Come on 343! How about a Halo MMO?

Graelock

I was just looking at the Destiny Beta information for which I have signed up for. I got to thinking, about how I loved Halo Reach so much. It was my favorite Halo of all time. It was rustic and not so lonely e.g. it wasn't about Master Chief and is soloing adventures...the color pallette was a little more muted/ colder, You had a squad and felt that there was purpose. There was eventually a hint of sorrow, as you lost various Noble Six personalities that you began to grow attached to. It just left something that resonated...in me, anyway.

I then started thinking about how they could do a more rustic and gritty, non-Master Chief-centric story that is in a sort of Destiny-like MMO format that is about you as your own Spartan. Most missions and quests can be done solo(as to not single out those who do not particuarly care to engage in groups), but some bosses/ missions requiring squad-based tactics and perhaps dedicated squad regions(high level regions). I think it's time to start really putting into perspective, the size of the Halo universe. We've only been given doses of it in each title. You can start out at Reach and/ or other Spartan, newb-esque facility and open the ability to graduate the Spartan Program and go to all these stations/ planets as Chief, Sam, Kelly, Linda, Fred and the rest of his kin did. It's a good way to tell the story of the"conception of a Spartan.

Imagine storming a beach with your squad, imagine exploring high level Forerunner facilities etc.

...also, imagine your squad all trying to gang up on a tough, high level hunter.  This would be fun.

Oh! And imagine Onyx as a high-level group/ farming zone.

• Like 1

We aren't officially 343i, no one from 343i is here.

Nice idea though.

If only Freeman would go to the freaking Borealis already... but the tyrannical Gabe prevents his departure.  :sweat: 

Sadly we are not 343i. Waypoint is their official site.

Anyway you have a good idea there. One I think could be executed, and be well received by the Community. But I think for right now we should just keep it normal MP related so that people don't' think we're doing the MMO thing because of Destiny. We don't want even MORE butthurt fanboys thinking Halo stole something else from another Franchise. I think it could happen, but not recently. At least a few years after Destiny launches.

I was just looking at the Destiny Beta information for which I have signed up for. I got to thinking, about how I loved Halo Reach so much. It was my favorite Halo of all time. It was rustic and not so lonely e.g. it wasn't about Master Chief and is soloing adventures...the color pallette was a little more muted/ colder, You had a squad and felt that there was purpose. There was eventually a hint of sorrow, as you lost various Noble Six personalities that you began to grow attached to. It just left something that resonated...in me, anyway.

I then started thinking about how they could do a more rustic and gritty, non-Master Chief-centric story that is in a sort of Destiny-like MMO format that is about you as your own Spartan. Most missions and quests can be done solo(as to not single out those who do not particuarly care to engage in groups), but some bosses/ missions requiring squad-based tactics and perhaps dedicated squad regions(high level regions). I think it's time to start really putting into perspective, the size of the Halo universe. We've only been given doses of it in each title. You can start out at Reach and/ or other Spartan, newb-esque facility and open the ability to graduate the Spartan Program and go to all these stations/ planets as Chief, Sam, Kelly, Linda, Fred and the rest of his kin did. It's a good way to tell the story of the"conception of a Spartan.

Imagine storming a beach with your squad, imagine exploring high level Forerunner facilities etc.

...also, imagine your squad all trying to gang up on a tough, high level hunter.  This would be fun.

Oh! And imagine Onyx as a high-level group/ farming zone.

A. we arent the official site for 343 

B. i wouldnt trust 343 with something that complicated