Halo 3 Recon

Qurkyy

Hello 343 I am excited to be apart of the community! I was wondering if there any way I can get Recon on Halo 3 again? My main account was Stolen from me a while back and I had to make a new account. I heard you cant get it through the vidmasters anymore since Bungie is no longer in control of Halo anymore. My gamer tag is Q u r K y y y. Can you give me recon if at all possible. Please/Thanks :thumbsup:

Woah, woah, woah. Recon armor unlocks automatically? Are you sure about that?

Are you guys sure you're playing Halo LOL? 1. It auto unlocked to people who already played, 2 summers ago so GG there. 2 It doesn't "auto unlock", it did ONCE right after 343 took it from bungie. Honestly please hop off this forum thread if you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

No, it does auto unlock. My friend got Xbox-live for the first time over Christmas, he has Recon with the new account, as it unlocked for him. My account got Recon unlocked a full six months after the auto-unlock started, and yes, my account was created after that. Plenty of people have come to the forums over the last year complaining about this same issue, and have all come back and responded that it did unlock to them after playing for a while. Also, go play Halo 3 right now, and you will see plenty of new players that have not played Halo 3 before last year, and many of them will be wearing Recon.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/R_variant

Check the last trivia^^

Edited by Sikslik7

No, it does auto unlock. My friend got Xbox-live for the first time over Christmas, he has Recon with the new account, as it unlocked for him. My account got Recon unlocked a full six months after the auto-unlock started, and yes, my account was created after that. Plenty of people have come to the forums over the last year complaining about this same issue, and have all come back and responded that it did unlock to them after playing for a while. Also, go play Halo 3 right now, and you will see plenty of new players that have not played Halo 3 before last year, and many of them will be wearing Recon.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/R_variant

Check the last trivia^^

Not sure if you're acting dumb orrr? I'm about to have another 50 for the millionth time and dont have recon. That's like saying if i hopped on reach i would have blue flame LOL

Are you guys sure you're playing Halo LOL? 1. It auto unlocked to people who already played, 2 summers ago so GG there. 2 It doesn't "auto unlock", it did ONCE right after 343 took it from bungie. Honestly please hop off this forum thread if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't go around making yourself an a** on here. It makes yourself look bad. At least provide a little respect for other members around you.

Edited by Ardent Prayer
  • Like 1

Don't go around making yourself an a** on here. It makes yourself look bad. At least provide a little respect for other members around you.

I know what i'm talking about. I made my account over a year ago. If anything it links up after a few games after you link your account with 343

I know what i'm talking about. I made my account over a year ago. If anything it links up after a few games after you link your account with 343

What's your gamertag BTW? Maybe you have to earn a Vidmaster first, but I didn't get one until way after I got Recon (about a year later). The only thing that really corresponds to the timing would be campaign or how far I got in MM.

Guys keep it civil here.

To the OP, generally if you play a few games of Halo 3, Recon will unlock. It doesn't have to be necessarily 3, can be one or many games. But the average has tended to be a few games.

People who have played for months after it was announced of the locking still didn't get it, they were unlucky. While others didn't even play a game and got it, so it's not entirely correct that everyone gets it automatically, nor that you need to play a set amount of games for it.

• Like 1

Fear 343 industries, let me start at by saying thank you for the hard work and dedication to the halo series. I heard a whole back a wave of halo was released, like a long while back. I had recon on my first acount (magic morgen) I earned it by completing every achievement in halo 3 and odst.... I was hacked and I made a new acount. Which is linked to this acount..... I worked really hard for my armor and it's gone...... I would greatly apreciate it back... I would never ask for the armor because it's an honor to have it. But it's also sad that I was hacked and halo 3 means the world to me! I understand if my excuse seems untrue but it's the truth.... It's taken me a while to message because I didn't know there was a way but now I found it. At least take me into consideration....

Sincerely, magic mystr

PS. My xbox tag now is ( Sun surf3r ) thank you!

If you do not have recon now, you wil never be able to acquire it. (All this took was a quick Google search)

So even Vidmatsers don't unlock them now? That's pretty sad...

I only needed one vidmaster to get it the original way before they gave it to everyone. Still need "Vidmatser: Endure" from ODST.

• 3 months later...

Recon now auto unlocks after you play a few games on Halo 3. Just play and it will come!

I have played Halo 3 for a year, and I'm certain I still don't have it. But there has to be a way to get Recon. I don't want Recon to show off, it's just I love the chest and helmet in particular.

To 343i: I have been desperate for Recon for half a year now, can you please grant me Recon armor?

My gamertag is HaloNinja146, no spaces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To 343i: I have been desperate for Recon for half a year now, can you please grant me Recon armor?

My gamertag is HaloNinja146, no spaces.

WE ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL 343!! THAT IS HALO WAYPOINT. READ THE TITLE: COMMUNITY FORUM.

I'm not sure but I think it might auto unlock because in Halo Reach I didn't need a code to unlock Recon and now I have it. Maybe it only unlocks if your account was made after the announcement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just incase if you have not noticed in halo reach you have to be a colonel to get the recon helmet! But I do really want recon on halo 3 so I am getting tired of waiting here I know 343 has recon so don't even lie all you 343 members. I'm not being mean. And don't even say that you cant recon any more. My friend works for Microsoft so he would not lie to me. I'm hoping someone will give me some good advice. I can tell there are still many ways to get recon. Little tip the recon skull is on forge!

Just incase if you have not noticed in halo reach you have to be a colonel to get the recon helmet! But I do really want recon on halo 3 so I am getting tired of waiting here I know 343 has recon so don't even lie all you 343 members. I'm not being mean. And don't even say that you cant recon any more. My friend works for Microsoft so he would not lie to me. I'm hoping someone will give me some good advice. I can tell there are still many ways to get recon. Little tip the recon skull is on forge!

you do realise there is no such thing as a "Recon Skull" right? As for there being many ways to get Recon that is completely false there have only been 2 ways to unlock Recon in Halo 3 those were the Vidmasters and 343i doing the unlock.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously? You put your own post in a quote? What is the point of that, Alen?

ANYWAY

Whatever skull you saw isn't the "Recon Skull" because there is no such thing. I don't know where you got your information but it's obvious that either you're lying or your supposed benefactor is. There are only two ways to get Recon: the Vidmaster stuff, which only worked when Bungie was in charge, and 343's unlock for all players, which only works if you had the game before they did the unlock. If you got Halo 3 for the first time after that day...sorry, you're NEVER getting Recon. Ever.

Well, unless you get the MCC. It's unlocked there by default.