Unrecognized Disc

stefanv1997

Okay so I've heard many other people have this problem. I can play halo 4 most of the time but sometimes it says the disc is unrecognized. It can happen to me mid game or at the dashboard. I have tried the trouble shooting from xbox.com and on the phone but nothing worked. The disc is spotless and I rarely played it before so I doubt that is the problem. I also know it's not my console because every other game plays with no problem, and all of those other games have more scratches than my halo 4. I know I'm not the only one with this. So what's the cause to this problem if the discs are clean and the consoles are good? (I have a new xbox slim). How do I fix it?

Sounds like when your disc 2 installed, it did not do so properly, and thus either left out a file, or does not contain it. It could also be that your Disc 1 has a slight imperfection that would cause the game to kick you. I had similar problems with Reach and another game due to this. I would suggest installing your Disc 1, as well as your disc 2 (which you already had to, so you don't need to again).