of mine is this a new ring, or one we have visited before? So many questions...

One thing's for sure though... I'm glad SOMEONE is on a ring again, because I miss the Halos. :cry:

I think Installation 04 was the only one that was destroyed. The other rings are intact.

Relating to the plot, I believe that Locke and his team teleport to a shard of Installation 04 while searching for the perpetrators on the Colony World.

"Hellish Artefact" sums up 04 pretty well. It's destruction has left it devastated, but still habitable in some places (according to the picture).

I think Installation 04 was the only one that was destroyed. The other rings are intact.

Relating to the plot, I believe that Locke and his team teleport to a shard of Installation 04 while searching for the perpetrators on the Colony World.

"Hellish Artefact" sums up 04 pretty well. It's destruction has left it devastated, but still habitable in some places (according to the picture).

Still leaves to question, how long is this after Halo: CE?

Though, Installation 04A was destroyed, but 04B was also. However, that was above the Ark, and I see no Ark at this point.

This could mean however... even though they were probably all wiped out from the explosion... That the Flood make an appearance in this... :spiteful:

Now his rank could either be lieutenant commander for Navy, or a Major of the other three branches.

I think I read somewhere that Locke is indeed a Lieutenant Commander. I think it was in the Arbiter Terminal Trailer at the beginning... or else I don't remember where I got if from.

Either way he's an ONI Agent. That probably has him in a rank far above regular ranked personnel, but that's just my guess.

if it's either 4 or 4B I dunno if it's 4B then Chief could possibly be on the Ark in H5 but then again the only known way to get to the Ark was the portal

In the mission "Halo" from Halo 3, Chief and the Arbiter escaped the 04B ring while it was falling to pieces. It was habitable, and had snow covered areas, but I highly doubt it survived the premature detonation. It would have been ripped to shreds in the explosion. The outside of The Ark probably survived the explosion though.

And in the Warthog run on Halo, it looked like it hadn't been fully completed: 1, as in the weird metal plates covering the landscape falling apart, and 2, a look from afar in a control tower it is seen that large parts of the outside of the Ring are exposed and incomplete.

Installation 04 however just suffered a fracture, and broke into large pieces: which I think are probably still habitable, unlike 04B, which I think was totally destroyed.

• Like 1

In the mission "Halo" from Halo 3, Chief and the Arbiter escaped the 04B ring while it was falling to pieces. It was habitable, and had snow covered areas, but I highly doubt it survived the premature detonation. It would have been ripped to shreds in the explosion. The outside of The Ark probably survived the explosion though.

And in the Warthog run on Halo, it looked like it hadn't been fully completed: 1, as in the weird metal plates covering the landscape falling apart, and 2, a look from afar in a control tower it is seen that large parts of the outside of the Ring are exposed and incomplete.

Installation 04 however just suffered a fracture, and broke into large pieces: which I think are probably still habitable, unlike 04B, which I think was totally destroyed.

Installation 04B was destroyed by the detonation, while the Lesser Ark (the one in Halo 3) was heavily damaged beyond normal repair.

So essentially the Greater Ark is the last console to remotely fire all the Halo rings now.

Installation 04B was destroyed by the detonation, while the Lesser Ark (the one in Halo 3) was heavily damaged beyond normal repair.

So essentially the Greater Ark is the last console to remotely fire all the Halo rings now.

the greater one was also destroyed back in the Forerunner-Flood war I'm pretty sure along with Omega Halo

^

If they are still on standby they cannot be activated, because while on standby they have to be activated by the Ark, and as of now the Ark is heavily damaged but operational. :)

Each Halo has an individual Activation Index and a Control Room to activate each ring. Guilty Spark attempted to get Chief to activate Ring 04 individually in Halo CE, and I think Cortana kept the Index from there to use on 04B.

Plus Ring 03 had it's Index in a lab on the Ivanoff Research Station.

If you get a Ring's Index, and travel to it's Control Room, then you can activate it. The Ark is there to just activate them all at once without having to activate each ring individually.

UPDATE: In the Comic Con Panel on Halowaypoint, it is confirmed that Colter will reprise his role as Locke in Halo 5.

+ Nightfall is set on a distant poor colony world, and then a fragment of Installation 04 that attempted to slipspace jump to somewhere safe, but ended up somewhere much worse.

When asked if enemies left on the Ring will show up in Nightfall, Frank replied with something like "I can't talk about that now. There will be things on the ring that will pose obstacles to Locke and his team". So maybe we will see stranded Covenant, and Flood forms. Maybe dangerous Forerunner Sentinels.