What should be in Halo Wars 2?

Yoyomasterninja

I know this, Halo Wars 2 or whatever they would call it Is probably the most desired addon to the Halo franchise at our current moment. So let me ask you something. What would you like in this game?

Here's what I was thinking:

1. Battles in Space (your base would be a covenent cruiser or UNSC ship)

2. More units (such as spectre, revenant, different warthogs, maybe even a falcon?)

3. Commanders? (I have noticed that the covenent have leaders, but what of the UNSC? Seargent Forge?)

4. More powers (like maybe a bombardment, a beacon to bring more troops in, etc.)

5. More Random Buildings that infantry take over (Maybe like AA guns or Rebel airbases)

6. Extended campaign: It all seemed to go by so quick

7. Tougher AIs, like maybe the rebels ACTUALLY have vehicles?

8. More difficulty selections. OK, i know that ALL halo games only have 4, but i mean this is practically a different game!

9. More Maps with a lot of variety, like say, a place overflowed with rebels or something?

10. More transportation options. Ok, so let's say you want to transport your troops somewhere, but the enemy has AA guns everywhere. Can't take a pelican. Walo Wars added a lot of vehicles to start, so add a ground transportation!

11. Maybe even the option to assume control of one of your troops? Not in global view, but you actually get to play as them.

12. Different kinds of Units. You know, more "Super effective against", like maybe a shield destroyer, or a really strong juggernaut unit.

13. More command options, like maybe command troops to stand their ground instead of pursuing a enemy

14. Buildables, like, you can select a place and build a shade turret there or something.

15. No max unit. why I say this is because it seems to be very restricting. I think that it would be great if 343 made Halo Wars 2 so that you could have unlimited troops. It just seems like it would be more exciting if 150 grunt squads faced off against 150 marines, which, of course is not possible in Halo Wars.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree with me? Disagree with me? I would love to figure out what other people would like to see.

A lot of the stuff you request would be difficult to impliment because Halo Wars is a ConsoleRTS which greatly restricts ithe compliexity of the game and controls

Also for your point at 15. All good RTS games have a unit cap. Including Starcraft 2 the most popular RTS currently around. Unit caps are in place for balancing reasons and while the easy solution is to just greatly increase the unit cap with the power of X1(since it will no doubt be possible to greatly increase the cap)

Nice points though I would love to see space battles and more factions/units make an appearance.

A lot of the stuff you request would be difficult to impliment because Halo Wars is a ConsoleRTS which greatly restricts ithe compliexity of the game and controls

Also for your point at 15. All good RTS games have a unit cap. Including Starcraft 2 the most popular RTS currently around. Unit caps are in place for balancing reasons and while the easy solution is to just greatly increase the unit cap with the power of X1(since it will no doubt be possible to greatly increase the cap)

Nice points though I would love to see space battles and more factions/units make an appearance.

" All good RTS games have a unit cap." 

What about Command and Conquer? That series didn't have unit caps, and i loved it. On PC, anyway. The Xbox version did have a unit cap. Maybe Halo Wars 2 for the Xbox One can have an unlimited unit cap, or increased? What do you guys think?  

" All good RTS games have a unit cap." 

What about Command and Conquer? That series didn't have unit caps, and i loved it. On PC, anyway. The Xbox version did have a unit cap. Maybe Halo Wars 2 for the Xbox One can have an unlimited unit cap, or increased? What do you guys think?  

Highly unlikely it will be unlimited.

A lot greater would be good though.

• Like 1

Console RTS games had limited caps simply because their hardware couldn't handle that many units in movement at one time. Notice how the game lags on Halo Wars when people have max units and are moving them.

But there are many great RTS games out there with limited units as well as unlimited units. Sins of a Solar Empire is one that is massive in scope yet has limited units. Great game BTW. The SpellForce series of games all have limited units but are good games none the less.

Having a limit on the amount of units is fine, though it should be a reasonable amount. Not the tiny stuff we got in Halo Wars.

Over all though if there were to be another Halo RTS I personally think it should be PC exclusive in order to make best use out of the RTS features. The console, even the new generation stuff just isn't up to the fine controls needed, among other things.

• 2 weeks later...